Notices

Fighting thru day 3. Cold turkey

Old 03-14-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fighting thru day 3. Cold turkey

Here I am again pushing thru day 3. Came back to work today, stopped myself once already from cashing my check to go get high. I know I should be better if I can just make it thru the day tpday. By tonight day 4 will have begun and I hope to sleep okay.
If I work the morning shift on Saturday I am going to a meeting. I think either way I really need to give it a go. And I need to get back to surfing, was a bad stretch without waves and poor weather during my last run. Lacking energy and motivation but better today bit by bit
Old 03-14-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Surf

you know how they say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?...

Do something different this time, man - not just talk about but follow through and keep it up - you'll be glad you did.

D
Old 03-14-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah dee. It's time I put on my big boy pants and got my ass to a meeting. But hey at least I'm not giving up. Like your story you just stayed at it til something stuck, u didn't do meetings... so what worked for you that was different
Old 03-14-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

But ya know what forget insanity. I am trying and gonna keep trying til I get it right. I got here to post and pocket recovery. Yeah gonna likely do the whole 12 step thing. Although I am not spiritual anymore. Spent years exhausting that and the rabbit hole begins and ends with you.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like your story you just stayed at it til something stuck, u didn't do meetings... so what worked for you that was different
well my life was about drinking., so I had to change everything - I changed the people I hung out with, the places I hung out in., the way I had fun, the way I solved problems....

Coming here to SR showed me that people could be clean and sober and sill happy.

I got really involved in the community here.

It made a difference when I was tempted cos, apart from not wanting to go back to thatold drinking BS, I didn't want to let anyone here down either.

D
Old 03-15-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'll stay posting here as it comes, I wish it was a more active community. Pocket rehab app is also where I am postong. Multiple times a day. Good support and inspiration, like what I find here. Anyway's I also know I need to make sobriety priority 1, so like for today I am off to a meeting right now, otherwise I'd be surfing, and that's big for me