Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
FT

Hi BTS:

RLS was one of the things I was given antidepressants for a number of years ago. I could not tolerate any of the SSRI's and I can't tell you how many other things they tried.

One thing that did work for me was Elavil, but I had to stop taking it because I felt "hung" the next day. Ask your doctor what might work other than Percs, and if he/she is savvy, they will understand that they have inadvertently addicted you to Percs. Same thing as oxycodone, but with tylenol.

Most of us who have become addicted to oxys and gone through withdrawal will tell you that RLS is one of the worst withdrawal effects, so a doctalk is definitely in order.

It is so unfortunate that there are doctors out there willing to prescribe OPIATES for RLS. Have you EVER seen a medically supported website (i.e., Medline, Medscape, Mayo Clinic, etc.) list opiates as a treatment for that? Quite frankly, it may border on malpractice, especially at the doses this person has got you to.

Bottom line is, it isn't going to get better on the Percs, only worse. The withdrawal will only get worse the longer you do this. You may not even realize WHEN the Percs started making you feel "good," but they almost certainly did give you a feeling of "well being" when you started using them. But they, as you see, don't work any more after awhile, even on higher doses.

Your current RLS may actually be being CAUSED by the opiates. That was the case with my arthritic pain after to big time orthopedic surgeries. Having said that, it will likely get worse off the Percs.

I would implore you, NOW, get OFF those Percs, and do it with your doc's knowledge. If they don't want you to stop taking them, I would find another doc fast. RLS is just that -- a syndrome. No one really knows what causes it, but in opiate toxicity it is caused by a disruption in the way the central nervous system is supposed to work.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Question oxy & dilaudid trying to kick with suboxone

Ive been taking hydro codone 10/650 with soma for the past 4 1/2 yrs, a yr ago oxy 20mg was added. 4 of each a day for almost 5 yrs. now I've gone to dilaudid 8mg X 6 a day! withdrawls are a bitch. I manage to go about 3-4 days and then I cant take it anymore! tried to taper off them after 4 days i try to take a minamal dose without luck! just to ease the suffering. I have been coming to this page for like a month now, just to see what others are doing. I have found that I have access to 8mg suboxone, I have not taken any oxy,hydro,dilaudid,or somas for 4 days now, but have taken the suboxone and dont feel so bad, I break them into about 6 pc's, and only take a 1/6 chip a day! and seem to be getting by without the ill effects of the withdrawls. actually i have been doing this off & on for the last 2-3 months. But and up relapsing when I actually need the pain medication, as I have had multiple surgeries on my shoulder. But Im wondering if I can string a bunch of days together just with the suboxone, how would it be to come off the suboxone?
I have went thru recovery before yrs ago with a different addiction(cocaine). Im looking forward to coming off the pain meds and learning to live life on life's terms again. anyone every use suboxone short term and kick ? most that I have talked too have been on for a very long time. So im hoping to use this just to get thru the withdrawls and kick !!! Looking for input !!!
Thanks for any tips and suggestions!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

i wish everyone would stop putting themselves through soo much pain of withdrawals when its easy to get past the physical part as i just found out myself almost 20 days ago.. check it out... My very short term suboxone detox.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
FT

I don't have any subox experience at all, and this does sound like a medical question that no one will be able to answer for you on this forum. If they do, they are out of line, and you may be getting advice that is not safe for you.

If you have been getting the Dilaudid legally, get to your doc and discuss what to do before you are feeling so sick you relapse again.

There is a subox forum on this website; I wonder if some of those guys can at least help with withdrawal experience symptoms.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Question Pain medication

Im new to this and just happened upon this website. I just took my last 4 hydros. and my brain is already asking where am i going to get more. i have been in and out of recovery for about 7 years. i was taking ultram and they said it was not addictive and now i am right back to wanting either those pills or any kind of nar pain med!!!i love this feeling!! I hate this feeling!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
FT

Welcome JCCROUSE 21:

I at 3 months clean off oxys. Check out the "I'm going cold turkey...." thread. I got most of my help on that thread, and there's a lot of good posts there from lots of cool people, same boat as you.

