Responsibility

Old 12-21-2006, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Responsibility

The moment you stop blaming your misery on others, it disappears. The moment you take full and complete responsibility for your life, you jump to a whole new level of effectiveness and achievement.

Imagine going through each day with no frustrations, no anxiety, and no regrets. Imagine putting every bit of your energy, in every moment, into meaningful, productive, joyful and fulfilling pursuits.

Imagine being able to easily put your intentions into action. Imagine being able to maintain a clear sense of purpose and a rock-solid focus.

Choose to accept responsibility for everything that touches your life, and you'll increasingly find yourself living in such a world. Your eyes will be opened to the beautiful, overwhelming abundance of positive possibilities.

Have your blaming and fighting and running and hiding and avoiding ever brought you anything of real value? Maybe it's time to turn around and realize that responsibility is truly a gift rather than a burden.

Choose now to accept that gift of responsibility. And you will surely experience profound fulfillment.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2006 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh man you mean I have to own up to all that stuff. Good stuff Ann. I have not always taken responsibility and I am now starting and it's kinda funny how people close to me are starting to act. Interesting

Scot
Old 12-24-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The above is what "being recovered" is all about.

Human beings are moral agents who make choices.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

My early days and weeks at SR this very truth that your posts writes about hit me like a ton of bricks......it scared me, shocked me......terrified me....that I, and I alone had the responsibility to change my life..............that I had the ball in my court.shock turened to joy as i realized his responisbility was actually the greatest gift I could EVER receive. I learned I didn't have to drown with every storm, I didn't have to fall with every push, I didn't have to live my life suffering...............I could live and FEEL and embrace the freedoms reponsibility brought me.

Anyone still scared of this awesome responsibility, this huge choice that is your life.please know this.IT CAN and IT WILL get BETTER..when YOU put your ball into PLAY, when YOU take charge of your life it will still be rough and scary and frustrating.but it will be so much better...............so fulfilling, so much more peaceful...............and you will move forward onthis journey claled life travelling paths you only once dreamed 'others' could walk.........

(((((((((Huge Hugs to All)))))))))))