Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Notices

Old 01-15-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

continues from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-clean-21.html

D

Last edited by Dee74; 01-15-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You hit 500 posts Tod...yay!!!
Old 01-15-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

LORDY! How'd that happen?

Thanks Dee for starting a new Thread for me! I should have come up with a different name. Oh well! Rolling onwards towards my 2nd year clean!

TOD
Old 01-15-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Great stuff, bud.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you want a different thread name let me know TOD,

D
Old 01-15-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Great stuff, bud.
LOL I'm a GIRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL! ROFL

How'd I manage to become a guy from using a name: TiredOfDrugs? ACK!

TOD
Old 01-15-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If you want a different thread name let me know TOD,

D
Oh Cool!

How about: TOD's a GIRL?
TOD's still Rambling?
TOD's squawking again?
TOD's staying Clean?

Okay! This is it: TOD and the Peeps!

Thanks Dee!

TOD
Old 01-15-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Great stuff, bud.
Thank you Thumpalumpacus! Just kidding around with ya!
But seriously! I grew up a Tomboy! But I am a girl!

TOD
Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratz tod! Keep on keepin on
Old 01-16-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Sorry for all the Thread confusion! Didn't want to go another 500 with the one year name! I'm in my 6th month past that mile stone now! Looking forward to the 2nd year off the pain meds (Hydrocodone 10MG) now!

Y'all know I've already declared "I'm NO cook" on here. So tonight I got this wild hair to try something! I had three apples that were going to go bad SOON if I didn't use them! So I peeled and diced them all up into a small pan. I added sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and 3/4's stick of butter to it! I cooked it down to where the ingriedients was a thick mixture! The apples were still solid though! While this was cooking I took a can of biscuits and rolled them out flat with a glass! I then took a spoon of the apple stuff and placed it on one flattened biscuit! Then I took another flat biscuit and put on top. I used a fork to close the edges all the way around it. I popped them into the oven for 10 minutes on 400 degrees. I then put one in a bowl and added vanilla ice cream to it. Then I handed it to Jethro! He came out here to tell me he was eating two more of them - they were delicious! SCORE!!!!!!!! LOL Those apples would have rotted away in their bag if I'd still been on the pain meds! I would have had NO initiative to try anything new back then!

And that job I did to get the pen ready for the big kids to use during the cold days? HAH! I would have had to pop lots of pills to do that! Those pills are so good at tricking me (us) into believing we can't live w/o them! There are so many other things I can take/use to help with my aches and pains now I wish I'd known this years ago!

My cactus juice helps to rid my body of the arthritis pain. I immediately know when I've slacked off on using it. Little areas start talking dirty to me. My Meloxicam helps with other aches I have! And then there's my Advil gel caps! For fevers I use my baby asprin! I never felt like these things worked for me until I got the pain meds out of my system and gave these things time to do their job! OH! I don't want to forget the Lidocain patches for my back either!

Losing weight and this stomach at a slow pace is also helping me too! I stand up straighter now compared to when I had the large stomach pulling me forward. Ugh! That is so painful on my back! My shoes are loose on my feet now and I'm having to pull the strings tighter.

I now believe we were all created from space! Yep! I came to that conclusion after watching a new Nova show! So we started off as aliens! What do y'all think about that? And rocks contributed to it! Yep! Anyhow! It's peeked my interest! Yeah Yeah I know my mother gave birth to me! But think about where the first man/woman came from millions and millions of years ago! And don't tell me Adam and Eve!

And here's something else for ya! The ground squirrels in California use shed skins from rattlers to rub on themselves and babies whenever they are being threatened by a rattlesnake! The scent throws the rattler off and it slithers away! Amazing! Ever sense I started this close relationship with chickens I've learned they are extremely intelligient as well! All species have their own unique ways to do things though! It intrigues the crap out of me to learn things like this!