Hey, FOK the OX! (also, ETOH, hydro, etc.)

And I mean that in the nicest way....

FT
Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

gettin happy

well its been a week now, no more withdrawls symptoms so far, short term suboxone worked great!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
FT

Congrats on that. You might want to share your success on the subox forum, too. There are some guys on there having trouble getting off the subox, their new demon, that might appreciate your experience. Check it out if you haven't already.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rb3b3 View Post
i wish everyone would stop putting themselves through soo much pain of withdrawals when its easy to get past the physical part as i just found out myself almost 20 days ago.. check it out... My very short term suboxone detox.
I agree with the short suboxone detox. Def takes away the initial agonist withdrawls. Although you still have the mental stuff to deal with, at least you can get through the worst!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:47 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

i'm new to this and its my first posting on here. going on 33hrs clean off of perk30s/8-10@300mg per day. Sometimes more! i have wasted some much money and my families time with this crap. I own a small business and all it seemed i worked for was those happy little blue pills that everyone seemed to have. i first started taking them for the numbness it gave me to work all day and all night. before i knew it, i was waking up at midnight going through withdrawls after taking one or two at 9pm. I knew then i had to stop.... but i couldn't. my job wouldn't let me. i did cold turkey last year when i quit i was taking 3 a day, with xanax and by the 5th day i was able to kick it. that was last year.... i've been trying to quit since last fall and i'm here to say that this is the final straw that iam determined to quit and put all behind me. i'm going on 30+hrs clean with after a 2day short suboxone detox(highly recommended). My buddy was on suboxone for 3 months and his withdrawls lasted 2.5weeks! F.... that. i'll keep you posted
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

You have come to the right place - welcome!
A lot of us had some form of opiate as our DOC and know what you are going through trying to quit. Right now take it one hour at a time, then you will go to one day at a time. It really helps in recovery to find that many others have experienced the same cravings, the same challenges, the same triggers to use, same or similar w/d issues, etc. We have all let the drug become our life and our lives revolved around our using.
I have been on the "quitting" rollercoaster for many years. Stayed clean for about 9 months some years ago, but before this time quitting, almost 90 days ago now, never really committed to recovery. Finding SR has really helped me and I hope it helps you. Keep in touch - we are all rooting for you!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Unhappy

I'm so scared I've been on these oxycodone30mg for 2yrs now n I need help they are killing me but I have ms so I'm in pain all day everyday and they seem to help to be able to function but I am on day one with out them n I feel as if I'm dyin what can I do to help I have two kids so I need to be abl to be function able forthem any suggestions
Old 03-23-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bman123 View Post
im now on the first day of withdraw from the pill oxycodone and i wanted to ask some questions what would help me get through it.I am taking xanex for the anxiety that goes along with the withdrawal and wanted to know if its an good idea?Also taking valium 10mg for the insomnia issues that go along with the withdrawl. please help i have already tried to go through it once before but it seems as if the withdrawl never stops! please post back your ideas if this is a good idea or should i try to quit cold turkey again?
Hey man, I've just started my recovery process for the second time, first off...it is rough, there is no way around that. I personally am doing it cold turkey because the thought of using other addictive pills to get off off oxy is just stupid to me. The first time I quit, I worked my way down to 80mg a day by slowly doing less and less each day and then I started cutting the dosage in half...80mg then 40mg then 20mg ect ect til there was little to nothing of the pill left. I still felt extremely sick throughout the withdrawal process but just taking that little piece of the pill each day helped me with the psychological torment that comes along with it. I relapsed during winter break on a snowboarding trip and havnt been clean again. I am now on my second day of withdrawals and just quitting cold turkey....all I can say is get lots of rest, try to keep your self busy...DELETE NUMBERS OF ANY CONTACTS WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET YOU PILLS!!! (or atleast give them to a friend and then delete them so you dont have the urge to call), drink lots of water and play the waiting game, you should feel good as new in about a week! Good luck, its crazy how such a little beautiful pill can bring so much suffering and pain.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rb3b3 View Post
Looked into it... Last thing I need, personally, is an excuse to keep taking meds.

