Notices

Tianeptine a fight like no other

Old 02-28-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've actually been using what I've got quite sparingly, mostly because I don't like taking so many things, and I don't know how long I'll need them. I'll take what I feel will be most helpful based on how I feel, then wait and see.
I do appreciate the heads up!

The cold/chills, fatigue, and inability to concentrate are my biggest problems today.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How are you today, Jaddy?
Old 03-01-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey guys I'm in not exact same situation as you guys, but really understand with the work thing. I would give anything for a week or two off but I'm on thin ice as it is. I'm not a long-time tianeptine user, I used it on/off for over a year because I have several health problems and it was the only thing keeping my surviving work. The problem was as soon as I take it for 3-4 days or more I get brutal withdrawal. Yes just 4 days, it's unbelievable how quick, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't believe me but it's true. I could only take tianeptine safely for 1 or 2 days a week but that's just not enough to survive, so several times I ended up taking for over 4 days the latest being 2 weeks. It's nothing compared to year long addiction but I still get insanely bad acute withdrawals that last 5 days and linger and I've gone through them about 10 times now. It's come to a point I know I just can't use it anymore and I don't know what I'll do instead and I'm afraid to lose it all but it can't be this.

I'm on day 3 of my hopefully last withdrawal and the RLS and sleeplessness on top of health problems makes it a fight from hell, time stands to a crawl. The massive anxiety I manage to keep in check by taking mega-doses of pure inositol powder (10g+ per dose 2x/per day) and some other supplements. I have no access to prescriptions anymore so there's nothing to tame the RLS or fall asleep (melatonin makes the RLS worse).

If you guys can do it I know I can make it through this WD again, barely, but I'm scared of the (complete lack of) future because this was the only med or supplement that works.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Eh its been a tough day here. Financial issues ahead, still being sick. I have to admit i messed up and took too much yesterday. But Im back on the straight and narrow. Unfortunately now im going to feel sick probably the entire time i am tapering. Oh well. I guess i deserve it. Feeling really down on myself and ashamed. Praying to god for the willpower to take only what i am supposed to. No matter what. I guess ill go ahead and start adding my comfort meds again. The hardest thing is trying not to hate myself. Well I have a long two weeks ahead of me ladies and gents. Wish me luck.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Idk why but i feel so broke now. Like I legit feel like i have failed myself. I have to drudge on man. This **** couldn't be at a worse time. I have so much positive happening at work. And im just gonna be an irritable ******* now.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jaddy21 View Post
Idk why but i feel so broke now. Like I legit feel like i have failed myself. I have to drudge on man. This **** couldn't be at a worse time. I have so much positive happening at work. And im just gonna be an irritable ******* now.
Failed a lot of times too man (this and years past), and I got nothing waiting for me at the end. You shouldn't feel bad about the comfort meds, I'd take em if I had em, probly a decent part of what you're feeling comes is the chemical WD I try to remember that and leave the real thinking to later.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well I can say as a former opiate addict that if I take opiates for 4 or 5 days I will experience withdrawls, someone who has never experienced being addicted to opiates the time can be much longer weeks or even months sometimes. It does not take long for the brain to trigger the association between opiates and feeling good. I feel for you having to go to work, I honestly don't believe I could have went through my detox and worked, I was near dead.

I really hope they do something with this tiapene, hard to believe marijuana is illegal but this stuff is not.

Don't beat yourself up to much, I can tell you from my experience I am on day 8 clean after a 2 year run, after day 4 the pain goes away and it was on day 7 I had my first good sleep. A week goes by fast... it seems so far away but its not you can do this !!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostsoul71 View Post
Well I can say as a former opiate addict that if I take opiates for 4 or 5 days I will experience withdrawls, someone who has never experienced being addicted to opiates the time can be much longer weeks or even months sometimes. It does not take long for the brain to trigger the association between opiates and feeling good. I feel for you having to go to work, I honestly don't believe I could have went through my detox and worked, I was near dead.
Happy someone believes me. I have health issues to begin with and I think my body is extra sensitive somehow. And every time I took it and approached a week the tolerance built up fast and was already taking grams per day after a week just to maintain effect and knew it was going downhill fast so I always cut myself off after 1-2 weeks, but with massive backlash from the WD, seemed really unfair. But I always fell back to relying on it too long, this cycle about 10 times. I don't blame the tianeptine supply at all for my case, it's really complicated. thanks for saying.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

oh god I need a timemachine so bad right now... but you are right... it's a week... I can't let it turn to longer again...

I forgot the first reason I wanted to comment is to say the thread title "a fight like no other" is spot on. I had to deal with severe health in the past both related and unrelated to substance abuse, and I don't want to compare ordeals and don't have to cause clearly tianeptine is a character of its own (I cant compare to other opioids much, codeine wasn't too bad to me but too long ago to say anymore). The RLS is extreme, and even if you help it somehow you don't sleep. The depression and anxiety is at least on par with some of the worst I had before. and every second just becomes torture. some of the times I just gave in and that's one way 3-4 days turns to longer.

anyway didn't want to hijack a thread, tact might be going out the window I can't tell, well back to work oh god
Old 03-01-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This is what I mean, when I come off opiates the WD is exactly as described in every tianeptine post, restless legs, aches pains, runny nose, hot cold sweats depression and insomnia and restless legs.

I mean at least when I take opiates I understand what I am getting into, this is not the same for someone who thinks there taking an anti depressant like chemical which in high doses works as an opiate. I have searched the web reddit etc and there are so many people on this stuff freaking out cause they have a multiple gram a day habit.

