Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Notices

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Old 09-05-2017, 12:37 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Tasha and Airam!

TOD
Old 09-05-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh!! That is the cutest pic!! Airam is so tiny!!

How's Tasha taking to being her mama??
Old 09-06-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by sugarangel View Post
Oh my gosh!! That is the cutest pic!! Airam is so tiny!!

How's Tasha taking to being her mama??
Yeah don't let her size fool ya! That tiny squirt goes wherever she wants to. She'll climb up Jethro's shirt onto the couch and then right up to the top of it. She'll look around and then come sliding down the back and jumps onto the floor to flap her little wings while hopping across the floor. She also chases after my feet/crocs and I've damned near stepped on her several times. Jethro's constantly saying: "WATCH IT!"

Tasha is in her ALL Momma mode now! Airam is her only concern at this point. The two eggs turned out to be duds!

Today when I checked Strawberry's one egg! Do you see what I see?

That's called piping! The little chick pecks at the shell until it makes a hole to breathe thru. We have a baby hatching! Woot! Woot! Jethro just about drove me crazy today wanting to peel the shell off of it. I kept telling him to LEAVE IT alone! A chick will eventually break free of the shell. I was so happy when he went to bed. LOL Then when I took Strawberry out to potty at 3:00 AM? I saw she had stepped on the egg! ACK! So I had to do some tedious surgery on the egg to help the baby. Now I wait for it to break free! I'll never get to bed at this rate. Mother Hen pacing the floor here!

TOD
Old 09-06-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

The baby has broke out of the egg. However it's in bad shape as far as drawing the egg into it's body.

I put the baby in a cardboard box with a black light bulb above it to keep it warm. Don't want Momma to accidentally step on it in it's condition. If it's able to detach from the egg sac and draw it's body part into it's belly? Then it will survive! If not?

I'm praying hard for this little one. It's been thru so much to make it this far. And this is Strawberry's only baby at this time. She's a first time Momma and I so want this baby to survive for her.

TOD
Old 09-06-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
The baby has broke out of the egg. However it's in bad shape as far as drawing the egg into it's body.

I put the baby in a cardboard box with a black light bulb above it to keep it warm. Don't want Momma to accidentally step on it in it's condition. If it's able to detach from the egg sac and draw it's body part into it's belly? Then it will survive! If not?

I'm praying hard for this little one. It's been thru so much to make it this far. And this is Strawberry's only baby at this time. She's a first time Momma and I so want this baby to survive for her.

TOD
Sadly the baby didn't make it! Jethro is going to try and get Strawberry a baby tomorrow from the feed store. The baby would have been beautiful. It was black with white feathers flowing from the top of it's head down the back of it's neck.

Minnie surprised us today by giving us her first egg!

I'm beat! I've been up since 3:00 PM yesterday trying to save the baby. Jethro buried it in the chicken cemetery!

TOD
Old 09-09-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Oh, TOD, I am so sorry about the baby chick. That was so sad and made me tear up a bit. Poor baby. And poor Strawberry. Does she realize she lost her chick??

Gosh, that was really sad!!
Old 09-09-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

Oh Sugarangel! I cried enough tears for the both of us! However? Strawberry is a very happy Momma now! All 3 babies fit in my hand!

TOD
Old 09-10-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Oh my Gosh, they are the absolute cutest little babies!! They are just darling!! Congrats, Strawberry!!
Old 09-11-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh my Gosh, they are the absolute cutest little babies!! They are just darling!! Congrats, Strawberry!!
She is an excellent Momma! For this being her first time to have babies to raise? She doesn't even fuss when I take one out at night to hold and then pass on to Jethro. He took the little wee one to bed with him this evening while I was getting things shut down and cleaned up inside. LOL It snuggled up against his beard and he covered her up! Yes they are all little girls/hens/pullets! So many names! LOL Speaking of names? I now need to come up with three more names for these new babies. Dang it!

We keep trying to find Tasha's clucker to turn it off! LOL If I take Airam out of her carrier? Tasha turns the clucking on! "Give me my baby back!" LOL Then Airam starts peeping loudly! Ugh!

Ginger found out yesterday she can fly really high! Oh Lordy! I was on one side of the fence that's hip high and she wanted over there with me, Tasha and Airam. I had my back to the fence and heard flapping wings. Jethro was facing the fence and gave me an open mouthed look. LOL Crap! Just what I didn't want her to learn! And sure enough today when no one was out there with her? She flew over the fence to free range in the wide open by herself! So dangerous with all the hawks we have around here.

Having chickens is like having two year olds! So that means we have 18 and four babies! Just shoot me!

