Notices

Coming off buspar?

Old 03-12-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coming off buspar?

I'm Britney. 28, I was in heroin and meth and benzos. I'm on 3 months of sobriety. I've been to the hospital for panic attacks a few times. They put me on buspar, depacote, and vistiril. I'm thinking about the future, how long should it take to have a Dr work with me to ween off each? Anyone had similar experiences?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Britneytoday2 View Post
I'm Britney. 28, I was in heroin and meth and benzos. I'm on 3 months of sobriety. I've been to the hospital for panic attacks a few times. They put me on buspar, depacote, and vistiril. I'm thinking about the future, how long should it take to have a Dr work with me to ween off each? Anyone had similar experiences?
If you trust your Dr., then let them decide when is right. Discuss it with them. In the meantime, start learning some coping mechanisms to help reduce anxiety when it does arise, that way you know how to deal with it when they do wean you off it.

My wife is on several medications for PTSD/bi-polar/anxiety. I asked the therapist when/if we should consider modifying dosages to limit the types of medications she is taking... the therapist's response was that they all seem to be working well for her now, so we should not change them. We will likely revisit that question again in a year once my wife has some sober time under her belt and better coping mechanisms.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have taken Buspar for many years with no noticeable side effects.

The doctor may think you need to be on it indefinitely to address your anxiety symptoms.

We're very happy you're here with us and we hope you hang around and keep us posted on your progress.