American Idol.... - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

American Idol....

I clicked through a bit and couldn't find a thread for this topic. I only started watching this in Jan, so I am a late bloomer.

Who do you like?

My opinion has shifted around, but not a lot. There are some that I wish had not been eliminated, but out of what we have to choose from, here are a few comments from me.

Female:

Siobhan Magnus

Crystal Bowersox

I like the calm in Crystal, but I am starting to admit that Siobhan has more scope. At this stage the others are blurring together for me.

Male:

Jermaine Sellers

Michael Lynche

Casey James

It's starting to bother me that Casey James might be getting far because of his physical appearance, and I think even he thinks so. I think he can really sing though. I think Michael was stronger than Jermaine in the most recent round, but there is a tie forming between the two of them for me. Andrew Garcia is also very interesting.
Toronto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Boy, it sure looks like I bombed on this topic, ha ha. Nobody likes it.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I don't think Casey can sing too well. But he sure is pretty. So, he may need to go the model route and not the singing route in my opinion. Kara was kind of mean to him last week - I guess to make up for the fact that she's been pawing all over him this whole time. I have a hard time like Kara. Her criticisms are usually really good, but sometimes can be mean spirited. And I hate that! Love Ellen though. I think she was a good addition.
I guess my favorite girl right now is Crystal Bowersocks. But, I'm kind of a hippy groovy girl too so I'm a bit biased.
AlonebutHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlonebutHopeful For This Useful Post:
Toronto68 (03-07-2010)
Old 03-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Alone, I noticed that Casey was not that powerful last time too. I saw this coming, that he kind of had a resentment inside that he was being appreciated for his appearance more than his ability. At least that is what I think is going on in him now. I used to like Jermaine a lot, but I was pretty satisfied he was voted off, because he was starting to look too much like a show-off and using God this and Church that as a response to everything (like he never does anything that can be improved). I don't know what is going on with Garcia, I think he is choosing the wrong songs or something. They voted off that young Joe guy, and he was way better than a couple of them. I think Michael Lynde is the best male singer at this point.

For the women, I am still a real fan of Crystal. But I am starting to really like Siobhan, the one who is kind of bizarre (in a good way). I thought her Aretha Frankin song was great, even without the crazy high note that scared everybody.

I agree with you about Kara. I found her to be the most human and capable of the best details in her critiques in the earlier stages, but it seems like this nasty person came out all of a sudden. I think Ellen is a good one for the encouragement factor and to take the edge off for them.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
On my path.

Love Idol

It is a show that kids of all ages (7 -50) can watch together.

I am not sure of my favorites yet. We will be watching tonight (boys).

Have you ever looked at DialIdol.com - Measuring the busy signal. for predictions about the winner?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

55438, I haven't seen that yet...The boys were a lot better this time, as a group. My favorites this time were Michael and Todrick. My favorites among the girls are still Crystal and Siobhan.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
On my path.

I agree with you on the girls, still not sure about the fellas though.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well, I know he has not been consistently good, but I think it was a mistake that Todrick got eliminated. Seems like there is at least one individual who is receiving votes for his FACE, ha ha.

And Lilly was better than some of the ones that are still in the running as well. Very distinct style.