Courage of Your Convictions

Old 10-17-2006, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Courage of Your Convictions

Listen to your critics and learn what you can from them. But don't let them dissuade you from what you know is best.

A bright and shining vision has value only when you have the courage to follow it. When you know that it is the thing to do, then step up and do it.

Pay attention to what others have to say, without becoming a slave to their opinions of you. Consider differing and diverse perspectives, while keeping the substance of your most deeply held values intact.

Much of the effort of achievement is in keeping yourself focused. Choose to intentionally make that effort, to maintain that focus, and all the rest will more readily fall into place.

Though the world may seem to be against you at times, keep in mind that you are working to make that world a better place. Start to show some progress, and others will soon be buying into your vision.

Remember who you are, where you've come from, and the real value of what you have to offer. Then step forward, with renewed courage and commitment, and make it real.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 10-17-2006, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is another good reminder for me this morning. I have learned to stand by my convictions, even if I stand alone, but something I have learned is to examine my convictions every now and then with an open mind and listen to differing opinions, even if I don't agree with them.

That's how I learn, that's how I grow and that's how I find peace within.

Pay attention to what others have to say, without becoming a slave to their opinions of you. Consider differing and diverse perspectives, while keeping the substance of your most deeply held values intact.
Amen!