Is this normal?

Old 11-24-2006, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AA Member

Is this normal?

HI, I have a question abought being tiered after quitting drinking after 23 years of drinking . Today is day 26 for me and every day I seem to get more tiered . I eat good take vitamins and have started exercising but I feel so drained. The first week after quitting I felt great only minor withdraw shakes for a couple days and the haze for a week or so. Is this normal ?or dose it take longer to get your energy back. Thanks ,Jay
Old 11-24-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jay,

I would suggest talking to your dr about your health concerns.

Congratulations on 26 days sober!
Old 11-24-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am tired all the time too. I have seen my doctor and everything is fine. I've been eating better, trying to sleep regular hours, and exercise.

My sponsor said that she slept more her first year of sobriety than she ever had. Her theory is that your body is working overtime to repair the damage all the alcohol did over the years. Who knows? I just sleep when I can and I don't feel guilty about it. You do what you need to do to get better.

Congratulations on your soon-to-be month! Way to go!

Take good care and keep on keeping on!
Old 11-24-2006, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound too abnormal Jay, however there are many variables to consider, and like Anna said, talking with your Doc is probably the best bet.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

Thank you Anna, Scoot and Doug, Just up from my nap. I just haven’t felt like this other times I quit (but I am getting older) its not affecting my work
and I don't have a life, but my house could use some help. I went to the doctors a bought a year ago and everything check out good . I think I will go to a meeting tonight after a year of being away. Thank you all for your input .Jay
Old 11-25-2006, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

I agree that its probably your body repairing the stuff that alcohol messed up...

Getting a physical probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Your working on your spiritual health, may as well find out if everythings fine physically...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-25-2006, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am finding that I am tiring way more easily too. And I'm sleeping better now, but feel groggy when I wake up, not jittery as I used to before. It's nice to think that this may mean that things are being repaired rather than the fact that I am getting older. :P"

I'd get a check-up if I were you, just to be sure all is well.

CS