Notices

Tianeptine a fight like no other

Old 02-03-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

thanks Dee. I didn't think things could affect me like this anymore. by total coincidence I made a thread on his board for the first time about a week or two before it happened, but had no idea he was there and vice-versa. perfect strangers. that's the internet for you. I can only guess 1 of 2 or 3 things happened. it had to be related to an accidental substance dose (even something 'innocuous') or a relapse.

but even though it turns out he was a lot like me and stuff, I choke when I remember it can't be anything like what his poor father went through... on christmas. can you believe this world?
Old 02-03-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah I've lost a lot of people in the last decade.
Makes me think again about how lucky I am.

Guess with better do something with this second chance Tiredcat

hang in there man

D
Old 02-03-2018, 09:20 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

that's very true. I feel that (such different) sense of urgency now. for once, it's become hard to forget. that was what Jaden tried to do too.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I also sorry you lost people. it feels like people are dropping like flies and it can only get worse (for me). just trying not to think about it. could've been me, too.

gonna be busy dealing with things so gonna write this in advance.

I didn't want to make this about me. life is fricking hard and this changed me but I'm otherwise fine. I had relapse in Nov/Dec after a year off tia. but unlike times before I had almost no benefits from the tia, it didn't help me work, and just after I get out of WD, this news. so I'm not worried about falling back into it myself and am more worried about others still stuck on it - it's really really hard to get off in the first place. really, really hard.

I do wish I had contacted J. again before he stopped logging in here. I also worried that some of the comments on the thread I made on reddit could have influenced him to try something unsafe (people were trying poppy seed tea to help with WDs - https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1010105645.htm). it's always at the back of my mind but we might never know (even if his father comes back, toxicology might not say all) and I can't even afford the negative thinking in my life right now.

this deserves extra info cause maybe nobody knows what I'm talking about in this forum.

at the time J. stopped logging into soberrecovery, he created the quitting tianeptine sub on reddit (I didn't know). was worried why he disappeared, but he had successfully gotten off tia. so it was just an internet thing.

this was an excellent idea because reddit has the most visible tianeptine sub so it was the best place to reach people. it doesn't take away from this forum: people there link back to the threads on soberrecovery every week or two. they are filled with great info. it's like the spiritual ancestor of the quitting tianeptine sub. the thread with the tramadol info helped a bunch of people get off it. personally I ended up relying on J.'s suggestion to try phenibut, it's not like tia, I tolerated it well and you can get tolerance and serious long WDs but it's much safer in comparison. if it wasn't for this I would be in a much worse place.

don't need to post much more cause you can just google this stuff and it's the first result.

the internet messes up our intentions, but every one affected is in this one together.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its pretty normal to think that maybe if we;d done this or not said that..but I doubt it tiredcat.

In the end we all make our own decisions, even the bad ones.

D
Old 02-04-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

yeah... I mean, I have pretty libertarian/objectivism belief system so I believe that even more than most people normally. I can't bring myself to place any blame on the drug or system. (sort of like these other poor people, who are already stronger than me: https://www.poppyseedtea.com/)

even if I didn't, I'd recognize the futility and the self-harm it does, for nothing, in this situation.

and, it's not really me who'd need the most help and encouragement to go on, right now.

but still, there's a part or me that's always going to wonder. would be easier to be another species right now.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:23 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Life can get pretty hard and complicated but I believe it's the only one we get, so I try to make the best of it.

We can only be who we are. and human beings as we are, we need a little support sometimes even if its a friendly ear.

I hope you know you'll always find that here
D
Old 03-29-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Found this thread, day 5 of WD

I was completely heartbroken reading this thread. I’m in day 5 of WD, and it hasn’t been easy. Hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with. I was drawing courage from the user J, and was so crushed to find out what happened. His positivity was a source of strength for me.

I wanted to share what has helped me with WD, in case anyone else stumbles here after a tia addicition:

1. Hot baths- with Epsom Salt, about a cup per bath. This will draw toxins out, help with RLS, and soothing for body chills.

2. Involve someone you trust in your WD. I bit the bullet, told my parents about my problem and asked them to help (had to move in with them which sucks, but felt like I should have the onus on others too). I’ve taken my dosing (huge taper) out of my hands and put it in there’s. The only time I take tia is under their supervision (one scoop max every 12 hours) when symptoms are at their worst.

3. For your taper dosing, put it in a tea to sip throughout the day. The small incriminating helps.

I’m trying some other otc meds to help and will update on efficacy.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

hey Baron (you sure picked a less depressing name from your WD feelings!!). 5 days is great usually if you cold it or dropped off from high, though I honestly can't tell how a 12 hours small dose affect the whole timeline. J would be happy for you.... obviously. otherwise it's still unclear exactly what happened to him (there was mostly kratom in his blood, his father said finally, but it's hard to believe that alone was responsible and not error or drug interaction... doubt there was tia though or anything hard)

confirm the Mg sulfate bath is one of the only natural things that really works, a bit at least, I used topical Mg chloride gel (or "oil" "spray"), works as well. somehow topical Mg is better than oral. didn't do those other suggestions like telling someone but maybe that's part why I kept going back to it, guess something to learn from that.

guess your parents will be happy to have you half-back on easter? happy such thing to you.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Everyone on this message board has been amazing! You have all helped me soooo much. I can’t begin to describe my gratitude. So this is day 6 (day 4 of zero tia) and almost all of the WD symptoms are gone!

