Notices

Quitting Suboxone

Old 11-28-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting Suboxone

Hello
I posted on the suboxone forum but didnt et any responses. So posting here. I am beginning a taper off suboxone. I have been on it 8 months now and i have never been more anxious and depressed . For awhile when I began taking it..for both pain and addiction it worked. I had been overusing percocet for years. But never really was physically addicted. More binge using. My family dr suggested suboxone for my chronic pain. Now I am physically very dependant on suboxone... I hate the way it makes me feel..
Anyone ever come off suboxone? Im going to use this forum as a tool to help me kick the habit. Also my prescribing doctor..
I used to come here regularly years ago under the name northbelle..This forum saed my sanity on more than one occasion. I will be supportive to others as well I hope..
Thank you.

Snowgal
Old 12-18-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

..i can relate as part of treatment to genuine bipolar episodes Dr prescribed benzodiazepine as one of meds to stabilize, i dunno tapering down trigger bipolar which would ultimately send my into street 'DOC' and psychosis. Then to stop binges i'll go back to Rx... it's all very exhausting and there's the endless shadow of dread of 'what if ?' Every time i stop benzo it's really just a matter of time before the destructive cycle begins again... seriously 60+ days rehab coupla years ago, well over a thousand meetings and 1/2 dozen 'sponsors' stretched over the course of the these past 7 years *i'd journal throught out* and the best i can cling to is the promise of 48/72 hours via Dr/health insurance/pharmacy etc. i feel as much enslaved as when spun on street drugs. ..
point is upon reading your post i realized that my situation isn't unique
=^,^=