Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Notices

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Old 05-15-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

You know Sugerangel? If you weren't replying to my posts? I wouldn't continue posting! And NO I'm not saying you gotta post all the time in order for me to do so either! IK there are lot's of readers, lurkers and viewers. It's just nice to have someone replying to them! There truly is life outside of drugs! And I try to bring that freshness to these pages!

Yeah little Danny is a real screecher! He's making more and more sounds like a rooster would make too. I just laugh at him! He's real entertaining! And he thinks he's big stuff too. He's always running over to the two bigger ones picking fights. When they come after him he runs back to Momma! He'll stand on the other side of her and just look at them with that image of sticking his tongue out at them. LOL Little Minnie is getting tired of her brother. She just wishes he'd GO away!

We didn't take the kids with us to the salon! We would have though if the weather would have been worse!

Young love is correct! We dated when I was 15 and he was 17. He was sent to live with his dad and we lost contact! We were re-introduced 32 years later! I said when I was 15: "He's the man I'm going to marry!" Just didn't know it was going to be 34 years later. So we are like two teenagers living our life together!

Well you gotta know by now? Ginger is just spoiled beyond being spoiled! LOL Sherry still loves her and puts up with her. Ginger is always pulling food stuck to Sherry's face feathers off her too. Sherry just stands there while Ginger's primping her. When we put Sherry and the two big babies to bed? Ginger runs over to her daddy to sit on his chest or shoulder. She'll get down to eat and potty on their sheet I have on the floor and then runs back over to him. That girl might have started out in life in a rough way, but she's living like a queen now.

The tractor pen is really nice! Other than the small door? I'm really pleased with it. And surely you live in a much nicer place than that?

Jethro and myself met Mom at the Restaurant! We had a wonderful meal and lots of conversation. Close to being there for awhile and already done eating? Mom started PPL watching and making comments. This one woman walked by and Mom said: "I bet they lose money on her eating here at the Buffet?" I looked at her and said: "Hubba! Hubba! Then we both started laughing!" Jethro said: "Alright! Time to go!" Then Mom said: "Mom would have called her flashy!" Meaning; showing a lot of weight! My Mom is a hoot! She can find more things to comment on to laugh about than anyone I know! And NO we weren't making fun of the woman either! We would never purposely embarrass someone.

We went outside and asked Jethro to use my phone to take a picture of me and Mom. She walked over to me, I put my arm around her shoulder and then she put her head on my shoulder and snuggled into it! We started laughing and she quickly straightened up! So the picture has the both of us with smudged up faces from laughing.

You mean my TWO teeth left? LOL I'm settling into my temporary dentures quite nicely. The round painful spot on top still gives me pain, but I use anbesol to keep it from hurting so badly when I wear my dentures. My doctor prescribed me a low dose valium to take whenever I go see the dentist. I took two the morning I left for my oral surgery. Whenever I've had only one or two teeth surgically removed? I didn't have any pain meds for it. I just doubled up on my Advil gel caps. The surgery really wasn't that bad. You can also swish with warm salt water to help the healing! The main thing you need to focus on here is you are removing the thing that is causing you so much pain. Once that's removed you're pain will go away.

So I'm guessing you used my ant potion and it solved your ant problem?

BTW? We are getting more chickens! LOL

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 05-15-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ginger in her favorite spot!

These are the adults we are getting!

We are getting this coop as well as the four young chickens in it.

Eggs! Eggs! Eggs! Our two girls here will also be happy to have a Rooster around again. They've been missing Marvin!

TOD
Old 05-16-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

You're getting more chickens!! Oh my gosh!! That is actually pretty cool. If I had the space and money, I would have a house full of critters!! I loved the pic of Ginger snuggling with her daddy. It was so, so cute!! I bet it feels amazing.
Thank you for sharing your experience with your teeth. I hate going to the dentist. I also need a benzo before I go, too. And, I am worried about the pain after, and what I am going to do. So, I appreciate all your feedback very much.
By the way, I love that little house for the chickies that you showed a pic of. They are living in style!!
I am so glad you had a nice day with your mom. I didn't get to see mine, but we did talk on the phone, so that was good.
Keep posting your stories and pics. I love them. They are one nice, bright spot in my day, and I always look for them when I come here. I hope you are having a lovely day!!
Say hi to the kids for me!! lol
Old 05-17-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everybody!

LORD yes sugarangel! More chickens! LOL Here's how it came about! The story! IK you like stories!

There's this thing about PPL that own chickens and talk chickens to others! Right?

So I get a text from my salon hair gal this evening! Her step daughter is looking to get rid of her chickens, coop, feeders, water containers, etc. for $175.00! She works full time and is now going to college full time. She doesn't have the time to spend with them like she'd like to. Plus she has a 4 yro son.

