Notices

The Hydro Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Amen final. Your post was right on. Loved it.
So, its 2 am here and cant sleep. Feel so sick I would prefer death. All sweaty and so sick to my stomach, and I am freaking out cuz I have so much to do. I truly hate wds. God, I feel bad.
Ok. Done whining for now.
Love you guys.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

sugar I am doing an online meeting now. what hours are you okay usually? There is great NA meetings online, even recorded ones that you can sit and listen too. I have 20 more minutes of this meeting then respond more. love you

what do you mean you have so much to do? If you don't get sober you will die. bottom line. you will have to get through this rough patch before you feel better.

think that way. instead of 'I am dying and can't deal with this' think 'I am doing the right thing'
Old 01-23-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Well my ins called. They won't help me. That guy i talked to was wrong. All i can get is a few days in detox. Cant even get suboxone to help cuz i went back on the xanax. I guess you cant take them together. Never heard that before. I will never trust anything my ins says ever again. I was stupid to even think they would help me. I guess I have to do this the hard way. I was just so hoping for help. I have zero idea now what to do.
Going to go cry for a while. Then I don't know. Im just too tired of trying and hearing no form everyone. Even the na people never called me back. And yet I keep getting back up and trying. Over and over again. Well, i am done. I have nothing left and i have no idea where to go from here.
Im sorry.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey guys...
So, i am trying to rally my troops here, but i need some advice. Please. Do you guys think it would be worth it to go to a 5 day detox?? And then if I do, what happens after?? Do i just come back home with no further help?? I mean, ifeel i need both short and long term help, so not sure what to do. What do you all think?? Would detox be worth it to go?? Or should I just detox at home again and go to that NA meeting?? I just dont know what to do next. Help!! lol
Thanks guys. Love you.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Detox couldn't hurt. Especially if you are struggling to stay off the pills. Usually they have groups you can sit in and sometimes outside people come in to talk (AA/NA). They can usually assist in finding some kind of aftercare. Aren't there AA or NA schedules online for your area (google it)? You can call the hotline, but not necessary. I guess I am just used to Chicago where there are a couple hundred meetings a day.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO. it will open up new doors. GO.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey guys....
So, I went to dentist this morning. Turns out it was bone sticking out of my jaw. He had to clip that, and clean out a really bad spot where they pulled one of my wisdom teeth. Yeah, that hurt. He's such a nice doctor though. He knew it hurt, and he was very kind about it. So, things are healing well. Still some bleeding, but now that he clipped that bone, and cleaned out that spot, he said everything should heal nicely now. Let's hope so. Next, I have to see my regular dentist, and do that root canal. Oh joy.

Called the detox place this morning to see when I can get in, and they said they don't take my ins. Called another place. Same thing. I have called everywhere. Done everything. There are no other options. I have exhausted them all. I swear, you guys, I have tried everything, and I'm not lying just to continue to use. No one will help me. And here, the na meetings are few and far between, but that is now my only option. So, I am going to have to quit on my own and get to some meetings. And, stay here at SR. I have nothing else, and can think of nothing else to do. Also sticking with therapy. I am sorry I let you guys down. I feel so foolish. So stupid. I will never ask for help from my ins for this ever again. I can't believe there isn't more help out there for people who really want it.

So, I am going to have to go old school, and do this alone. I hope you will all stay with me and please help me through this. I am so scared and sick to death that I have to do this alone. Again. Please, please help me through. I am so alone in this. I need you all.
Ok. My mouth hurts from the dentist rooting around in there. Going to take some ibuprofen, take a hot bath, and crawl into bed and lick my wounds for a while. But, it ain't over, guys. Not until the fat lady sings. Or I am dead. And since I am neither fat or dead, I think I will give it another go. What other choice do I have??
Guess that's it for now. Will check in later.
Love you guys. Truly.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sugar - I have come off of heavy opiate habits through home detoxes. It isn't easy, but it isn't impossible either.

I am not sure why you think you let us down. You tried to get in detox and can't right now. So, you are going to detox at home and go to meetings. You have a plan now so it is time to put it in action. I wasted years of my life making elaborate plans on how to quit without following it up with action.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

What Opio said. You did not let us down and you do have a plan. Just tell yourself it is Norovirus. Lots of people surviving through that right now. You are a strong person and can do this. Again don't think of reasons why you can't do it. Just know that you can. You deserve it :-)
Old 01-25-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

ending my day one withdrawal in 18 minutes and starting day two .... withdrawals are definitely not easy right now and i feel like they are getting worse...... didnt sleep at all last night and probably wont sleep tonight ... im fighting hard
Old 01-25-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey Godsdrummer, glad you are here. Its going to be ok. Things feel awful now, i know. It will get better. Just hang in there. Do you know how amazing you are coming this far?? Its hard to go 1 hr, let alone 1 day sober. I am so proud of you.

If you can get out of bed, a hot bath always helps. I take some ibuprofen for my body aches, tben soak for as long as I can, then get back into bed and watch tv. It really helps. I swear. Lots of water, too, if your stomach will take it.