I've got several PPL pushing me to write a BOOK! Lordy! A young friend of mine with Autism does lovely drawings and said she'd draw the pictures for the book! If I did this? It really would be for her and her family! They live off the government and have very little income. I keep thinking about how Harry Potter came to be and wonder if I could possibly be a writer? Not to that extreme, but just be able to take all my stories and make it into a book? Ugh! But I wouldn't know where to start? And don't say: "Once upon a time!" LOL

Here's a couple of pics for ya!

Sherry standing on Jethro in front of the large fan behind her, with Jethro up under a truck he's working on.

TOD
Old 09-11-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Have y'all ever gotten into an argument with your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend and been told repeatedly to shut up? I hear it all the time from Jethro! It happened again today! He got so ugly and stared so hard at me, which doesn't bother me, that at one point I started telling him to shut up and asked him how he liked it? (He's never laid a hand on me and wouldn't. Just wanted to put that out there)!

The argument started over diced tomatoes and bologna that he knew we were out of for the kids. He has been working on a vehicle for two days with the owners help in his shop. I sent him a text in the middle of cleaning the kids carriers and making their goody bowls this afternoon to let him know. What was irritating he KNEW we were out of it this morning when he used it up making their morning goody bowls. I went back to cleaning the carriers. He was done with the truck repairs and was just sitting out there BS'ing.

So he comes inside with an attitude! Great! (I've been dealing with this attitude way longer than I wanted to due to some medication he's taking and no it's not the pain meds)! We get into it and I tell him it's stupid knowing something needs to be done in the morning and he puts it off. Well he in turn says: "Now you're calling me stupid?" Wonderful! I wasn't, but since he wants to label himself as such. I said: "Yes!" The argument continues and he starts telling me over and over to shut up! I then ask: "What if I don't shut up?" He then says: "I'm going to tell you to leave!" Oh hell that was the WRONG thing to say to me!

I tell him he's the one leaving not me! I've invested way too much into this place to leave it! He then asks me: "Do you think I'm afraid of you?" I come right back and ask him: "You think I'm afraid of YOU? Think again! I've been beat by men and survived! And it's awful damned funny to think you'll put me out over tomatoes and bologna!" I walked out of the room! Left him to think about how ridiculous he's being!

Well as usual he calms down and everything blows over!

I've told y'all this because there are those out there that need to learn to stand up for themselves! My neighbor is dealing with a drug using, psychotic husband that's putting her thru the ringer. I told her to take someone with her that can stand up to the bully in court or at least give her an elbow when she starts to breakdown. She said: "You're nominated!" Ummmmm NO! LOL But I'd go with her if she really wanted me to!

I've been physically and mentally abused before! I'm never going to allow that again! I'll never be concerned about Jethro laying a hand on me, because he'd never do that! But his anger and mouth get the better of him and he goes off on me. I've told him numerous times this medication he's on is making him a very angry person and he needs to discuss it with his doctor. I get the blah, blah, back! Ugh! He's under a lot of stress right now and his anger level is way up there. So add the medication to that and he's a bomb waiting to explode!

This song brings me peace! I listened to it over and over in my early recovering days when headed to meetings.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 09-11-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Great pics!!
Sorry things are going the way they are with Jethro. I hope everything gets sorted out between you two.
The Tasha and Airam story was so cute!! And Ginger?? Oh, I can so picture that!! And you said you have to pick names for the new little ones.....That's always so much fun!!
You should definitely think about writing a book!! You could be like the Erma Bombeck of chicken stories!! You are a great writer and bring such humor to your stories. I would buy that book, for sure!!

I hope things are better for you today, and I can't wait to hear what names you decided on for the babies!!
Oh yeah, and how's my little man, Brandon??
Old 09-12-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Great pics!!
Sorry things are going the way they are with Jethro. I hope everything gets sorted out between you two.
The Tasha and Airam story was so cute!! And Ginger?? Oh, I can so picture that!! And you said you have to pick names for the new little ones.....That's always so much fun!!
You should definitely think about writing a book!! You could be like the Erma Bombeck of chicken stories!! You are a great writer and bring such humor to your stories. I would buy that book, for sure!!

I hope things are better for you today, and I can't wait to hear what names you decided on for the babies!!
Oh yeah, and how's my little man, Brandon??
Jethro's back to being his wonderful self today! I try really hard to ignore/avoid him when he's in those moods. But yesterday he just pushed me too far and I snapped. I can only take so much before I unload on him! Then he's back to his sweet self again! So frustrating!

I think I'm going to name one of them Piper! Every night while sitting here at my computer I hear Strawberry and the babies behind me. If I say one word one of them pops out and starts peeping loudly. I try putting her back underneath Strawberry but she'll pop right back out peeping loudly. So it's become a habit of taking her out, snuggling her for awhile and then handing her off to Jethro! He ends up taking her to bed with himself and then I go in and rescue her. I put her in a little towel and stuck her in my sports bra to free my hands. She was warm, content and quite! LOL I don't want to name her peeper, so I'm thinking Piper would suit her!

