Notices

Withdrawals - How long do they last???

Old 09-07-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
help123

If I were u, I would keep myself very busy, instead of laying around watching the time. I would do that and it was hell! I didnt have this place either. I finally started making plans doing things and I didnt want to go cuz I didnt feel good but felt better after going. I like coming on here when people post to me, it makes me feel like wow they do care. Have a good night and keep posting, k.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So far so OK. Day 6 progressing. Took advice and kept some appts. Busy is better than thinking about feeling crappy. Overall not bad, head fairly clear, stomach little upset but managing. Thanks for all the support.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Strider

Wink Same Schedule but Less Intense

I must have started about the same time that you did.. in March.. 5 days ago. I haven't slept but 1 to 2 hrs at a stretch and my mind is a cotton ball, except it is anxious and scared.

I'm older then you, 59, so I already have a bunch of natural pains and ailments. I started taking Oxy and kept building up to the point that I had to cut it off or I would end up getting in real trouble. And then I found out that I'm already in real trouble with a real addiction and now very real and painful withdrawal.

All I can say is that if you keep posting to this site, then we can hold e-hands together. I need help too. I took a little small dose of Oxy today. It helped sooo much, but now I'm feeling the WD's that I thought were getting better. Chills, stomach pain, legs won't quit moving in bed, everything wants to move and not let me sleep. Oh please let me sleep.

Later
:praying
Old 03-16-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope your w/d's are diminishing soon. About the restless legs, try to take a hot shower and run the water on your legs only. Sounds weird, but it works sometimes. Then try to go to bed immediately after the shower so your legs are still relaxed from the shower.

It helped me most of the time.

Good luck to you!
Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Although I'm sure that there's a lot that can be useful in this thread, it is helpful to note that it's 2 1/2 years old. Hopefully, Laurie made it through her detox and is doing fine today.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 03-17-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for pointing that out Sugah!! I was just going along with the flow haha!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Laurie 4 View Post
The Doc said the Ritalin is a stimilant to combat the groggy feeling caused by the other meds. But, I don't like it, it gives me a headach. But I have noticed that the Trazadone helps me sleep all night. Apparently, it isn't addictive and is often used by addicts to help get over their sleeplessness.
I personally would skip the ritalin. It can agitate the crap out of you as an adult, as its mostly effective on the metabolism of youths, and if you need sleep then you need it. Don't need anything to combat that.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Strider

Tried & True

I know this thread is an oldie but it sure is a golden one to us new at WD. All of the posts have helped me both in withdrawal and also to realize how bad addiction can become.

As I said earlier, I went back for a little taste of freedom and that set me back on WD. It's amazing how even one little oxy pill at 20mg can set back your progress. The more I read these posts, the more I understand that at some point you just have to bite the bullet and rip it out... pain and all.

So now is day 2 of perfectly clean and at least I can type a message. That's progress. The hot baths and other suggestions really help. I've emptied the water tank at least three times today but it feels sooo good and relaxing.

Thanks for all the advice and keeping this thread alive for us newbys. Darkarmyofone, I hope that you are still logging into this network of friends. Remember that we were going to go through this together, so let's hear about your progress; or lack thereof. Either way, we love ya and want to help.

I think this animated icon is the way my skin feels - cold & crawling until I jump into a hot bath. Hmmm.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Pain in legs!!!!

Hi I am new I have not taken a pain pill in 6 days. Doing this completely on my own. Just moved to MS and don't have insurance so can't go to the dr. I can handle just about all the wd but the pain in my knees and legs when will that stop. The only thing that seems to help is sitting in a hot bath. Well needless to say I am now the cleanest person in MS when dose the pain go away?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey lulu, welcome to SR. I went through the same thing getting off roxys. Everyone is different but in my case it took 3 weeks, unfortunately. But every time you have pain it it is the toxins leaving your body. Towards the last week it wasn't as bad, and the following days I felt better.. When I looked at that way I almost welcomed the pain, I took ubuprophin which someone here suggested to me and yes warm baths.

Good luck to. Keep reading and posting, you will get great feed back here.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank u so much my mind is playing tricks on me today I keep thinking well if my legs and back are in so much pain maybe I need the pills. I am not haveing any other wd except no energy. Urrg this is hell.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

thats excellent news...congratulations Just keep your head up b/c assuming you don't relapse things will only get easier with each passing day. Many recovering addicts make the mistake of convincing themselves that taking a pill or two or doing a little bit of dope after being clean for a period is justifiable. Not only does this completely reintroduce the drug addict mindset, but even taking, for example one perc/oxy/whatever after weeks of soberness can be enough to restart withdrawal symptoms all over again. Waking up early, eating well and regularly, getting out and about during the day, and getting a good nights sleep should help with the fatigue/apathy.

good luck!!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ok one more day down!!! I do think I feel better tonight. I am craving that warm happy feeling!!!!! My husband was put in hospital last week do to a staff infection and was sent home with perc. I told him he was going to have to lock them up in our safe and told him to hid the key someware. He is not an addict. He has been great with this but just knowing they are in te house is enough to drive me
Nuts!!!! Thank u all for the posts. They really do help! I don't feel so alone.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

help

i tried to stop taking pain pills about 2 months ago i only made it 2 weeks i have a job an the thing that scares me is being so tired an lazy an not being able to sleep how long will that last? an any suggestions?