Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Kratom is the devil!!! Just an update for any who care..

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In my previous post I talked about how I started taking Krarom thinking that it was a safe alternative. I researched it and saw all the negative things about it and took it anyways. I have felt awful for the past two weeks and finally woke up feeling better today! I've been using 5 HTP and L tyrosine. I also did some research and saw that the absorbic acid form of vitamin c can be very helpful so I started that last night. I don't know if that's what is helping but I'm finally taking a turn for the better. Warning if you do try the mega dose of absorbic acid it causes diarrhea. In my mind I feel that this is probably helping to detox and I will take the side effect if I feel better.

I have been sober for 3.5 years until this blip and only used kratom for 6 weeks. I honestly feel it could have ruined my life and my sobriety. I know a lot of people use this thinking it is a natural alternative but after my experience and extensive research, please be careful if you choose to try this. I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful husband and could not have made it through this without him. I have so much guilt and shame and I think that is the worst part of all of this is knowing I could have ruined everything. It's a slippery slope my friends. It rings true to me that once an addict, always an addict. But today is a new day and I am beginning to feel like myself again. Baby steps...blessings to everyone having a tough day today.

Last edited by Mandiet; 09-11-2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-11-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in. Glad you are beginning to feel better.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, I hope you are doing well. I'm 22 days or so clean from Kratom. It was so hard to come off of and I'm in the very depressed stage of the withdrawals. Good luck.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abp280 View Post
Hello, I hope you are doing well. I'm 22 days or so clean from Kratom. It was so hard to come off of and I'm in the very depressed stage of the withdrawals. Good luck.
How long were you on it for? Did you have a past history of opiate abuse? I'm just curious if it's common with everyone or just those with history of abuse. Sorry your having a hard time with the depression. I'm still struggling but it Is getting better. I think it's because I only used it for 6 weeks. It was quite an intense withdrawal for such a short use.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My experience with kratom was limited to helping with opiate withdrawals.. I'm thankful for your insight.

- Josh