Notices

Why?

Old 08-22-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laur24 View Post
Oh man, this was me 100%. I considered the day a victory if i even attempted to shower.

I promise you things get better. So much better.
Thank you so much for this entire post... I really needed it!
Old 08-28-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Angry

Originally Posted by CallMeJosh View Post
Thank you so much for this entire post... I really needed it!

whats up JOSH! almost done with day 10 for me about to start day 11 things are looking up.... kind of pissed off because the person that did my biopsy put the bandage tape that she clearly told the she had allergic reactions too, now she has blisters all over. Just waiting on the biopsy results and its killing me inside because i cant take her pain away and cant do anything for her... I've been praying a lot for her and hoping everything goes well for her
Old 08-28-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Drummer,

You're doing all you can do! Trust me. As a caretaker for my mom, I too completely understand. I'm lucky in that her rheumatoid arthritis - when it spread - was caught. She's on oxygen now but sad and feeling down..long story short..she told me she was so happy that I was there when I had to take her to the ER awhile back.

I got to thinking...imagine if I was out using or getting drugs...I wouldn't have been there when she needed me most.

You're there. She needed you. YOU WERE THERE. There isn't anything else you can do. You gotta believe me on this. I'm literally talking from experience, I'm not giving you a line of BS...I'm not lying to you.

Besides, if you haven't figured it out by now - I'm one of those 'no filter' people. I don't usually sugar coat what I'm saying...I JUST SAY IT.

Keep you're head up. I honestly lost count as to how many days clean...I know the date...but really don't want to count. I'm letting the meetings and my sponsor count. They give us little chips. I've got the 'Welcome' chip...next will be the '30 days' chip. Its silly on some levels..but really means a lot to me.

I suggest you get to some meetings that YOU LIKE. If you don't like the style or people, you won't continue to go...at least I didn't.

Talk soon,
J
Old 08-28-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey Josh...
Just checking in, seeing how you are doing. Sounds like things are going pretty good. I am so proud of you!! I'm hanging in there, too. It's encouraging to me to read your posts. I don't feel so alone in what I'm going through.
Hope you are having a wonderful, sober day!!
Old 08-30-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey Josh.....How are you doing?? Things going okay??
Old 08-30-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey!

It's going..slowly but surely..been busy at work..which has been frustrating and just flat out ridiculous at times..but that's work I guess.

Just trying to stay positive.

How have you been?
Old 08-30-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey!!

I'm hanging in there. Like you, it's slow going, but it's going. I actually feel pretty decent today for a change!! Trying to remember to be grateful for the little things in life.
Good to hear you're okay.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

hey Sugar and Hey Josh its day 15 for me .... the feeling that caused me to use drugs heavily before is back. Found out my moms breast cancer is back but in the right breast and that they know its in the lymph nodes. Im feeling depressed and down. I know using wont make things better and thats exactly why i have 15 days today. I pray to God that its just in her lymph nodes, she has a petscan on tuesday and will talk to her doctor about the treatment plan on Friday. So my days are pretty ****** right now and going way to slow. I am so worried and hope it hasnt spread to her bones. I am worried sick and dont want to feel this feeling anymore but i know my mom needs me to be with her 100% of the way through this. If im feeling like this i just cant even think about how shes feeling.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oh GD, I am so so sorry for what you and your mom are going through. I wish I had some great words of wisdom or advice or comfort to share, but I don't know what to say. I am here for you. We are all here for you. I am really happy you aren't using, but I completely understand why you want to. The only thing I can say about when you feel like you want to get high is think about this.....Will it help your mom get better in any way if you use?? Will it fix anything?? Will it be helpful in the long run??
Just something to think about.
Please keep going, GD. Your mom needs you sober. She needs you. ALL of you.
Please keep us updated about your mom and you, okay?? We care. I care. I will help you through in any way I can.
((((hugs)))))
Old 09-09-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey Josh,
How are you doing?? Just thinking about you and GD, wondering.....
Old 09-09-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Why is the ultimate question! Why do you compulsively abuse chemicals. If you understand why, you are closer to understanding how to overcome.

I spent 10 years in college studying the brain and spinal cord and then spent 44 years abusing my brain and spinal cord with drugs and alcohol.

I believe the antidote lies in understanding the human psychology of how we think and feel.

Consider, the premise that addictive behavior is used to reverse feelings of overwhelming helplessness-an emotional state. Chemicals empower us over our negative feelings, they act as a quick fix or mood changer.

The trick is to empower ourselves in direct healthy ways and not with quick fixes or mood changers of drugs and alcohol.

It sounds like you may have lost your purpose in life like I did.

The main navigational tools in life are values and purpose. When your values trump your addiction, there is no addiction.

Change your thinking and change your life.