Notices

Accidentally overdosed

Old 09-27-2022, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Accidentally overdosed

I (23f) accidentally overdosed on fentanyl a few weeks ago. I thought it was a regular pain pill but wasn’t. My boyfriend found me totally unresponsive, didn’t know if I was breathing. He called 911 I was admitted to the hospital and was luckily fine. I don’t believe I am an addict but was definitely struggling with opiates for a couple of months before it happened. This was obviously traumatic for everyone. I have been beyond depressed and feel super guilty. Feel like I have really messed up my relationships, especially with bf. Has anyone gone through something similar? Any advice would be appreciated
Old 09-27-2022, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome ktf3

I have no experience with fentanyl but I can definitely identify with a post crisis guilt depression and shame.

I found the only way to get past that was to change my life. I had to embrace a lifestyle than empowered me rather than diminishing me.

I knew I could do better, and when I did I felt better about myself, and the mistakes I’d made.

How did you get started on the pain pills ktf3?

D
Old 09-27-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ktf3 View Post
I (23f) accidentally overdosed on fentanyl a few weeks ago. I thought it was a regular pain pill but wasn’t. My boyfriend found me totally unresponsive, didn’t know if I was breathing. He called 911 I was admitted to the hospital and was luckily fine. I don’t believe I am an addict but was definitely struggling with opiates for a couple of months before it happened. This was obviously traumatic for everyone. I have been beyond depressed and feel super guilty. Feel like I have really messed up my relationships, especially with bf. Has anyone gone through something similar? Any advice would be appreciated
Taking pain medication from unknown sources and OD. I'm not a expert but alot of experience but it sounds like a major problem. Not here to bash you I was in prescription medication for many years . I would also pick up from unknown to get me through withdrawals till my next refill. If you been experimenting for the last months and been increasing overtime then addiction sounds right. Opiates brought me to SR I'm 866 days clean of opiates and my body and mind are still adjusting. Hope this helps take care
Old 10-02-2022, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to SR ktf3

When you are ready to change SR can help you build a better life without drugs.