Notices

Whatda jacka$$

Old 05-01-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whatda jacka$$

Urg. Some folks are real morons...

Last night, I was having a super time, hubby just got in from work, making dinner together, making plans for our after dinner walk.

A knock at the door.

In rolls some jacka$$ that me and hubs used to know from the bar across the street. He walks into the kitchen and announces - I brought you guys a treat - no hello, whats up, how have you been - and proceeds to bust out some coke and start chopping lines. I froze. Coke was never my DOC, but I could never say no when it was placed in fromt of me. I didn't know what to do, so I excused myself and went into the bedroom.

I could hear hubs saying, nah, no thanks, etc. Jerkboy, kept insisting - what, is because SHE"S here? Come on, one bump! saturday night!

I'm in the room, my mind racing, thinking about how one bump, one little bump would RUIN our night (I think pretty short term these days), how we'd feel like crap, not eat our beautiful dinner, ramble on aimlessly and then jones for more. It was right there. All I had to do was walk out of the bedroom and oblie this jerk who really wanted to 'party'.

God love my husband. He said : "(name) we are a drug free household. I don't use and niether does my wife. I don't care if she is here or not, I am not inerested in your dope. And, to be perfectly honest, I am not comfortable having it in the house. Please put it away now, or I will have to ask you to leave."

And guess what? sh!thead did leave.

I was so proud of my sweet boy for handling everything so well. Better than my chicken a$$ who just ran off to the bedroom, leaving him there to stare a pile of blow on our kitchen table. I thank god every day for sending me such a strong, wonderful man who will help me take care, when I am too weak to take care of myself. I never would have done the dope, I just didn't know how to get him out of there, without freaing out.

Hubs did it. I love him so much.

So we hadour dinner, went for our walk, and talked about how it madeus feel to have that unwelcome instrusion in our night - how both our hearts were racing, how we were scared and mostly,-how happy we were to feel clean & how sorry we felt for the moron, who stmubled back into the night, back to the bar, him and his baggie..

Just thought I'd share a piece of my Saturday night.

Much Love: SS
Old 05-01-2005, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Wow!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you got yourself a good man there SS. What a headfcuk though!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Flippin' Brilliant!!!!!!

You go Girl!!!!!!

Mo x
Old 05-01-2005, 11:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

GOOD FOR YOU, SS and GOD BLESS that man of yours!!

You too, ByHisBlood! That took alot of courage!!!

Jane
Old 05-03-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

WOWEE what a beautiful story, I love hte way you then spoke about how it had made you feel - you both did what you coudl...and came out winners in the end! AWESOME!
Cathy31
x
Old 05-04-2005, 11:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

What A Good Story Thanks So Much For Sharing It.

Lord Lead Us Not Into Temptaion
Old 05-05-2005, 12:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, great story!!! You're not a chicken. You did what felt right for you at the time. There was many times I had to remove myself from situations. You do what you have to do to stay clean. That's what it's all about.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Awesome. Your hubbie is a living DOLL!! I'm so glad you had a good evening!!
Old 05-07-2005, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Proud of you!

Im really proud of YOU AND YOUR HUBBY!! You were not a chicken for leaving the room. You left cuz you didnt want to deal with those drugs and you hubby did it for you. Sounds like you two are a GREAT TEAM. Congrats to you girl. I am SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!
MUCH LOVE,
JESSICA
Old 05-07-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

WOW!! Good for you, it doesnt even matter if you left the room if thats what you need to do to stay clean then you did the right thing, I dont think that you were being chicken at all. What a great man you have too to put it out there like that, that it was a drug free household..that man was an a$$hole and well those are the kind of friends that you dont call your friends, lol
CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!
Old 05-07-2005, 04:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

HA HA to the a**hole.....You did what you HAD to do....so you froze....you did NOT use. That is the main thing. I am so happy that your husband is a strong person....I had to tell a "friend" to leave my house because she was going to hit up some Diladudid...my DOC.....EEEKS. I sat there for a few and then got MAD. I thought "HOW DARE YOU bring that crap into MY house after all the things I have done to get and stay clean....I think my anger feuled (sp) me going off on her...she has not come back.....YEAH....I will say it again...there is a word....."frienamies"......friends that you use to use with that cannot GET IT once you don't want to Party anymore. I am SOOOOO Proud of BOTH of you and glad that you did not let it ruin your evening.......Kahlia
Old 05-07-2005, 05:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your cool messages of support.

It feels good to do the 'right' thing, and makes you think - hey, I CAN do this. Mind you, I scrubbed the table where he had dumped his crap like 1000 times that night. (Sobriety brings out a little of my OC tendancies!)

It's been one week tonight and I am happy to say me and hubs are spending another Saturday night, making dinner (I am learning to cook - find I've got more spare time, not to mention brain space, now that I'm not using) and staying in. Every once in a while I glace out the window at the bar, and really truely feel glad I'm not there!

Hope all have a safe and happy week-end!

All my love: SS
Old 05-08-2005, 08:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by shestruggles
Thanks for all your cool messages of support.

It feels good to do the 'right' thing, and makes you think - hey, I CAN do this. Mind you, I scrubbed the table where he had dumped his crap like 1000 times that night. (Sobriety brings out a little of my OC tendancies!)

It's been one week tonight and I am happy to say me and hubs are spending another Saturday night, making dinner (I am learning to cook - find I've got more spare time, not to mention brain space, now that I'm not using) and staying in. Every once in a while I glace out the window at the bar, and really truely feel glad I'm not there!

Hope all have a safe and happy week-end!

All my love: SS
VERY, VERY, COOL........Kahlia