Notices

Turns gay on cocaine?

Old 07-30-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Turns gay on cocaine?

Long story, but in short, I met a guy couple of years ago. Says he is straight, but every time he took cocaine he would want to be intimate with me, this happened many times. Told me he fell for my personality. He has just been to rehab, gotten out last week and told me the sex etc was purely drug related. Has anyone else experience of this? Can someone be just gay on drugs but not when sober?
Old 07-30-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there Glenjo99,

From my experience stimulants can make some 'straight' men more likely to desire other men. I’m not sure whether this is the drugs making someone more confident to be true to themselves or whether it's just the stimulant making someone horny and up for doing things they may not like or do without drugs.

So, I guess coke and other stimulants can make some men ‘gay’, in a way.

Hope that makes some sense!

J
Old 07-30-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BP2 View Post
Hi there Glenjo99,

From my experience stimulants can make some 'straight' men more likely to desire other men. I’m not sure whether this is the drugs making someone more confident to be true to themselves or whether it's just the stimulant making someone horny and up for things they may not like or do without drugs.

So, I guess coke and other stimulants can make some men ‘gay’, in a way.

Hope that makes some sense!

J
Hi

Thanks yes that does make sense. I may have fallen for someone like this.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, it's a difficult one. If there was some closeness and affection outside of the sex and drugs then it could have been more than just the drugs. Sadly some people just aren't comfortable with who or what they are, there can be many reasons for this.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I've known people that don't identify as gay but have fallen in love and had sexual relationships with a specific PERSON. I almost married a woman at one point even though I'm pretty much a gay identified man (I called myself bisexual when younger). We didn't for reasons OTHER than sex, which was amazing. The relationship itself had an addictive quality in general, not just the sex. I have never bantered nor laughed with ANYONE like I did with her, before or since. And we did drink a fair amount at times.

Being gay isn't a simple yes/no on/off switch.

I agree with the post above that some people (usually men) will have sex with men on stimulants but not generally at any other time....have heard this happening a lot with guys on meth (could also be that meth is so entwined in the gay community in Southern California).

As I said when you asked the same question in the LGBT forum...it's a complicated question without a simple answer. Sexuality itself is complicated for many people. I used to joke with my straight guy friends that a certain guy was a sixpack away from being gay. Or a bottle of tequila. Or a half a beer (usually said disparagingly), so buzz can push someone in a direction. Were they actually bisexual before and the booze pushed them into sex? Probably, but no way to say for sure.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BP2 View Post
Sorry to hear that, it's a difficult one. If there was some closeness and affection outside of the sex and drugs then it could have been more than just the drugs. Sadly some people just aren't comfortable with who or what they are, there can be many reasons for this.
Well that's true actually, there was a lot of closeness too outside of sex, a really great friendship which was good. Its so sad that now out of rehab he feels need to loose our friendship because of what it makes him remember. Really sucks.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I've known people that don't identify as gay but have fallen in love and had sexual relationships with a specific PERSON. I almost married a woman at one point even though I'm pretty much a gay identified man (I called myself bisexual when younger). We didn't for reasons OTHER than sex, which was amazing. The relationship itself had an addictive quality in general, not just the sex. I have never bantered nor laughed with ANYONE like I did with her, before or since. And we did drink a fair amount at times.

Being gay isn't a simple yes/no on/off switch.

I agree with the post above that some people (usually men) will have sex with men on stimulants but not generally at any other time....have heard this happening a lot with guys on meth (could also be that meth is so entwined in the gay community in Southern California).

As I said when you asked the same question in the LGBT forum...it's a complicated question without a simple answer. Sexuality itself is complicated for many people. I used to joke with my straight guy friends that a certain guy was a sixpack away from being gay. Or a bottle of tequila. Or a half a beer (usually said disparagingly), so buzz can push someone in a direction. Were they actually bisexual before and the booze pushed them into sex? Probably, but no way to say for sure.
Thanks I know what you mean and some good points. Its a shame that he feels need now to forget our close friendship which I'd be happy to have on its own because it reminds him of his past. Only he has the answers, and he has said that he had fallen for me but not interested in any other men, was my personality so you could have a point there. Life is so damn complicated.