Elder's Meditation of the Day December 1

Old 12-01-2006, 12:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Elder's Meditation of the Day December 1

"Sometimes dreams are wiser then waking."
--Black Elk (Hehaka Sapa), OGLALA

The Great Spirit has many ways of communicating with the human being. He talks to us through the five senses-sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch. For example, we can observe nature and see a lesson or get an answer. These five senses function primarily in the physical world. But we also have the ability to receive communication from the Unseen World. To do this we have a sixth sense. It comes in the form of dreams, imagination, intuition, inspiration or a hunch. Along with the dream or intuitive thought there is a feeling, a knowing. We just know it's true without the need for proof. We need to pay attention to our dreams and intuition. Don't cast them off as being silly or useless. Be respectful to our dreams and feelings.

Creator, if you speak to me through dreams, let me know it in terms I can understand.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When I began my recovery and the noise and chaos of my life became quiet, I realized that my intuition was very accurate and that my dreams told me many things about myself and my life. This was scary until I realized that most people have these "gifts" if they too paid attention.

The secret, for me, was to spend quiet time, peaceful time, and just listen.

Hugs