Ahhhhhhhhhh Brandon! The little knuckle head that's tried twice to rape his teeny tiny Momma, Sherry! I'm ready to string him up by his winkie! That little boy grabbed her by her head feathers and drug her until he bumped into the fence. I appeared just in time to save her. The second time was yesterday. Jethro had just turned him loose from his outside pen. Sherry and Ginger were on one side and he was on the other. I had just climbed over the fence to collect the babies and Strawberry when I hear Sherry squealing. I look up and see he's grabbed her by the tail and is dragging her backwards. She's got her feet flat on the ground and is sliding backwards. Jethro rushes over to save her! And he's carrying one baby! Ginger is watching her Momma slide backwards with a WTH look. LOL And no she wasn't moon walking either!

Since we have so many babies and Mommas right now as well as Molly in the living room walking around? He's been spending more time out here with me in a cage right behind me. He is such a goof! If I cough? He cougar growls. If I talk to him in a high pitched voice he gets all excited! If he sees my white crocs on my feet when I turn around in my chair he mounts his paper towels. The boy is ATE UP!

I've been the one putting him to bed at night here lately. He'll snuggle his head up against my neck and make these whispering goofy sounds all the way to his clothes basket bed. His bed is right beside Gingers bed in Jethro's bedroom! His goofy ass talking when I put him in his bed and cover him up gets her stirred up and she starts doing her drip, drip, drip sounds. Then Sherry in her bed on Jethro's bed starts doing her high pitched purring. That's their sound for shut up it's bedtime. LOL With Jethro's snoring and passing gas. I call it the musical bedroom. I got so tickled when I had to wake Jethro up early one morning I had to clamp my hand over my mouth and exit the bedroom so the chickens wouldn't start stirring from hearing me laugh.

TOD
Old 09-13-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Love the name Piper. That's so cute!!

Ah Brandon.....What a silly little boy!! I can't help but laugh at his antics.

The 'musical bedroom' cracked me up!! I can imagine!!

Glad things are better with Jethro!!
Old 09-14-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Love the name Piper. That's so cute!!

Ah Brandon.....What a silly little boy!! I can't help but laugh at his antics.

The 'musical bedroom' cracked me up!! I can imagine!!

Glad things are better with Jethro!!
Piper is earning her name quite well! LOL She was peeping loudly in the carrier so I got her out and handed her over to Jethro. He sat her down on his chest and covered her with the soft Shammy. All you could see was this little bump on his chest with the top end shaped like a cone. He brought her back to me later on so he could take a shower. I pointed at the carrier and he put her back in with Strawberry. Well around 1:00 AM here she starts sounding off again! Ugh! I get her out, put her in the Shammy and head to Jethro's bedroom. I put her on the bed beside his chin and say: "Have fun! Goodnight!" She immediately got quite! The little snit!

Brandon! Mr. Dancer! I took him out of his cage out here and sat him on the couch behind Jethro sitting on the floor. He starts doing his sideways dancing across the couch. Then he'll dance back across the couch. Then he'll dance up to Jethro's shoulder and give him a little tap to get his attention! Jethro reached out for him as he's laughing at his antics. He puts him in one arm to snuggle him close. Brandon snuggles his head into Jethro's neck under his beard and starts making those whispery noises he's so good at. The two guys love each other!

Meanwhile? Molly's on the floor watching Brandon on the back of the couch with THAT look! "Young'in! Don't you be coming down here and bothering this old lady! I ain't got time for your shenanigans. Stay up there with daddy!" When she gets really pisssed or upset with others around her? She starts doing this high pitched purring! That's when she comes to the porch with Momma! LOL

Everything and everybody's good around here! We didn't get as much rain as the weather reports were saying either. Which I'm happy about!

Timer just went off! Gotta get the laundry moving from one machine to the other! Sigh!

TOD
Old 09-21-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello friends!

Shew! It is as hot as peppers on a grill outside! Come on cooler weather! I've been splitting my daytime and nighttime hours so I can get more done around here inside and outside. I try to do things outside in the early AM hours and then come inside when it gets too hot and my face looks as red as those peppers on the grill.

I had my yearly appointment at the VAH this past Monday. While there with my doctor she brought the subject up of my Lorazepam I take for my dentist appointments. I said: "I only use them for my dentist appointments. I have 6 bottles of it in my medicine spot! I told you I only take them for my dentist appointments and since I now wear dentures? I won't be needing them anymore!" Talk about a doctor's face beaming! LOL She was SOOOO delighted she could delete the prescription! And didn't have to worry about a patient going banana's over losing their valium!