My husband is out in the shop and I'm in the house. So I start copying the texts and sending them to him. Then I say: "Go get them!" No answer back! Two minutes later he walks in the door and says: "WTF"! ROFL And of course my mind is saying to myself: "Are you CRAZY?" But? As you can see from the pictures? I couldn't turn them down!

They are Heritage Rhode Island Reds! She bought them from a licensed poultry breeder! She paid $10.00 a piece per each one day old chick. So that's $40.00 up front. Then she paid $300.00 for the coop! It's one rooster, 2 hens and four young ones already feathered out! She says they are very friendly!
My hair gal thought of us because we just recently lost our Marans Rooster, Marvin, this past Easter Day weekend! He was 7 yrso! We bought him two hens a year ago because he had outlived all his hens. Now they are w/o a rooster!

We have a chain link dog pen that's a 100 X 100 X 100 X 100 ft. in size. My husbands shop is just inside the dog pen too! We are going to put the coop inside the pen so they can run loose inside it during the day. When everyone learns to get along? We'll let them free range on the entire fenced in two acres! We don't let our Silkies interact with the larger breeds though.

We got our new crew home! My husband immediately turned on the air compressor and grabbed the scraper for the coop! He said: "There's NO WAY I'll let MY kids sleep in that!" Let's just say it hasn't been cleaned in a LONG time. He's going to power wash it in the daylight and in the sun so it can dry before they go back in it again. I turned the crew loose in a covered pen and gave them a fresh bowl of water along with all sorts of different seeds. They all drank water until I thought they were going to drown. They all got excited over the food.

The food they were being fed was egg laying pellets only. The water container was so thick in sludge it was horrible. When the door was opened on them to take them out to put in the carriers at their other home? There was a swarm of nats and mosquitoes in there with them. ARGH! I'll get them sprayed with my Vanilla spray later today to help keep the nats off them. They are horrible this time of year! They'll kill a chicken QUICK. The chickens will also go insane trying to get away from them.

All in all? They are beautiful chickens. The 4 young ones are 11 wks old. And I do believe one of them just might be a rooster! LOL Time will tell! We are going to need to figure out a way to separate the young ones from their mother too. She was severely pecking them while in the pen. Ugh! The large rooster is very friendly! She was holding him before we put him in his carrier to leave. She started tearing up and I told her: "You know me? From the Salon! You know we take very good care of our chickens? And you know where we live? Come visit them whenever you want to!"

She did her best to care for them with a hectic schedule and a A-hole husband that hated them. They've landed in a wonderful place and will be well cared for now.

I sent her pictures of them today! Told her what all we did for them in their first 24 hours here. Her reply was: "Awesome!" She's TRULY happy we are the ones that got them. Her stepmom had told her many stories about how we treat our chickens/kids here! She didn't know it was US that were coming to get them. When we pulled into the driveway she started smiling, pointed a finger at me and said: "I KNOW YOU!" LOL Half of her heartache dissolved at seeing who was taking her babies!

One thing I left out of my original story was: "She's cleaning house, getting ready to leave her husband!" She's had enough! After spending only 30 minutes around her husband? I can understand WHY! Ugh! I told her: "I truly understand what you're going thru! I sold a little over 50 chickens in 2006 when I was doing the same thing!" She walked over and hugged me. I told her at the end of our texting: "You're babies are in a good home! Now it's your turn to get busy!" She answered: "I know! Right?"

TOD
Old 05-17-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by sugarangel View Post
You're getting more chickens!! Oh my gosh!! That is actually pretty cool. If I had the space and money, I would have a house full of critters!! I loved the pic of Ginger snuggling with her daddy. It was so, so cute!! I bet it feels amazing.
Thank you for sharing your experience with your teeth. I hate going to the dentist. I also need a benzo before I go, too. And, I am worried about the pain after, and what I am going to do. So, I appreciate all your feedback very much.
By the way, I love that little house for the chickies that you showed a pic of. They are living in style!!
I am so glad you had a nice day with your mom. I didn't get to see mine, but we did talk on the phone, so that was good.
Keep posting your stories and pics. I love them. They are one nice, bright spot in my day, and I always look for them when I come here. I hope you are having a lovely day!!
Say hi to the kids for me!! lol
Well I wouldn't know about snuggling with Ginger! She sees me and runs to her daddy. She gives me that look of: "Can't touch this" every time. Jethro gets such a kick out of it! He'll take a picture of her sitting on his chest and send it to me in a text while I'm sitting here in the porch room. With the words: "Can't touch this!" The Putz!