Nope! I'm beating the crap out of day w/e it is...keeping tabs makes it worse. Whatever day it is from last Monday (last week).
Old 04-26-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

withdrawals

Hey Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories. I was so worried from the start of taking oxycontin that it could be ugly at the end. It is true, even though I weaned myself slowly I am still a bit out of whack to put it lightly. I know it was a necessary evil after surgery but I cant wait to be over it.
You just have to take what life throws at ya...
Enjoy the sunset ! A new day is coming!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sunset snip.JPG (58.2 KB, 106 views)
Old 04-26-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
FT

Rotagilla:

What a gorgeous picture. You are so welcome, and I hope you share some of your story with us here.

Check out some of the other threads and join any of them you feel like hopping onto. Some are more active than others.

FT
Old 05-20-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
all

hey, this is the first time i finally registered and am finally gonna post my experiences. i have been watching this chat line for a long time it feels, since at least then end of july in 2010. i was super hooked on the oxy and was gettin them real cheap so i was doin a lot more than i had started out doin. i know there are people that did alot more but i was definately railin through 3-4 80's a day. i had left home (20 years old just about 21 in august) and was workin in calgary. **** hit the fan there, i could hardly get myself up in the morning just TO DO a rail. like omg. wtf happened to my life. every and anything that made me in the least bit emotional was given a nice oxycontin bandaid, even though i full well knew that it would be pain beyond belief takin it off. so there i was, sweated to my bed in calgary my family miles away in bc, im supposed to be at work and im living in a bedroom i rented off of a very recently made friend. (she had a baby and yah that was great..) i called my dad. i sobbed and broke as realization finally set in. he flew down that afternoon rented a car and came to me so i left my sweat soaked bed and all my belongings in that room and drove back home (in MY 350z 2008 ye ye for all the car lovers) k so this is where the advice section kicks in...

The struggle of figuring out what the hell am i going to do...
option 1: taper down to a bearable does and then go c/t (remember it still costs $$$) and thats a big factor. (by the time your quitting your bank account doesnt look so hot does it... am i right?? lol)
option 2: methadone... i dont know much on this except for what i have heard and seen, but i am positive if this is your choice you must accept a very long commitment with it... and that may be until death do you part, but hey everyones different. talk with the doc.
option 3: suboxone... i chose this my first go round, the deal is you go c/t for two days then you get put on subs, some stay on long some dont. i didnt. i went from around 12mg to 1mg every two days in a period of 3 months. ******** K so you probably want to hear about the withdrawals, they ***king sucked, like i mean get a permanent sweat-stained groove in your bed/couch sucked for one whole month. dude, nothing helped.

P.S. i have a twin sister that lives with me here at my rents house and she's all la ti da, lets go out, super energy, drinking, partying, obnoxiously oblivious as to why i always felt like crap (even though she knew everything).. god... that was horrible.

So i started using again. I was clean for one whole month it seemed, and then a little guess, cause the addiction didnt really grab me until after christmas, but again, it did. and i always remember thinking, well i just wont do it tomorrow, or whatever bs i could come up with to placate myself into not feeling the plunge i was taking into what i had so recently almost escaped. So now i was faced with another decision, i need to get clean again, the money's gone, how am i gonna do this?

It took me a whole night straight of thinking and i took my last pill at five in the morning and told my parents my plan (you always have to be honest with your fam, TRUST ME they want to help you...I HOPE!) we went to the doc told him what was up and got some zopiclone for sleep, and diazepam for freak outs. i knew what i was in for but i felt this time i was ready for battle :P. I drank sh**loads of water and pee'd every 10 minutes (sorry tmi) i forced myself to eat and take vitamins. day one was fine, day two sucked but i was prepared for that, but what i wasnt prepared for was day three. i felt fricken amazing! yes i was still gettin chills and a little bit of leg cramps, but i was smiling and riding my bike to a friends house and going to the beach. i rubbed a535 on my legs to try to calm my muscles and it worked fairly well. main thing i think here is eat well, drink tons of water (cause you gotta sweat and pee the poison out, it also cures the cramps) and have something to look forward to. this is day four right now and yeah i have been having a rough time sleeping. i read on this blog someone said "make sure you sleep in your own bed, ALONE!" hahaha i couldnt agree more, the RLS is ridiculous, i think im gonna go see if they got anything for that at a pharmacy. btw what im looking forward to is goin camping with a bunch of friends this may long ... SORRY to anyone but SCREW the rapture, dont be so ridiculous! its gonna be one good booze fest in the bush like any normal 21 year old lassie deserves. another thing to look forward to? the summer, and life in general

good luck to all you soldiers fightin your battles. im still fighting mine but i know who's gonna win.

