How did you cope with that problem ?

Old 12-17-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How did you cope with that problem ?

Can some members share about the problems,grief,heartache,death,disease and disappointments that they have experienced and how they coped ?
thanks SoldierBilly
Old 12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Suffering

About 10 years ago I went to 7 funerals if 3 months . My dad,My brother,My sponsor,A sponsee and friends. When I got news that my brother had died, I thought "Well you have to except the things you can not change" I then went to bed. It then dawned on me I was running away from the grief. I had to go and face it. I drove from Wales to Liverpool to meet my brothers wife and kids. On the way there I just wanted to turn around and not go. But with a few serenity prays under my belt I got there. I had to face a crying family and much grief.

I do not like emotional pain and by trying to run away from it I just made life bad. But by facing life on lifes terms it leads to "Emotional Muscle" and Peace of Mind. The more I am in recovery the more I understand that life is full of ups and down. The important thing is to enjoy the ups and accept the downs.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Solidier
I was going to post a similar thread. I am dealing with the same issues. You are not alone. From what I have read - time is the greatest healer. And there are several stages of grief. I wish I could say that the wounds of loss, grief and heartache will vanish magically for you (and me too) and you will have grieved sufficiently and for the last time. If it helps any I am dealing with the same things and the new heartache reminds me of past heartaches and losses. Every one grieves in their own way and in their own time.
One thing that I can say is that it seems that not numbing it seems to be the most natural way to grieve effectively.
I have tried to get everything that reminds me of the person away and I still keep finding places and things that remind me of that person. I guess this too is natural to the grieving process.
It sure as hell sucks though Ill give you that.
May you find Peace at the holiday season and beyond.....