Sounds like you are REALLY psyching yourself up on the dental stuff? The dentist will deaden the areas he's going to operate on. You won't feel a thing. The pain you'll feel after the surgery is nothing compared to what you're feeling now. You'll have some discomfort and will feel some tenderness for a couple days. Advil gel caps is what kept me out of pain. And the salt rinses! If you smoke? Cover the holes with some cotton balls stuck in them with some vaseline so you don't end up getting a dry socket. Those are very painful!

That chicken house is really small. It fit in the back of our double cabbed long based pickup! I'm 5'7 and I'm taller than it is. It's made for two chickens to use it. There's seven in it! Looks like hubby's going to need to build another tractor pen. And we'll have to put a fence around the coop with a wire cover over it. If it's not one thing? It's another! Dollars! Dollars! Dollars! Fortunately we do have some fencing leftover from putting up fence around our two acres we can use.

Around dark thirty yesterday evening I had Molly outside eating some grass. The coyotes cranked up their yipping in the woods behind us. I looked at the coop and said: "And that's why you need to stay on THIS side of the fence!"

Anytime I'm with Mom we have a wonderful time! I'm sorry you have so many problems with your Mom! Drugs and alcohol turn us into PPL that we really don't want to be, but the pull to use and drink is hard to ignore.

As for posting? I'm just a woman living a good life after many years on pain pills! And many years of being ordered around while in the Army! I bring my stories here of my every day life to show others it's possible to live a good life after drugs! My chickens help to keep me focused on good things. They are a joy to watch, they give us eggs and keep us entertained! We love them! They are part of our family! They give me reasons to get up each day to care for them too. I've lived a difficult life in many ways, but not anymore!

LOL I tell them often: "Wait till I tell sugarangel what you did?" LOL

Everyone have a nice day!

TOD
Old 05-21-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hey, I discovered attachments!! Thought you might like this......

powers of cuteness.jpg
Old 05-21-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

If I die and come back as a chicken can I come live with you tod??
Old 05-21-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Attachment 31982
Hmmmmmmmmm Can't open the attachment!
Old 05-21-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
If I die and come back as a chicken can I come live with you tod??
Why certainly!

Glad to see you here Tea!

TOD
Old 05-21-2017, 10:15 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm Can't open the attachment!
Big Sigh.....
Old 05-22-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Attachment 31982
Adorable
Old 05-22-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Posting pictures!

Buffalo and his crew!

Molly out eating grass with a baby bunny close by!

Taking Lilly to the Vet early Wednesday morning. She's the red hen! She's not been acting right and I can't figure out what her problem is.

TOD
Old 05-23-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I swear I'm going to pinch little Ginger's beak off! She is such a little snit! Jethro is also having way too much laughter over her actions. Here I come! Walking into the living room while she's on his shoulder. She'll let me get just within reach of her and then she'll jump up and run off from me. Jethro keeps asking thru his laughter: "What did you DO to her to make her run from you?" I say: "Nothing! But I'm gonna!" Ugh!

As of yesterday evening? She now follows Jethro to his bedroom, waits on the floor for him to get into bed and then flies up on him and walks down to her little snuggle area beside his chest and settles in for the night! I told him after kissing him goodnight: "It's a good thing you don't work anymore?" He asked, why? I said: "Because you'd never get any sleep!" He said: "Oh I thought you were going to say I'd have to take cages to work with me?" I laughed! Then he said: "Can't you see me getting out of my truck? Getting a red wagon out and loading it with cages full of chickens? Then pulling it inside!" I said: "Now that would be a sight to see!" LOL

Molly discovered this evening she loves sugar cookies with icing. I'm still eating the ones I bought back before Easter. I gave her a little bit of one and after nibbling at it she dove in. She's adding to her basket ball sized body!

Molly and Tasha attacked each other this afternoon. They both were pulled a part with feathers in their mouths. I call that "Evidence"! One of the bigger babies also had evidence in it's beak from nailing little Danny! Feathers be flying around here! Jethro is ready to send the two bigger babies to my sister. I keep telling him: "Not yet!"

Several days ago I stayed up all day and worked on getting a little Oak tree cleared out from two smaller trees, loads of limbs and vines every where! The poor thing was smothered and strangled underneath all of that. The top of the tree trunk looks moldy. I'm hoping now that it can get some sun it will improve and keep growing.

Here's the little Oak Tree! The only room it had to grow and to see sun was towards the large tree. That white bird house is full of beautiful blue birds each summer!

I was climbing all over that slick metal roofing in order to reach the limbs and vines I was clearing out. Like sliding on ice half the time. And there were thousands of ants in between the sheets of roofing. So I'd spray them with poison and then climb back up on top of it which was even slicker now. Jethro was waiting for me to crash and burn. I told him I was fine!

