SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   NO Idea Where to Put This.. "Personal" Problem.. HELP!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/68966-no-idea-where-put-personal-problem-help.html)

Closure 08-28-2005 10:40 PM

NO Idea Where to Put This.. "Personal" Problem.. HELP!!

I had no idea where I should put this.. It's kind of embarrassing having to ask strangers, but I don't know what to and don't have anyone else to ask. :15: I'm on day 14 of Suboxone treatment and I can't go to the bathroom (#2). I'm taking Zelnorm at bedtime and it's not working... It's starting to make me ill as I haven't gone since the 1st day! :02: I have fiber laxatives but wasn't sure if it was ok to take them with the Zelnorm... Any suggestions? (perhaps the name of a laxative that'll work better) : sigh :

08-29-2005 01:50 AM

I know how u feel, I went 11 WEEKS without going. It was so painful, I finally ate a whole bar of laxatives, which worked. It was the longest that I haven't gone in my life...good luck!

shestruggles 08-29-2005 08:25 AM

Coffee works best for me. For some reason, I don't find the constipation as bad with the sub- the oxys would keep me all bound up for weeks - horrible. I tried - glycerin suppositories (gross - but they worked). But that's ont a temporary solution.
If you're gonna be on the subfor a while, you need to find swomethinh that works for you - even just increasing your fiber intake can help...

free2see 08-29-2005 08:44 AM

I'd try a natural approach first- Metamuesal (sp?) Fiber, Enima (one mineral, one water), Epsom salt.

If that doesnt work try over the counter stuff- Immodium etc.

Good luck

singout 08-29-2005 09:13 AM

go for a long walk and drink a LOT of water, in addition to whatever other remedy you try...

angelgirl 08-29-2005 09:45 AM

Yes, I have the same exact problem...
I posted about it some time ago. I have suffered constipation for a long time, and using opiates really made the problem bad, real bad, but then I started the sub. program, and WOW!! I can't believe I am actually having MORE problems that I did abusing the pain killers, and I didn't think that was possible. I use enemas, (sorry people, but it's part of life) and suppositories, when nothing else works..
It's a terrible side effect... But one I will live with until I am off the program completely..
Love, Becky

Closure 08-29-2005 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by angelgirl
I have suffered constipation for a long time, and using opiates really made the problem bad, real bad, but then I started the sub. program, and WOW!! I can't believe I am actually having MORE problems that I did abusing the pain killers, and I didn't think that was possible.

It's so ironic you say that... Yesterday I thought to myself, "I'm in worse shape on the Sub than I was on pills, what's the point?!" Once that crossed my mind my day was ruined because I was so pissed off at myself for thinking that. Other than sleeping like the dead (12+ hours a night!) and being stopped up, I feel good... I think for today I'm going to stop the Zelnorm and just take the fiber... See what happens.

Thanks for the input everyone! :wave:

Evanna 08-29-2005 12:29 PM

Maybe consider talking to your doctor about reducing the amount of Sub a little. From what you say about the amount you are sleeping and the constipation it sounds as though your doseage may be a little high for you. Glad you are feeling good. :)

odie123 08-29-2005 01:16 PM

tv

oprah is doing a show on this maybe it can give yu some natural tips