Notices

24 hrs into COLD TURKEY

Old 01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good luck rentasunder and may God be with you.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Just thinking about you Rentasunder
Praying all is well for you..

I do hope you keep on posting..
You're getting there

Love,
Becky
Old 01-15-2006, 05:58 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Day by day....

I woke up this morning and found this thread. My story & feelings are so similar to rentasunder, angelgirl, tir3d, northbelle, veryscared - I can relate to all of you in some way. You inspire me that I can get through all this mental craving crap and the anxiety. I just got so very much out of reading through this thread this morning and I wanted to say thank you for being there.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I take just a little bit from all I read here in SR, but sometimes I can relate more to others so I hear you Beginagain. You can get through all the crap. So can I but I know that TIME will heal all wounds. So until then I will stay happy, focused, and positive for myself and my children. Sometimes just grateful to be alive is all we deserve.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has at least one small blessing in thier lives today.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey everyone....I FEEL GRRREAT! It has almost been 1 week w/o opiates and I feel alive, alert, energized, ...just awesome. It was tough, but I'm so glad I made it. I have mentally put this behind me, knowing that I must always be on guard for that dark side of me that lingers. I won't give into the dark side...I'm a Jedi! No really, the script for Wellbutrin has totally diminished ANY thoughts I had about Norco and it hasn't made me feel jittery or loopy. Having have done alot of white drugs in my past, some drugs that provide a small "lift" like Wellbutrin, tend to scare me a little. Now I'm not suggesting it to anyone 'cause I'm not a doctor....but it has been a perfect script for me. I hope all who are here at SR are doing fine....If not, find that inner strength inside yourselves to take control of your lives...you'll never regret it!
Old 01-15-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
T1
sparkly clean

Thats great news dude, you sound awesome! Can you tell me more about that stuff rent?? Is it something prescribed by a doctor? Does it have an immdiate effect or more long term?? Just curious because how well your doing.

Im clean as well but I seem to think about it all the time and wondered how this would me.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:06 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey T1R3D,

You will find out more about Wellbutrin in the Mental Health Forum..
It is an anti-depressant, yes, prescribed by a doctor.
It can have some side effects, such as the jitters, trouble sleeping, less appetite,
those kind of side effects, but not everyone has them, sometimes people do, but they go away after a short period of time, and some just can't handle them at all.. It all depends on each individual of course, and how your body handles the medication.

But either go down and look for titles with it in MH, or do a search for it in the search bar at the top of the opening page here on SR.. there should be quite a bit of info. here.Just please remember that everyone reacts differently to meds,, and that you really should talk to your doctor about it, maybe this is something that could help you.

Good luck!!
Love,
Becky
Old 01-16-2006, 08:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

HA HA...well my addict got going there for a minute!!! WELLBUTRIN??? FEEL GREAT , ENERGIZED...?? Yup was ready to call my doctor until I realized I had tried it and it make me personally NUTS!! I WANT TO FEEL BETTER WITH A PILL TOO !!!!!!! but unfortunately for me the antidepressants just keep me from slitting my wrists and that about as far as they work for this girl..BUT..I am glad they are working so well for you..just call me dope fiend jealous I guess!!! You are doing great and I am so gald you are free fromt he bondage of addiction...and I bet your wife loves you more than a little bit too!!!! northbelle
Old 01-16-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Tir3d....The Wellbutrin does give me ambition. It causes me to think of "getting things done". I only plan to use it for a limmited time because I personally feel that God designed the human body to need only the essential nourishment of food, water and other healthy drinks, and rest, as well as spiritual food. Therefore, I have an appointment to see my doc in 30 days to see how things are progressing. I also chose this over Effexor because I get wired like I ate a gram of Meth when my Seratonin levels get messed with....which Effexor and most other anti-depressants do. This drug (Wellbutrin) supposedly gives you a extended release of adrenalin which curbs the cravings of smokers.....the intended use for Wellbutrin as well as for depression. All I can say (as I'm not a doctor) is that it seems to be working great for me in that I hav'nt givin Norco a second thought in almost 4 days.....right when I started taking Wellbutrin. I have plans to start exercising, which will help my dopamine levels get back to normal quicker....and the fact that having high blood pressure at age 34 isn't appealing to me. I also am 30 lbs over weight. I failed to mention in an earlier thread that I have used Steroids off and on for nearly 13 years. I'm here to say that low self esteem caused me to use them...but they undoubtedly were the "gateway" drug to everything else I've done. It all stems back to my first love and wife who left me at age 19 with 6 hrs notice. She had been cheating on me and I hadn't a clue. We were living in Tennessee and she had her Dad pick her up and that was the last time I've ever seen her. Well....I was heart broken...and before the divorce was final on paper....I fell to temptation of another woman. I then felt as if I had commited adultry and therefore had lost my right to "remarry". I carried this guilt for 2 years...then turned to drugs to escape my reality. I just wanted a picture of her in the act to ease my conscience. Well...this world isn't perfect and I never got that. I have tried to contact her to see if she would confess to me the truth. The time we were separated I asked her if she had....knowing that she was moving on...and she replied "maybe I have, maybe I havn't". Wow......sorry for dumping all my personal baggage. Please dont feel the need to consol me because I have been married to a wonderful woman for almost 9 years now and have a beautiful little girl....so I have put it in Gods hands. I just realized that the divorce when I was merely still a child, has caused me most of my self-destruction. Stepping off soap box now! LOL..... I'm taking my dog out to quail hunt today and I feel great. I don't want to sound wierd....but I care alot for those here at SR. This place has been a great place to gain support, dump baggage, and move onto bigger and better things in life. May God bless you all!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Lance (?) guessing,,

Maybe I am wrong with the name,, LOL

I just wanted to say that,, I really enjoy your posts.. I enjoy your enthusiasm,
your strength, your love of the lord.. Your posts amaze me, and I am sure you will
do very well..

I do hope that you will continue to post,, and maybe respond to people that come
to SR, that are newcomers, or whatever, that are hurting, looking for someone to listen,, or looking for a word of wisdom.. We are all here to help eachother, and do in so many ways. We all inspire, in so many ways,.

I just wanted you to know that I do appreciate your posts, and i hope you keep them up. I also hope you share,, as I think you have much to give.. (maybe you already are?? I just haven't noticed?)..

Oh, and you can dump baggage as well,, that is what SR is for,, that is what we are about,, we give and TAKE,, we do have to take as well.. We need that, or we won't be any good at giving..

Thanks so much for being here..

Love,
Becky
Old 01-16-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Your name becomes you Angelgirl....and no...I'm not Lance! LOL. But i have been posting on a few other threads. Part of my new life is cutting down on my computer time and spending more time with my family. When I used Norco I would drink Pepsi and play Call of Duty online for hours. Now I have alloted about 1 hour per night to check e-mails, come here, and game a little. I appreciate your compliments but I'm far from being wise. Any wisedom that comes from myself is usually learned from older folks and the Bible. You take care! I'm going golfing now instead of hunting, so....gotta run! Chow!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
T1
sparkly clean

Originally Posted by rentasunder
When I used Norco I would drink Pepsi and play Call of Duty online for hours.

lolz... I would do the same except I play Unreal Tournament 2004. I've cut back on that as well for the same reasons