She explained: "The FDA has come down on us over the pain meds and other things being prescribed. We've been told to start weaning everyone off it. Except cancer patients and other's with medical problems with severe pain". OMG! I can only imagine those with all those pills they've been popping having to now go thru this/those withdrawals. Can't y'all picture the delight on my doctor's face when I told her: "No problem! Delete the prescription!" LOL She doesn't smile too often and it was a treat to see her delight!

Jethro has been getting a refill of Hydrocodone 10MG for years each month. I've begged him to stop taking them. Yes he has legitimate reasons to take them, but he's a real ass when he's on them. So I'm saying a little prayer this is the answer to my prayers he'll stop them. When I told him Monday this was being done? He said: "Well what the hell is a person supposed to do when they really need to take one?" I said: "Take Advil!" He growled at me. I've threatened multiple times to leave due to how he acts when he's taken one. I can't stand being around him and he does his best to make me feel like sh!t while on them. So the FDA doing this is a blessing in my book! I'm sure there are many others out there saying the same thing?

Things are getting turned topsy turvy around here! Jethro is doing a lot for his mother and stepdad now that she can't drive for a month and his stepdad is starting the beginnings of Alzheimer's. They have lots of property, stocks, vehicles, etc. that is needing to be split and given to her two kids and grandkids. Lordy Mercy its a bloody battle. His mother has always loved being in control of whatever she can control. So this is hard for her to let go of things. And she's recently found out her daughter did some things behind her back that has left them not speaking to each other and Mom is pisssed as well as hurt this happened. I have NOT been involved in any of this going's on! Thank you Lord!

So today when Jethro told me his parents are going to their annual Financial dinner next week and of course he'll have to drive them? She told him to bring me to. My Lord! I had shock written ALL over my face! I haven't seen the woman in over 4 years. She doesn't like me for reasons that stem back to 2006. I've never let it bother me! I could careless who likes me or doesn't like me. I'm not changing for ANYBODY! I've never done anything bad to/towards her or said anything bad to her either! She can carry on with her dislike and be happy in her own skin. Jethro and myself are happy just where we are together and nobody's going to interfere with that.

Ironically? Since Mom is having to depend on her son now instead of her daughter? A lot of truths and information has been shared with her. She's slowly starting to see who I really am! LOL My snotty stepdaughter used to fill her head full of stuff that I was doing to her. Of course it was all lies to get Nona to hate me even more. SD wanted her daddy all to herself! Her attempts of course failed. But her Nona had the bug put in her ear and she's going to believe her granddaughter over her DIL's words. Damn how the truth hurts when PPL see who the liar is and who isn't! LOL I'm at peace with who I am today and don't let others get in my way!

Jethro finally got the coop finished today! YAY! The miniature dinosaurs can now have a larger space to roost in! Jethro was cussing the weight of it as he was moving it outside of his shop. I just laughed at him. I kept telling him to put wheels on it.

Jethro left a little bit ago to go to the feed store to deliver the tub racks for holding up the food bowls and water bowls he made for them. The woman that works there that has been so helpful to us is also receiving a gift bag from us. I love good PPL and like to let them know they are appreciated!

Here's a picture of the latest 3 babies we got! One of them is really tiny and loves to be with me and Jethro instead of in her cage with Momma and her two sisters. Jethro's been calling her 'Maria'. It's starting to stick. She's the one sitting down facing the wall. Maria, my Avatar picture, was also a runt.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 09-21-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Awwww...those baby chickies are so darn cute!!
Old 09-21-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Dang, TOD. Good job on cancelling the benzo. I imagine there ain't too many doc's that come across patients who underuse their meds.

Well, why don't you and I do a little "weather-swap"? I'll send you a little of the chilly weather we got here going on and you send me a little warm sunshine and then it should be about right for both of us? What say?
Old 09-21-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
Dang, TOD. Good job on cancelling the benzo. I imagine there ain't too many doc's that come across patients who underuse their meds.

Well, why don't you and I do a little "weather-swap"? I'll send you a little of the chilly weather we got here going on and you send me a little warm sunshine and then it should be about right for both of us? What say?
It was Lorazepam!

I'm all for that weather swap! Supposed to be 88 degrees Monday! As Blake Shelton said: "Come on!" It's in the video!

TOD
Old 09-21-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
Awwww...those baby chickies are so darn cute!!

TOD
Old 09-21-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Okay-Jethro's hands look like meat-hooks. He could crush those chicks so easy. But, that one with its head popped out doesn't look one bit scared! 88 degrees? That sounds real nice right about now. It's in the '40's where I am. I might as well be living in Alaska at this going rate. Let's do that lil weather swap. C'mon now, send me a little sunshine.