PPS : another rreeaaalllyyyy good way if you feel like you cant possibly fathom going cold turkey or spending months withdrawing off of methadone or subs, go check out rehabs!! super good choice, they will hook you up with the meds you need to curb your w/d like give you a perc to sleep or if it just gets to back and val for panic attacks and so on, they also will help massage your poor limbs when they are knotted up and they are there to make everything as comfortable as possible for you, but in saying that dont expect to be too comfortable remember, you need to fill this pain. the only drawback of rehabs is $$$ i think they are quite the pretty penny if you catch my drift.

ppps when i went cold turkey the other day i had weened myself down to 80mgs a day
Old 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

BUCKLE DOWN and QUIT!!! Oh, and hit the GYM! You know you have some flab! Focus on that instead of getting high! I say, because ive been there, done that! No more mental weakness! DO or DO NOT!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
FT

So, you turned 21 in August. You should be just finished, or about to finish, your Bachelor's degree, right? What did you say your major is?

Hey, you got good parents who care enough to drive across the world to rescue you. If you haven't graduated yet, you've got the rest of the summer to play before your college classes start up again in the Fall.

If you aren't in school, get your butt off this crap and get your life straight before you no longer have parents around to rescue you. I'm saying this with all care and concern, as a mom who has been there.

If you really want addiction recovery advice, read all through this thread and some of the others here that talk about oxycodone withdrawal. This is not where you want to be at this stage in your life. Believe me, young and cute will be finished soon, and ten years from now you will be wondering what went wrong. It isn't too late for you.

FT
Old 05-31-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Hey everyone just like to share my story. Me and someone very close to me good hooked on oxy's. Got to the point where i was doing about 90mg a day and this went on for about 8 months. I know compared to some people that is nothing. During these 8 months i quit cold turkey about 4 times. Went thru SERIOUS withdraws for the first 3 days quitting. Than about a week after being clean i would have the craving to get high and i would relapse. but about 2 weeks ago something came over me, im not sure what it was but i was so dissapointed, so sad, so mad at myself, felt like i was letting all my loved ones down. That i decided to quit for good. I got a few subs and only did about 1/4 every 12 hours just to keep the physical w/d symptoms away.

I took the subs for about 3-4 days which were honestly fine for me, but then once i stoped taking them i still went thru some minor w/d. These w/d from the subs were not as bad as just stoping the oxy's. Basically i just felt VERY VERY weak. felt like i was going to fall when standing and just wanted to sit down. but did my best to keep my mind off things and drank alot of water.

So about 5 days after stopping the oxy's the withdraws were finally stopping. I kept telling myself i am never ever going to put myself through those w/d again and it really helped. Keeping yourself busy, and away from things that make you think about your addiction is what helps the most.

The countless times i have went through w/d were hell for me. I was stopping cold turkey while going to school full time, and working 40+ hours a week. Its now summer time and i just wanted my life back. I was to go to the beach and not working about those blue little round things. I want to enjoy time with my family again. I am finally feeling GREAT. still a lil tired which i think are from the suboxine still being in my system but i am feeling great and couldnt be happier.

Now this person very close to me is on their first day of w/d. They are having a very hard time with it. but i keep telling them that i am here for them. I read the first 5 pages of this thread and told them everything i have read. Water, ibuprofine, rest, keeping your mind busy and staying way from any other drugs. I which i looked for a forum while going through my w/d. The support and courage some people give is just amazing and really helps. Its even making me feel even better about myself.

Now to help a suffering person, please pray for them. I know i am and i am praying for every person out there struggling with an addiction.

Much love to everyone