Here's a stack of some limbs I cut down. As well as those damned vines.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 05-23-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

The Song Of The One Legged Chicken

by- Tom T. Hall

(I used to sing this a lot growing up)

[Chorus:]
Do you like true stories? I do
That's why I'm singing this song
A song about a one legged chicken
Who lives in the straw on the floor in my barn

[Verse 1:]
I remember the day she was hatched out
The vet came to see her and said
"She has only one leg, she'll never grow up"
He said that chick would be better off dead.

verse 2
I said, "No, let's just let her keep growing
We'll just wait and we'll see how she gets"
Before very long she was hopping
And pecking and chasing the bugs with the rest

verse 3
And now she is a beautiful chicken
Though she has only one leg
When I go to see her each morning
She hops from the nest and she leaves me an egg
And she cackles

[Chorus:]
Do you like true stories? I do
That's why I've sung you this song
The song about the one legged chicken
Who lives on the floor in my barn
Old 05-23-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

So, generally speaking I was a "nice" country girl....but still had a bit of a curious, devious, experimental mind. One of our banty hens was trying desperately to hatch out some chicks. But she had bad eggs or something...I can't remember totally...and it just wasn't happenin;. So, we had ducks too and duck eggs. We thought we would see what would happen if we put a duck egg under that banty hen. So, we did and she sat on it till it hatched out and it was her only baby. Well, that was HER baby even if it wasn't her egg and she was so proud of that baby duck...she treated it just like she would have treated a baby banty; she mothered it...and banty's were the best mothers...everything was going fine and she seemed to take to motherhood right well....until ONE day that little duckling jumped into a puddle of water and started swimming around...oh my gosh that mother banty was FRANTIC...this was NOT RIGHT...her baby was NOT supposed to be in water at all let alone swimming....it was quite the thing....and she squaked at it like she was saying, "Get out of that water right now, right this very minute!!" Oh my. It was quite the thing.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:14 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everybody!

Who has seen this movie? Sandra Bullock in a Rehab Center! It is a great movie!

TOD
Old 05-23-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Awesome movie!! Loved the German guy. lol. He was so afraid he'd never have a relationship cuz his plant died. Too funny.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
So, generally speaking I was a "nice" country girl....but still had a bit of a curious, devious, experimental mind. One of our banty hens was trying desperately to hatch out some chicks. But she had bad eggs or something...I can't remember totally...and it just wasn't happenin;. So, we had ducks too and duck eggs. We thought we would see what would happen if we put a duck egg under that banty hen. So, we did and she sat on it till it hatched out and it was her only baby. Well, that was HER baby even if it wasn't her egg and she was so proud of that baby duck...she treated it just like she would have treated a baby banty; she mothered it...and banty's were the best mothers...everything was going fine and she seemed to take to motherhood right well....until ONE day that little duckling jumped into a puddle of water and started swimming around...oh my gosh that mother banty was FRANTIC...this was NOT RIGHT...her baby was NOT supposed to be in water at all let alone swimming....it was quite the thing....and she squaked at it like she was saying, "Get out of that water right now, right this very minute!!" Oh my. It was quite the thing.
It is fascinating how a setting hen will hatch anything in an egg! But that would also include golf balls, fake ceramic eggs, small bowls, light bulbs, etc. They have a one track mind! LOL They become very protective of their babies, no matter what it is!

When I lived on the Dairy Farm in WI? I had my Appaloosa mare bred to an Arabian Stallion. She gave birth on a moon lit night. Several days later the colt went under the hotwire. That mare was freaking out. She wouldn't go near that wire though. I yelled for the Farmer to turn the hotwire off. He laughed and said: "It's been off since she gave birth!" Well damn! Animals are smart and know when there's danger!

My dad raised guineas! One day when I was a little girl I saw two males fighting. No matter how much I yelled at them? They wouldn't stop. So I picked a small rock up and threw it at them. Well be damned if I didn't hit one in the head. It fell over, laying there still. Oh snit! I just squatted down, wrapped my arms around my legs and placed my chin on my knees and rocked back and forth. I just knew my dad was going to skin me alive for killing his guinea! Well before too long? That guinea got up and stumbled off. Shew!

Around 8 yrs old I went out to the pump house to turn on the water faucet. I was barefoot and stood in the puddle from the dripping water. I grabbed the faucet to turn it on and started screaming. It was shocking the crap out of me. I couldn't turn loose of it! Dad heard me screaming and came running. He grabbed me off the faucet and quickly turned it off! He made sure I was okay and then immediately checked the ground wire on the system. Mice had chewed thru the wires. He quickly replaced it and I was never shocked again. Thank goodness dad was an electrician!

TOD
Old 05-23-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

awesome movie!! Loved the german guy. Lol. He was so afraid he'd never have a relationship cuz his plant died. Too funny.
ikr?
Old 05-27-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

A gift for you.....
Thank you!! You are an awesome teacher!!