Notices

Hit a Wall in my Recovery

Old 03-07-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hit a Wall in my Recovery

I just got done with rehab and now I am in sober living. I am bored out of my freaking mind. I am looking for work. I do not have any money to spend because I owe everyone and their mom money. I am about 10k in the hole. I am going to my meetings daily and reading my books but I feel like I am not doing enough or something. I feel bad all of the time. I am so bored that I am scared that I am going to relapse even though I do not want to. What else should I be doing or do I need to chill out for a minute and take a day off or something? I am tired all of the time.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about volunteer work Robert?

Its a good way to fill in time, it helps others, makes you feel good, and can look good on a CV too

D
Old 03-07-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do volunteer work here. The problem is that I do not have a vehicle. I do not have a bus pass yet either. I am working on it. I basically left my hometown to stay here for the rest of my life because I can't go back home because I will relapse for sure. I just know too many dope people.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Robert

never say never. Its good move to stay away from temptation in early recovery - I moved away too - but I moved back to the town where I got drunk in at about 7 years sober - that was 5 years ago and my recovery is as strong as ever, even being around some of those guys I used to get drunk and high with (I'm a musician - comes with the job).

My point is you won't always need to fear relapse

It took me a while tho to build a sober life I love, too.

I was deep in the hole financially and that took me about a year to sort out, But I did.

Made some sober friends too and played some sober gigs - the first of my life

Things get better man

D