Notices

Suboxone

Old 11-23-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone

Just curious if anyone who has used Suboxone can give insight on their experience with it and how it helped their recovery?
Old 11-24-2017, 12:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi treeguy - you might want to read, and repost, in our sub forum as well?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...tenance-detox/

D
Old 11-28-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am on suboxone now. I was abusing opiates..but honestly now i am physically more dependant on suboxone than i ever was on pills...it helped alot with cravings...but i dont like the negative effects it has...constant nausea..bad anxiety...and it has only made my pre existing depression tons worse..
Only my experience..but i wish i had never started it.
Snowgal
Old 12-01-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Suboxone is typically A LOT harder to get off of than heroin. Just speaking from my experience working in the field. Personally I only ever did short 5-7 days detoxes with subs. And most doctors don't really taper it down and many people relapse when/if they do due to the symptoms.

Generally speaking 12-step rooms don't "support/believe" in sub maintenance either, so if you wanted to use this as a support to getting clean you might feel out of place. But 12 step meetings aren't the only place to get clean, just the most common.

Anyway, my belief is subs do more harm than good but I'm sure plenty of people have sucsess with them.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fenway is right. Everyone is different and I know that Methadone is harder to aquire than the Suboxone. Jeeze, seen so many kids needing it (Pharm for years 'n years.) Sad part is, you dispense it to them 'n you never hear of the HELP or the BAD results of it! I hope you're gonna be okay Treeguy. Hang in there!!!!