Notices

Should I warn re: a toxic living situation?

Old 03-07-2020, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Should I warn re: a toxic living situation?

Hi guys! Should I warn someone who is newly sober, who I don't know, about a toxic living situation? A former alcholic/addict friend offered to rent me a room in her condo a couple months. This former friend lied about being sober. A mutual friend of our's was also duped. A handful of us ladies from our home group are helping her move out this weekend.

So, I have come to find out that another newly sober woman is already lined up to replace our friend. This living situation is bad. I don't even recognize the condo. I've learned that my former friend regularly lets her drug dealer "crash" at the condo. There are unmarked bottles and random pills in drawers.

I have a couple of questions, guys. My former friend has been "shopping" around meetings for roommates. Should I approach the meeting chairs or committees and warn them about her? Also, should I warn this newly sober woman?

I'm upset and torn. The last thing I want is for someone who has served time, completed probation, been in sober living...to be set up for failure. Any advice?
Old 03-07-2020, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi!

I think if it was myself who had been offered a place to stay I would be grateful of a warning regarding the current goings on in the house...

Im not 100% sure on what to advise in regards to the committee but I think if multiple people have genuine concern then maybe it is worth airing those for the safety of others and any future people they may try to find within the meetings.

Again I don't know the whole story or anything so that's all I can say. Hopefully it helps even a little!

Take care
Old 03-07-2020, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

why wouldn't you warn them?

D
Old 03-08-2020, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As a friend of mine that I worked with used to always say: "why wouldn't you?"