Notices

Wanting to get sober

Old 09-10-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wanting to get sober

I've been struggling with my drinking since I was 17 (I'm now 27). I don't drink every day, sometimes even for a couple weeks, but when I do, I binge drink. I black out and either lose something or do something I regret. I hate living this way but it's been so hard for me to quit drinking. I am currently going through a divorce and I know drinking hasn't helped my healing one bit. I want to be happy, I don't want to feel like anxiety anymore. I hate that alcohol has control over my life in some type of way. I don't have many friends in Hawaii where I am currently living, but the ones I do have, drink and party. I'm so scared of being lonely in this divorce process but I don't know who to reach to. I've been so depressed lately and am missing my ex and I feel like I'm getting out of control I want to be sober but i keep failing over and over again.. I just want to live a happy sober life and I am worried of failing again. Plus my divorce is really taking a toll on my emotions. It was a short marriage but has broke me in every way.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi shay
I was an all day everyday drinker who couldn't go 3 days without a drink.

Finding support here really was a gamechanger for me. It meant the world that people understood my problem and cared what happened to me. The advice and support I got here not only got me sober but has kept me that way.

I'm really glad you've joined us.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much. That's all I'm looking for is support because I feel very alone on this :/
Old 09-10-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are not alone - you have us!

Keep posting and stay strong. we are here for you!
Old 09-11-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smileagain12 View Post
You are not alone - you have us!

Keep posting and stay strong. we are here for you!
Thank you. I truly appreciate that. This has just caused so much depression and anxiety and I just want to be able to get it under control.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR👋 I'm sorry to hear about your divorce and I totally understand the blackout thing. I have pretty much zero control over those😩 Good luck with getting sober and see you around the forums!