Okay! I've talked enough!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 01-16-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tod you always make me smile x
Old 01-17-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Tod you always make me smile x
Old 01-17-2016, 02:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I was texting with a good friend all night! Didn't get a chance to post tonight.

Everyone have a clean day! Talk with a friend and do some smiling!

TOD
Old 01-17-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

congrads!
Old 01-17-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Night owl

Congrats TOD! I know which show you mean and I missed it! Now I wish I watched it, lol! And yep, to quote Carl Sagan, we are all star stuff, made from the same stuff that makes stars and planets and galaxies, how cool is that?! I like the idea that when I die I will become molecules that can make up stars again....
Old 01-19-2016, 01:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

I went out to meet family from out of state last night for supper! Mom came here to go with us too! (I had to get up earlier than usual and was waxed by 2:30 AM)! Since we left the restaurant after dark we had to drive her home! (Well we offered to drive her home if it was after dark when we left the restaurant!) I followed Jethro and mom driving mom's car. We visited with her for over an hour and then came home. The little two chi's were so excited to see us they wouldn't eat! LOL Maggie Myrtle loves playing rough with me! Then she'll jump up beside me on the couch and roll over on her back to have her belly scratched.

Jethro and I have had a couple of serious talk sessions this evening! He's in a MOOD now! First one was about his daughter and the 2nd one was about his weight! NEVER subjects he's happy discussing! Oh well! His daughter is trying to talk him into coming up to her town for every reason she can think of! Jethro brought up the subject about getting a teeter hangup and I told him if he'd lose that belly first he probably wouldn't need the teeter hangup! And that large belly would suffocate him when he turned himself upside down with it falling onto his chest. He got a little angry when I was talking about being careful where his daughter was concerned. She is on the prowl to pull him into her grips away from ME! I mean! Good luck with that, but I don't like her games! The two months she lived with us after turning 18 proved to me she was a little go getter where men were concerned! Including her DADDY! ARGH! Thankfully Jethro really didn't give a damn about her little flirting ways! It made me uneasy as hell though!

I've started watching the new show: "Live to tell"! It's about soldiers! I thought about my Dad's story from when he was in the Navy! I'll share some of it with y'all!

He was on a ship asleep. His shift at midnight came up and he was woke up to cover it. While standing at the helm steering the ship he hit a floating mine! It was dark and he never saw it! The mine blew out the compartment where he would have been asleep just hours before! Killing many a sailor! He was so ate up with guilt for hitting that mine he began to drink! And that's how he became an alcoholic! He never talked to me about this guilt until I did the recordings of his stories the month before he passed. The names were called out over the air and his parents heard his name called as being one of the sailors that was killed because they misspelled one of the sailor's names back then. When Dad came walking up the driveway to his parent's home they were shocked to see him. So as you've read? If he'd still been asleep in that sleeping compartment? I would never have been born.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 01-19-2016, 01:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post
Congrats TOD! I know which show you mean and I missed it! Now I wish I watched it, lol! And yep, to quote Carl Sagan, we are all star stuff, made from the same stuff that makes stars and planets and galaxies, how cool is that?! I like the idea that when I die I will become molecules that can make up stars again....
Here's the link: NOVA - Official Website | Life's Rocky Start

Maybe you can watch it on the Internet or thru the On Demand program? It's well worth watching!

TOD
Old 01-19-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
congrads!
Thanks Cobra!
I'm still plowing away at staying away from those opiates! So So So bad for myself!

TOD
Old 01-20-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

It's raining tonight/early morning! Further North of us it's freezing rain though. In a couple of days we are supposed to get freezing rain and some snow. I've already had Jethro make the milk and bread run for us! And tomatoes! Can't have the kids running out of tomatoes!

Suzuki: I used that Roast recipe you posted awhile back on the other Thread! Just delicious! I shared the recipe with my new neighbor's wife too! Thanks for posting that recipe for others to use! I made mashed potatoes and browned gravy with the drippings out of the crockpot! Added a can of corn to go along with everything! It was a really nice supper! Molly enjoyed some of the roast too!

