An Unworkable Glitch in Posting - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2019, 05:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

An Unworkable Glitch in Posting

Lately, when I try to post, instead of submitting my comment, I am taken back to what looks like a google or ***** page of alcoholism "hits." I cannot go back or forward. I cannot submit my post. I have to re enter the forum, and retype everything. Has anyone experienced this?
DriGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

I didn't exactly have the issue of being kicked off the SR pages, but I was having issues posting, even after a short time on the site, if I didn't have the 'remember me' box checked when logging into the site each time I enter my credentials.
Guener is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guener For This Useful Post:
DriGuy (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 06:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

I am currently using Fire Fox for SR only. It worked fine once. Let's see if it works this time.

Edit: worked fine this time, but that's only twice in a row. Continued use will see if this fixes the problem or not.
I was previously using Internet Explorer by Microsoft.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Firefox had an update yesterday. Have you rebooted and/or updated since yesterday?
Old 01-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Firefox had an update yesterday. Have you rebooted and/or updated since yesterday?
I've had Firefox for years, but hardly ever used it until this morning, when I intuitively got the idea that maybe the problem was with Internet Explorer. I never know when something is updated. Most of the time it's automatic, and I pay no attention, so I'm probably using the update.

Edit: That's three times it worked, and I'm encouraged that it may have fixed the problem. Strange things happen in computers. Years ago, I was writing a long and complicated program in basic, and it suddenly started coming up with an unwanted result. I reread the most recent part of my program, and figured it was one particular command. I took it out and rewrote it. It still failed. In desperation, I left it in and followed it with the exact same command, and it worked. I can't account for it. It made no sense. It just worked.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah. Lots of things seem to fix themselves if I have some patience. Must be the Universe randomly testing.
The Following User Says Thank You to biminiblue For This Useful Post:
DriGuy (01-13-2019)