Notices

Chance after chance

Old 05-24-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chance after chance

As of today I only have four days clean time after struggling for 35 years with cocaine and crack I've had a lifetime of ups and downs I have recently been let back into my home with my girlfriend who I've lived with for 6 years and all drug-related there has been so much stress that I have put on her I have been thrown out a minimum of eight times in the past year living out of my truck I have been to rehab have been in the program and have given up but this time I see something different I truly love my girlfriend and feel horrible for the things that I've done to her and the actions that I have taken just to get the drug of choice and not only to her but my family and my two beautiful kids who have taken a beating over the last 35 years from my addiction and being an addict unfortunately I have to live with that name the rest of my life now which I'm not proud of but even though I only have four days clean time I am taking a whole new approach on my sobriety and feel a whole lot better I am going to meetings everyday I'm reaching out through the phone two other addicts that have clean time and I am making sure I'm doing the right thing around the house to keep the stress level and try to regain the trust that I deserve even though it's going to take time to regain that trust again it does have a strain on the relationship because of that but this time I know I can make things right I don't have the answer why but I just feel that there is something different reading all these forms have helped me tremendously stay focused on my sobriety and I will keep you updated on how that is doing
Old 05-24-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Take hold of this and make it your #1 priority above all else. You can do it!
Old 05-24-2018, 11:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to have you join us kingranch - welcome

D
Old 05-25-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good for you. that stuff is tough, it doesn't let go easy. but once it's behind you and you clean up your lifestyle, you'll wonder what the heck you were ever seeing in the stuff. recovery IS possible. seize it and don't let go!
Old 05-25-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you!! Former crack addict here. I found SR way before recovery, which I chose after jail time.

It's not easy, but it's SO worth it. The people here helped me and it didn't even have to be about crack - we A's (addicts) are quite similar despite the substance.

Go for it, I promise you, you won't regret it!