I was taking about 10 grams every 7 days. I knew this wasn’t going to be easy, and again, I wanted to make sure I wasn’t the one in charge of my taper, so I handed everything over to my parents. By day 4 my mom was asking if I wanted one scoop, in a tea, next to the bed so I might get some sleep. I refused, and the night was awful. But I got through it after a night of sweating and flailing limbs. Really, get the dosing out of your hands, have someone closely monitor what you’re taking and make sure it diminishes every day.

I was taking three white scoops 6-7 times a day (and yep, the 4am withdrawal that would wake me up to redose.

I did the 10mg Imodium, didnt seem to do anything. Baths with epsom were amazing, only time I felt normal. My mom would give me a Valium to help with RLS. Again, not a lot of effect, but after tia, no pain pills worked for me.

It’s stupid, but at my many lows, I kept repeating the mantra, “I’m diamond, I’m shatterproof.” It always seemed to put things in perspective.

If you’re still fighting, keep it up! Draw strength from others going through withdrawal, that have either been there or going through it.

On the third tapering, I was at one scoop and that was the last I’ve taken, forever. Never ever doing it again.

Further, Valium didn’t help, don’t be the woman slaughtering
Another step to try is driving a car. Something about it gave reprieve. Heat almost at max heatJust m

Also, driving a car kept the shaking, and the air on full heat felt great. Until I sweated.

It felt there was zero chance of completely abating the WD symptoms, just mitigating. So know that it’ll hurt WDing, but do it!!!

I’ll watch for messages, if anyone needs help, I’m available. Happy to help if possible. You’ll get through this! Stay strong! You’ll bet this. Believe me that doesn’t sound realistic while suffering.
Also, notify someone about the issue, and hand all your tia to them. Let them regulate the ramp down.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Omg! Please excuse the nonsensical rambling. With Wd’s I’ve had maybe 8 hours of sleep this whole week. I was falling asleep typing this, but wanted to get it out.

The car stuff I didn’t explain very well: just driving around felt great, it occupies mind and body. Adjusting the temperature based on your bodies vissisitudes feels great. Just be safe and don’t drive if exhausted.

Another tidbit of hope: I can’t explain how amazing it feels being off of this! Coffee might actually wake me up now. No more sitting down and crashing. No more carrying it with me everywhere. No more being petrified of running out, this no longer controls me.

Yes, this week was the hardest of my life, but looking back I’d gladly do it again to be rid of this. I have a friend on it too and have invited him over to help get him through it.

Good luck everyone. And thank each of you for your words, strategies and inspiration.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:36 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

where'd you go, man? let us know how you're doing, eh? good or bad, it's all good. I remember those moments between the end of the acute wd and the start of normalcy/routine, and thinking I couldn't afford one negative thought or I'd go completely broke
Old 11-28-2018, 10:07 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I am new this forum but have been reading
quitting Tianeptine sub on reddit for the past months. I have had a 5gr/d sodium habit for awhile and been wanting to quit.Three days ago I had enough and went cold turkey. That was 72 hours ago, I haven’t sleep in three nights. The second day was the worst and today I actually feel almost normal again . My only helper was taking a lot of Kratom. The first two days I was taking about 8g every hour. I know that is a lot but I have been using it off and on for two years , my normal dose is 3g every four hours . The biggest part of my survival from the hellish was my faith in God . He is always there to help us no matter how bad we mess up alll we have to do is ask and have faith!!My prayers are with all those struggling to overcome this and their families . If anyone need s an ear I am always willing to listen and help anyway I can . Hang in there and remember “Pain is only temporary no matter how long it last”. God bless.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:06 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR BroJoe

D
Old 04-05-2020, 04:28 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hey guys, tianeptine addict here. Day 6 of withdrawal.
I know none of you have posted in a while, but I wanted to let you know how much you all have helped me not feel alone. You probably won’t see this comment but I really appreciate you.
All these years with this tianeptine habit.... and I told almost no one. And I got so tired of being a slave to tianeptine that I quit. I havent been making much progress in life and that’s because I’m an addict who’s life used to revolve around this stupid devil of a drug. I just got so tired of it I had to quit. Now I’m on day 6 and the RLS is mostly gone, but I’m still taking gabapentin as a crutch to help. And I only take it when I really need it. I also have the shakes pretty badly all day, my anxiety and depression is to the extreme (I feel like someone keeps pumping adrenaline and caffeine into my body and not in a good way), I still have stomach problems
Like acid reflux and other stuff, nausea sometimes, aches and muscle cramps, overall tiredness and lethargy, sneezing and watery eyes sometimes, insomnia, and Feeling cold. Hate it. Wish it was over, but I don’t care how long it takes. I am just so happy to be FINALLY quitting this crap!! Every time I have a negative thought, I think, “once the agonizing withdrawals are over.... I won’t have to wake up with withdrawals in the middle of the night, I won’t have to carry it around everywhere, I will have more motivation in life, I will be more productive once I feel better, I won’t be a slave to a drug anymore, and I’ll be so proud of myself. I already am. Can’t believe I’ve made it to day 6. I haven’t been sober for that long in a long time. If you ever think about giving up, don’t. It’ll end. The pain won’t last forever. And once you get through it, you’ll be so proud of yoursel!!!

Also, really sorry to hear about Jdaddy . Made me really upset to see that.