Live Beyond Fear

Old 02-21-2007, 03:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Live Beyond Fear

There is real treasure at the center of your being. Yet fear can keep that treasure hidden and inaccessible.

Fear of failure can keep you from taking the steps necessary to succeed. Fear of being wrong can prevent you from making the choices that are truly right for you.

Fear of loss leaves you unable to win. Fear gives power and influence to whatever it is you fear.

Yet fear can exist only when you view life through the narrow window of your ego. Get beyond that ego, and fear no longer has any place to inhabit.

When you view the rest of life as being separate and disconnected from you, that provides fertile ground for destructive fear. The more fully you realize and the more deeply you understand your connection to all that is, the more quickly the fears will vanish.

Stop listening to your ego and you'll stop being a prisoner of fear. Think and act and feel beyond yourself and you'll live well beyond the fear.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Before recovery, I think I spent much of my life living in fear. Fear of what might happen, fear of loss, fear of tomorrow, fear of losing control that I never really had to begin with.

I found the antidote to fear, faith. Faith has put light in that dark place where fear lives, faith has put hope where despair used to dwell, and faith will take me through today and all of my tomorrows if I just remember to stay spiritually connected and ask to be led each day.

Hugs
Old 02-21-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Get beyond that ego, and fear no longer has any place to inhabit.
This is where I struggle. Getting beyond the ego.
This is food for thought for me today.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Red face

Thanks for this post. I have struggled with getting beyond self-centred fear for years so I can really identify with this post.