help

Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

Been sober for 3.5 yrs for the 2nd time in my life.Started drinking a little .Know where it will lead been writing on here everywhere please help I'M DEAD IF i don't quit. IF NO HELP BYE
Old 10-31-2006, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Cooky,
I hope you are going to AA meetings. If not start going. That is the only way to stay sober. Work the steps and find a sponsor. Keep posting here also. It is so hard to stop once drinking again. The longer you drink, the harder it is to stop unless you are in jail or hospiltal. A few prayers will help. Best of luck, Let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

go to aa nowwwwwwww drinking is a progressive disease it will be worst than 3 years ago, that i promise!!! you've come too far
Old 10-31-2006, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cooky,

There is lots of support here and lots of encouragement, so keep posting.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well 24 hrs To bed soon and wake up feeling like I should.You'll find me on here .
Old 11-01-2006, 03:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Reason to believe

Hey Cooky,

Nobody HAS to drink..there is always a choice at the end of the day. Do what you can to stay away right now..keep reading stuff on here..the sticky entitled 'under the influence' is very useful for a start, perhaps you'll choose AA...that might be a good start for you. If you do not perrtain to the 'disease model' of drinking, SMART recovery is an alternative. The books of Stanton Peele are also very good...I have just finished one actually.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Reason to believe

Originally Posted by brians
Hello Cooky,
I hope you are going to AA meetings. If not start going. That is the only way to stay sober. Work the steps and find a sponsor. Keep posting here also. It is so hard to stop once drinking again. The longer you drink, the harder it is to stop unless you are in jail or hospiltal. A few prayers will help. Best of luck, Let us know how you are doing.

Actually there are a fair few alternatives to AA and it doesn't suit every drinker. I for one, have stayed sober for many years at a time purely through my own will and other approaches such as I have touched upon in my last post (above). I agree it works for many, and may be the best course of action for Cooky right now. AA meetings do help, I have been to a few in the past but there ARE alternatives and that is a view shared by many here.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Cooky,
Please keep coming back to share with us. We care.

When I started AA, I was asked "How much do you want sobriety? Are you willing to go to any lengths for it? If you are, then you're in the right place."

Believe me, I wanted sobriety so badly that I would have done cartwheels for a mile, if it was suggested!

To me, this is no dress rehearsal... it's a matter of life or death! I love my sober life and feel daily gratitude for it.

May God bless you with strength and courage.
Hugs,
Luv