Everyone Can Win

Old 11-08-2006, 02:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Everyone Can Win

Real peace comes from the inside. Let it freely flow out from you.

The more peace you offer, the more you will have. Take the time to understand, and you will in turn be better understood.

Improve your interactions with the people around you by raising your expectations of them. Genuinely respect the diverse opinions and perspectives of others, and you will gain their respect as well.

Keep confrontation as your very last resort rather than your first approach. Set the tone by being respectful and pleasant, and you'll find yourself getting much accomplished.

Just because people disagree with you does not make them your enemies. Take the time to listen, and you might even learn something of real value from them.

There is infinitely more to be gained through cooperation than through confrontation. Make yourself a real winner by bringing out the winning qualities in those around you.

With such an approach, everyone can win.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 11-08-2006, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just because people disagree with you does not make them your enemies. Take the time to listen, and you might even learn something of real value from them.
Oh boy, that took me a long time to learn. Just because two people have two different opinions doesn't necessarily mean one is right and the other is wrong. What it usually means is simply that two people have different opinions.

I have learned to listen and respect the opinions of others, particularly when I don't agree. I don't have to agree...it's their opinion not mine. I also don't have to argue or try to convince them to think my way. I simply have to respect their right to have their own opinion and hope they will respect my right to mine.

This sure made life easier for me.

Hugs