Notices

29 hours since last xanax

Old 10-15-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

29 hours since last xanax

Hi everyone I'm new here and don't even know if I'll get a reply but its been 29 hours since I last took xanax. I've been taking 2mg a day for the last 6 weeks at most. Right now I feel ok but my stomach is starting to get really rumbly and my nose is running with just weak legs. I'm also on 120 mg of methadone a day. I don't know if that's helping me or not doing anything. I'm 35 years old and have been thru detoxes and rehabs but its funny cuz I never know what's coming when I quit using. I weigh 135lbs and have a very fas metabolism and I'm pretty sure that's gotta help. I just hate feeling like this but I know it will be over soon enough. I usually don't detox unless I go to jail but I'm just out of options and patience with this ****. If anyone is out there message me back. If not at least I wasted some time and didn't notice how ****** I feel. Lol
Old 10-15-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Eddie - the forum activity ebbs and flows throughout the week. It sounds like you are off to a good start on your detox, but I don't have much experience with benzos.

What are your long-term plans though? You have detoxed before and gone to rehabs before. Are you going to try anything different this time?
Old 10-16-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I've been to rehabs but this time I'm doing it CT. I'm married with kids and can not afford to leave them on their own. Sounds silly because your probably thinking what could I possibly do for them but somehow I'm up and out of bed. I went to the clinic and got 120mg of methadone just now. Hoping that does a little something for my shakiness. I want to start going to meetings and get back into that. Its not as bad as I thought it would be right now so that's a plus. I just hate feeling all alone detoxing. That's why I started this thread. Its the first thread I've ever posted.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Eddiewillie,
First, be very thankful that you were only on Xanax for 6 weeks. That being said, your doctor is not actually supposed to take you off of Xanax cold turkey, they are supposed to taper. If you are doing okay with it, then you can try everything to fight the anxiety. Me, I cannot be in a room without sound. If I have taken my dose for the day and get anxiety, I will try to find something physical to do and throw my headphones on. Listening to music can help sometimes. If you find that you are really having a hard time with it, and your Dr. approves, Gabapentin (Neurontin) is a good substitute as it is not addictive. The first couple of times you take it, it can make you feel a little loopy, but after a while that goes away.
I wish you luck...keep fighting the good fight! Xan's are actually one of the most difficult prescriptions to get off of, so keep strong, and reach out!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay strong, sending you my well wishes. I KNOW you can do it!!
Old 10-19-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I actually have fondled around with xan's for the better part of two-years. What sobered me up was a short-stint in jail because of xan's. Now I'm facing a 2nd-dui and controlled substance charge cause of my actions under these pills. I was also still on probation for my first dui when I was arrested, so that made my situation even more complicated. I was addicted to slumping around everywhere and traded one addiction ( alcohol ) for xan's because I could bypass my ignition interlock in my vehicle and still get a fix. I am about 53-days sober since my last pill and I am not looking back. They cause too much legal-trouble for me. Please sober up and put the pills down, it not worth your life!
Old 10-25-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I detoxed off Xanax four years ago.......actually detoxed Xanax and alcohol at the same time.............worst time of my life.........wouldn`t wish it on my worst enemy and I did cold turkey.
Was pure hell.

My dose was 1/4 of what you are taking so there will be some pain for you but it will be behind you in no time.
Stay at it and before you know it you will be feeling better but stay at it.
My doctor wanted to wean me off with Klonopin, I handed the bottle back and said no way, I`m not trading one addition for next............those pills are far behind me now and will stay that way.
Those things as poison.

keep at it......this will pass and you will be fine.