Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Husband/Wife getting off Oxycodone.. help withdrawal symptoms please!!

Notices

Husband/Wife getting off Oxycodone.. help withdrawal symptoms please!!

Old 10-06-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Husband/Wife getting off Oxycodone.. help withdrawal symptoms please!!

Hi all short intro here!

My husband and I are both currently trying to get off Oxycodone. We started to take it 5 months ago when our son was born. My husband got it for his back pain/troubles. For me I took it to combat the postpartum depression and to get through the day being totally exhausted, for him it was to get through the work day and its stresses. I was initally just taking 30 mg a day if that, my husband about 70 mg.

Well we decided to move cross country and thats when the dosages went up. For me I got up to 75 mg for my husband about 95 mg. This went on for 2 weeks. Just to get through the drive we took more. Now we are out and cant get more here and decided to just stop the nonsense. These pills were giving us a false sense and we hate them.

We are both withdrawaling now and my husband is worse then me. I think the worst of mine is over, all I had so far was the runs, tremors, RLS, and horrible insomnia/depression. Right now I am tired and depressed, its hard taking care of my son but Im doing it.

My husband has been throwing up and also having the runs as well as body pain/aches and insomnia. He is in so much pain and cant take it.

I am really scared for him. This is his first 24 hours and my first 36-48. Is there anything I can do to help him? I hate seeing him like this and my son luckily doesnt k now whats going on but I still hate him even seeing this. I dont want to go to the hospital because they will just want to pump him with more meds.

We are trying our best here and just want to get through this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you !!!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Your husband was prescribed pain meds by his doctor. Only another doctor is really qualified right now to dispense any sort of medical advice if your husband has decided to stop taking them.

Please consult a professional