Ok. Here's the bad news. You are right about the wds getting worse. They will for the next 48 hrs or so. And sleep will be really hard. I try not to fight it. I dont lay in bed and toss and turn. I get up and read. Or color one of those elaborate adult coloring books. Or watch tv. I have stayed up for days in wds, and not laying in bed when you cant sleep really helps.
Ok. Now the good news. If you are ending day 1, then by this weekend, you will be feeling better. Not yourself, but much better. And, if you dont use, you never have to go through it again. I wish I had learned that lesson sooner!!
I am here with you. I know it feels bad. It hurts. It sucks. But, it will end. Soon. It will be ok. Its a long process, but if we go yhrough it, we get our lives back. We get to be free.
No matter how bad you feel today, just remember you arent alone in this. I am here.
Keep posting. Let me know how you are doing. I will be thinking about you today, my friend.
Peace and Love.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks OP and Marcus. You guys are right. As usual. I just keep telling myself I only have to do this one more time, then never again if I dont want to. And I def dont want to. I just have to find my get up and go to do this, but my get up and go got up and got the hell out. I have no idea what I just said. And now I cant remember what I was going to say. Wow, man, my brain is fried today.

Btw....I loved what you guys said about making elaborate plans to get sober then never follosing through. Oh man, that is me for sure. Like totally.

So, you guys know i love ancient history. Well, more specifically, i love learning about the religious practices of ancient cultures like the Sumerians, the mayans, the vikings, etc.
Anyways, was watching a show last night about Hinduism and they were talking about the hindu god Shiva, and how he is both the god of destruction and of creation. The idea is that one has to destroy FIRST in order to create. The BECOMING is always second. Like the rainbow after the flood. I thought that was a pretty cool idea to think on. I hope I explained it ok. They always explain things better on those shows than I can. Just thought it was cool and wanted to share.
Ok. Gotta go. Thanks for everything peeps. You rock!!
Love you guys.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarangel View Post
Hey Godsdrummer, glad you are here. Its going to be ok. Things feel awful now, i know. It will get better. Just hang in there. Do you know how amazing you are coming this far?? Its hard to go 1 hr, let alone 1 day sober. I am so proud of you.

If you can get out of bed, a hot bath always helps. I take some ibuprofen for my body aches, tben soak for as long as I can, then get back into bed and watch tv. It really helps. I swear. Lots of water, too, if your stomach will take it.

Ok. Here's the bad news. You are right about the wds getting worse. They will for the next 48 hrs or so. And sleep will be really hard. I try not to fight it. I dont lay in bed and toss and turn. I get up and read. Or color one of those elaborate adult coloring books. Or watch tv. I have stayed up for days in wds, and not laying in bed when you cant sleep really helps.
Ok. Now the good news. If you are ending day 1, then by this weekend, you will be feeling better. Not yourself, but much better. And, if you dont use, you never have to go through it again. I wish I had learned that lesson sooner!!
I am here with you. I know it feels bad. It hurts. It sucks. But, it will end. Soon. It will be ok. Its a long process, but if we go yhrough it, we get our lives back. We get to be free.
No matter how bad you feel today, just remember you arent alone in this. I am here.
Keep posting. Let me know how you are doing. I will be thinking about you today, my friend.
Peace and Love.
got 26 hours and its starting to really irritate me and get worse i know i struggled these 26 hours and there is no way i will give up so easiliy ... by not using im 26 hours closer to feeling better if i use ill b 26 hours to feeling like ****
Old 01-25-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Oh, I so understand the irritation!! Try to get out of your head if you can. Is there a show you really like to watch?? I love 2 Broke Girls, and when im in wds and really irritated, i watch that. W/o commercials, its only 22 min. I figure I can do 22 min of anything. In other words, maybe breaking time up into small segments will help?? I HAVE to do that when im in the worst of the wds. And, for me personally, horrormovies help a lot, too. Not sure why, but theyget me more out of my head than anything else. Weird, i know, but it works. Shut off your phone if you can, settle into a good show after a hot bath, and see how you feel. Also, if you can get some benadryl, it would help the runny nose thing and maybe help you sleep.
I hope something here helps. And if things get really bad, just go to the ER. Dont hesitate. This is YOUR life, and you deserve to live it sober and happy. Whatever it takes.
And yes, you are 26 hrs closer to the physical wds ending. Don't stop. I am here for you.
Keep posting. As much as you want. Anytime you want.
This too shall pass.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

suprisingly time is going by a lot faster than it did yesterday..... im almost 27 hours im just counting hours .... not sure when this will peak but it will when it wants to i guess ... i will try watching a show to see if it works just cant sit still lower left back is killing me as if there are insects crawling in circles
Old 01-25-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

My lower back and knees hurt super bad when i am in wds, but i found that ibuprofen really helps that. Surprisingly. I also lay on my side with a pillow between my knees. That helps me a lot, too. You got this. I can see from your posts that you are strong. And determined. Those are excellent qualities to have right now!!
I'm with you. Not going anywhere. And, I am glad time is passing faster than you thought. That's good.
You are getting there, my friend. Stay with me!!
Old 01-25-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

its just so hard im on my 28th hour and just counting hours cant go fast enough.... there are times i want to give up but then tell myself i wont feel like this forever i gotta stay strong
Old 01-25-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Please stay strong. And don't give up. We are here for you. That's the best part of SR. Someone is always around. 24/7.
Keep checking in as best you can. I am thinking about you. Btw... do you have to work, or are you able to take time offto deal with this?? You may have already said, but I can't remember.
Anyway, stick close to SR, and keep posting I will help you through in any way I can. I understand. I really do.
Peace and Love.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I have to work on my 76th hour clean which falls on Friday at 3 pm my symptoms are getting much worse needless to say 30 hours clean
Old 01-25-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Reading is a big help for me when I need to get my mind off of feeling too stressed or icky. Anything with a good plot will do, but when I read books in which the characters find themselves in dire straits it seems to help me see that I ain't got it nearly as bad as I think. Sometimes we just need a different 'take' on things; a different perspective. Do things that bring some relief. Maybe just take a long shower or bath is all it takes at times to help a person feel better.