Jethro went to the furniture store today to pick Mom's new Recliner up for her. I called her this evening and told her to get out of that new recliner! She was going to wear it out! LOL She got a good laugh out of it and told me she was sitting in it with a chi dog on each side of her! She wanted a bigger recliner so she could pull her legs up into it beside her butt and still have room for the dogs! She told me the other day she had gone to look at recliners and she was going to use some of Dad's insurance money from his death to buy it! I told her: "Use it Mom! You can't take it with you!" He's been gone for over two yrs now!

Ever since Dad passed I've had these events outside where there wouldn't be any wind blowing and out of the blue a limb close to me would start moving. Then a wind would blow down on me! I've always figured it was Dad saying hello! So the other night when I had Molly outside I was standing around waiting on her to finish her potty job and eating grass. All of a sudden a huge gust of wind hit the tent and blew the front flaps out at me! Scared the crap out of me and Molly took off running! Then I started laughing and said to the sky: "Hello Dad! Didn't mean to ignore ya!" There was another gust of wind thru the tent and then it all stopped! Y'all believe the way y'all want to about y'all's loved ones that have passed! I feel my Dad comes around to tell me hello!

Several days after his passing I was standing outside with Molly after dark! I was crying and said: "I wish there was some way Dad you could let me know you're around?" Right after that a cat came hauling butt across the yard to run under my barn! OMG! My heart dropped to my feet! I started laughing and thought to myself! "Okay Dad! I know you're here!" He never was a cat person! I can just picture him goose'ing that cat in the butt to make it run in my direction! Sorry cat ppl! Don't mean anything bad by this!

I'm still soda/coke free! Still losing weight and inches! I eat good meals and very little snacks! And still pain med free! There are cokes, pain meds and snacks in the house too!

I had a scare yesterday! I woke up with my left arm hurting! I ran thru my memories and couldn't think of anything I'd done that would cause it to be hurting. Then when I went to bed it started hurting more and the pain went up into my shoulder too! Then my heart started beating hard against my chest! Oh Hell! I was wondering if I was going to have a heart attack? I chewed up 4 baby asprin and took a BP pill. Within 30 minutes my heart calmed down and most of the pain subsided! Shew! I was to the point I was asking myself if I needed to wake Jethro up? I didn't though! I finally fell asleep and I woke up with no problems today!

Maria was on the back of the couch this evening while Jethro and I were eating supper! Here comes Sherry running down the hallway, sounding like a small dog running, to the living room. Sherry jumps up on the couch and sees Maria. I looked at Jethro and said: "Oh boy! Here we go! Maria is looking at Sherry with that look! Don't you dare come up here!" Then I see Sherry dancing from one foot to the other while squatting down to make the jump! I say to Jethro: "Oh I see you Maria! And yes I'm coming up there with you! Watch me!" And then she jumps! Maria puts off this look of pure disgust! Maria looks at us with that look! "My parents would do something about HER if they loved me?" Then Sherry moves over to where she's right beside Maria! Maria doesn't move! But she does turn her head to where it's as far away from Sherry as she can get it! Oh Jethro and I were laughing so hard at them! Sherry was primping and stopped to look at us with her HUH? look! Then went back to primping!

I had Jethro bring Jennifer inside this evening! She's been sneezing like crazy for a week now. I've been giving her medicine every day, but with the weather turning really cold I don't want/need her any sicker! She's in Mr. Cotton's large carrier in the chicken bedroom now! I've been concerned about her not having any feathers on her belly to keep herself warm once it started getting cold for just this reason. And here we are with her sick! ARGH! Sherry won't care she's in there with her. She's used to being around large chickens from her previous home.

TOD
Old 01-20-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OH suki44883! Sorry about the misspell! Didn't mean to call you a motorcycle!

TOD