Notices

Cocaine .. Worried ..

Old 05-17-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I’m at a point now where I’m almost hopeless.

I have no idea what’s happening to the skin on my nose. It’s still irritated and peeling 5 months after quitting all substances. My nose still has its shape but it’s become so thin and fragile. Still scanning and healing on the inside as well. It’s the skin on the outside that worries me though, no one has had that issue.

I didn’t even use for years or daily. Bad luck I guess.

It’s so depressing. And as a result I have severe anxiety and depression and panic attacks daily. It’s more the fear of the unknown like wtf is going on and what will it look like in a month - 3 months - 6 months.

Life sucks. My business is suffering. I’ve withdrawn from every optional social event. And find myself contemplating suicide daily. I’m not going to but the thoughts keep coming in my head.

I don’t know what to do anymore
Old 05-17-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about seeing a dermatologist? always possible that the outside skin may be another issue?
Old 05-30-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Anyone here who uses cocaine. My advice is quit. I know it’s hard, but just quit. Don’t overdo it. Just because you snorted a gram last month and felt fine within a few days doesn’t mean the next time will be the same. When coke damage hits you, it comes with no warning and can mess with your life and your mind. Quit while you’re ahead and take care of your body.

I haven’t touched the drug in 6 months today. I also gave up drinking and smoking. I wasn’t a daily user although I did binge last summer/fall and then I decided to take a break to recover... still haven’t recovered .

I felt like a million bucks last summer. Now every single day is a struggle to keep my nose moist and have reshuffled my whole life around healing this damn coke nose.

The lining in my nose has worn away. It’s either gonna take a super long Tim to heal or won’t heal.

In 6 months I can say my improvement is marginal and possibly only as a result of the weather improving. I will probably suffer again when winter comes around and humidity levels drop as everyone blasts their heaters.

Take care of your damn nose. You only get 1.

If you want to quit but don’t know how:
1. Delete every dealers phone number
2. Quit drinking alcohol (you are 99% likely to relapse when drunk)
3. Quit hanging around friends that use or tell them that you’ve quit and not to offer or use around you out of respect
4. Start a healthy lifestyle. Gym, eat healthy, etc

Wishing all a healthy recovery. And if anyone’s been in my shoes before please post your story. How long were you using, how did you get clean and how long did it take for nose to feel normal again?
Old 05-31-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well done on your clean time!

I would be interested to know which supplements / diet requirements that you have found to help heal your nose?
Old 06-08-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey man. Well, I have not much experience with coke. I just want to tell you that I'm now reading your thread in a very difficult situation, day 2 from a huge binge on alcohol and cocaine; reading your post and seeing how you kept posting (even at times when people did not answer), made me feel better.

I know the situation regarding your nose sucks, but hang in there. You've accomplished the hardest thing which is staying clean and sober. By the way, it is very likely your nose will be just fine.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support. I’m doing my best to hang in there. I’ve been free of alcohol and smoking for 5 months and free of cocaine for 6 months.

Although I’ve been to ENTs and who have said that I don’t have any structural damage (perforations) to my nose, I’ve definitely caused some damage to the inner lining of my nose.

My nasal passages have been chronically dry for the last 6 months. It’s extremely uncomfortable and I’m starting to lose hope that it will improve.

A chronically dry nose sucks. It makes your whole face, mouth and throat feel dry all the time so you’re constantly chugging water or liquids down. Being outdoors, speaking for longer than a few minutes and exercise is really difficult.

The doctors said all the can recommend is saline spray for that sort of situation and it’s something I may just have to live with.

I’m seeing a naturopath and trying acupuncture and Chinese medicine now since that’s the only option I think I have left.

Most ex-coke users in recovery complain about runny noses but I haven’t found much online about chronically dry noses and if they can heal and how long it takes.

I hope someone responds

Originally Posted by Hope1989 View Post
Hey man. Well, I have not much experience with coke. I just want to tell you that I'm now reading your thread in a very difficult situation, day 2 from a huge binge on alcohol and cocaine; reading your post and seeing how you kept posting (even at times when people did not answer), made me feel better.

I know the situation regarding your nose sucks, but hang in there. You've accomplished the hardest thing which is staying clean and sober. By the way, it is very likely your nose will be just fine.