Notices

Feel Alone...

Old 09-19-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jon

Feel Alone...

Trying to stay sober today as much as I am able. Here at a NA meeting and feel out of place. Like a cog that doesnt fit in this wonderous engine design. Dont know how to talk to anyone sober or engage in anything. I just find everything rather uninteresting and frustrating how socially things just cant come natually. Depressing is a symptom on my shoulder and anger on my other just as a defense mechanism. I feel so awkward...why is this so difficult? I can relate but I cant speak. I can feel but express no emotion. I can empathize but terrified to comfort. Negativity really has me in its grips today...
Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay with it, my friend, and please stop over-thinking it. Recovery isn't just one day at a time. Most times it's one hour or one minute at a time. You do seem to be a very good writer; that I can relate to. How about doing the old fashioned thing and keeping a written journal of your sobriety? Eventually, the circle will begin to fit in the square hole. I wish you the very, very best.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

agree with opmloser... i think you are a writer too... even if you don't know it. sending good vibes your way