Don't get me wrong I am not blaming the substance we all need to educate ourselves but surely this needs regulation.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Ya I think that is something I fear alot, and i think others in my situation can understand this too. There are so few record of people coming out on the other side of this. Like compared to normal opiates and stuff. So its hard to find hope.Especially when all the ones you do see that succeeded did a perfect taper somehow, or had all these special comfort meds that are completely out of reach. What im running off of right now is the power of god. So thankful for this last chance out. I just have to get it right.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

and i say perfect taper like that because for those that don't know this **** comes in pure powder. So its not as simple as reducing by half a tablet per couple of days. Were talking reducing a certain mg amount daily and if you don't have a bad ass scale thats where **** gets hard. So you have to guesstimate and guesstimate on the low side to be safe. Whats even more ****** is a proper taper requires hourly dosing. So like now that im dosing appropriately i woke up almost every other dang hour. It was awful. But again im in it this time. i wont lose. Im freaking done with this crap ruining my life. Im tired of it ruining my girlfriends life. Im tired of feeling like a damn slave to this crap. I can definitely say i wouldn't even give this chemical to my worst enemy to get hooked on. No soul deserves this level of torment.

Good luck in your fights today fellas and ladies. we can do this
Old 03-02-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I didn't have a working scale neither at the end, but the measuring spoons kept my doses predictable for a batch, they not as useless as they say.

I know what you mean about the missing info, in the worst of WD I always scoured the net for tianeptine stories and it leaves questions. but this isn't the first time I gone in uncharted territory, and from what I know the tia won't hurt you permanent once you're done. Some meds out there can destroy you for life, I done that, and there's really nothing to suggest this is one of them. it's just the WD and taper are brutal. you'll be okay at the end.

got 4 hr sleep but screwed up with work and now I'm just taking any supplement I had lying around (like piracetam, never did a thing for me) to get through the total detach from reality and haze. RLS eased up though, thats the good.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

The problem with tia is that there are no studies of high dosage over long term, hopefully there are no issues but this is a fairly new recreational drug. I remember when I first read about this and was about to order some, and something in me said with my addictive personality this may not be a bridge I want to cross.

You can also use another opiate to replace the tia and then wd from the opiate instead I don't know if that would make things easier, I would just perservere through the wd's the longer its out of your system the closer you are to freedom.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Sorry man, but unfortunately not even strong opiates can touch a couple gram a day habit of tia. Something about it destroys your tolerance. The only thing proven to help is gabapentin and tramadol. And tramadol only really helps because its SSRI activity. And even then its basically not effective without gabapentin. This is because of how tia acts on the brain. At any rate im feeling alright today. I think ive finally leveled out my plasma levels. Oh and Im in no way trying to be rude, I just don't want someone to get the wrong idea and go buy some oxy thinkin it will help only to find they are stuck in withdrawals. Trust me Ive tried everything under the sun to get me off.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jaddy21 View Post
Sorry man, but unfortunately not even strong opiates can touch a couple gram a day habit of tia. Something about it destroys your tolerance. The only thing proven to help is gabapentin and tramadol. And tramadol only really helps because its SSRI activity. And even then its basically not effective without gabapentin. This is because of how tia acts on the brain. At any rate im feeling alright today. I think ive finally leveled out my plasma levels. Oh and Im in no way trying to be rude, I just don't want someone to get the wrong idea and go buy some oxy thinkin it will help only to find they are stuck in withdrawals. Trust me Ive tried everything under the sun to get me off.
I know what gabapentin is as my wife use to take it for her MS pain works on the nerve's rather then like an opiate.

Odd that tramadol would help as that is an opiate weaker one mind you and synthetic maybe that's why tia and tram are both synthetics and other opiates are morphine based. It was recently listed as an schedule 2 narcotic as well previously it wasn't.

However I have seen a lot of people say it helps the tia WD.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Keep your head up. As with anything attitude is extremely important. People are surviving and recovering from all sorts of illnesses and life struggles. Be convinced that you can and will do this. Keep reaching out for support. You are not alone in this. Take care.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

thank you Marcus I needed to hear that today!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey everybody, I found this information to be quite interesting and surprisingly it is a very effective method with many people posting on various forums stating those facts. So with all the crazy **** going on this is definitely worth a try, I am completely dependent on OTC ingredients to help me through this as I would much rather be able to get some good scripts from a doctor. If anyone wants to experiment with this method just make sure your stomach will be prepared for the first day or two as this much Vitamin C will probably make it feel a little funny. Good luck to all those trying to quit and I wish all of you good luck in your journeys!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Rainwater thanks I tried the vitamin C and it helps a little bit. But there's no illusions that it could substitute for gabapentin.

I screwed up mega hard on friday (was day 5). I was on no sleep and pushing to do overtime and I cracked and ended up taking some caffeine... with some tia (there was a bottom left)... immediately felt like a worthless p.o.s. but I was able to finish the work and continue into the night. The RLS had just went away too... The next night I was so low on sleep I got into a weird semi-dream/psychosis state where I lost the memory of all the intentions I had on the day before, like being awake but behaving like you do in a dream... So the last 2 days were a trainwreck. I'm fresh again today and have a little RLS but I'm hoping because it was just one day it'd didn't really affect the WD too much... I swear on friday I came so close to successfully not taking it and this forum came to mind but I just cracked anyway to be honest... so now I just threw away all the last traces of it I should have done that before but I'd started with a failed taper so I'd kept it...