SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!') (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/383049-welcome-tods-clean-time-tod-one-year-clean.html)

Check 07-07-2016 06:06 AM

Wow TOD, congratulations that's so impressive :)

NoelleR 07-07-2016 03:06 PM

I'm a bit confused by a couple of things you wrote here.

First you wrote...............:

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs (Post 6033399)
...as of today I have TWO years clean off the opiates!...
Cold Turkeyed off them! I was SOOO ready to be done with them!...

But then you go on to say................:

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs (Post 6033399)
...I purposely run out early on my script and that way I know I can't get anymore for several weeks. It's a scary day when that 1st detox day arrives, but I know there's better days down the road! I just have to keep those thoughts while I'm going thru the w/d's!...
TOD

Perhaps it's just the change in tense, but it almost sounds like you use your scripts and not looking forward to your 1st detox day, and that you might even be going through withdrawals............??

(o:

Timebuster 07-07-2016 05:33 PM

Well, well if it isn't my good old friend the chicken lady :lmao

Long time no see and congratulations on your two years.

I text you five years ago I'm still waiting for you to text me back :lmao

Seriously though, good to see you back hope you hang around for a while.

TB

Timebuster 07-07-2016 05:37 PM

Oh, and tell Jethro I said hello :tyou

TB

Tiredofdrugs 07-07-2016 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Timebuster (Post 6034529)
Well if it isn't my good old friend the chicken lady :lmao

Long time no see and congratulations on your two years.

I text you five years ago I'm still waiting for you to text me back :lmao

Thank you TB! Andddddddddddd ROFL You Putz! We are known as the "Chicken PPL" now thru the Pizza Hut delivery PPL! LOL They LOVE us!

Yep! It's truly nice to reach this TWO year mark again! It's sad to see how PPL get clean and continue to stay stuck in their ruts! Whatever they might be! I want freedom in my life from those things that drug me down! And it's being accomplished with my daily persistence!

Love ya Dear Friend!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 07-07-2016 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Timebuster (Post 6034537)
Oh, and tell Jethro I said hello :tyou

TB

You mean you can't see him glowing from happiness? He's like a little boy on Christmas morning with this barn actually getting started! He/We have been waiting since October! Ugh!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 07-07-2016 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by NoelleR (Post 6034281)
I'm a bit confused by a couple of things you wrote here.

First you wrote...............:

But then you go on to say................:

Perhaps it's just the change in tense, but it almost sounds like you use your scripts and not looking forward to your 1st detox day, and that you might even be going through withdrawals............??

(o:

There is a reason I write in paragraphs! The first paragraph is why I'm posting today! I have made it to two years clean off the pain meds!

The paragraph in reference to the CT'ing event was two years ago! I used to get 60 pills a month by prescription! If I used them up early? I had to wait for the following month to get my next prescription! I could never wean myself off them, so I'd always use more and just run out of them! That forced me into a CT day and by the time I had a few weeks clean off the pills? I cancelled the prescription! That's what I was explaining to anyone new here that might be looking for a way to stop their pain meds! :)

This is a long running Thread and I didn't want to start a new one with my good news! Sorry if it all sounded confusing!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 07-23-2016 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Soberwolf (Post 6033419)
Awesome job on 2 years clean TOD :hug: you lady are amazing

Thank you Soberwolf!

You've done a lot of healing yourself in your own sobriety! :)

Once we've had enough of our DOC? We get serious about staying away from it!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 07-23-2016 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Check (Post 6033631)
Wow TOD, congratulations that's so impressive :)

Thank you Check!

It takes one day at a time to achieve years of clean time! No matter what day a person is on? Just remember when you lay your head down to sleep at the end of your day it's another day added!

It's persistence a person has to live with to stay clean! There's always something around the corner that causes us to want to pick that drug up! But we can't! One slip and we slide backwards! Our brain screams for more and we start the chaos all over again! So I've learned to say: "Don't!" Then I remind myself of all the chit I'll have to go thru to detox off it again! No thank you!

TOD

Soberwolf 07-23-2016 04:13 AM

I always look forward to you posting TOD how are the silkies xxx

Tiredofdrugs 07-31-2016 01:41 AM

Hi everyone!

Things have been good for me and Jethro! We are moving forward w/o the opiates running thru our systems! I have over two years off the crap! I don't miss that life one little bit!

I said earlier in this Thread we were going to build a barn/shop for Jethro to work out of! Well it's been started! It's been fun watching him get all excited over this new shop being built! He's been wanting one since the 70's! The look on his face is pure bliss! Now it's happening! :c011:

Of course it took me getting myself off the opiates and getting my life back on track to make this happen! Staying strung out on the pain meds I did good just to get the bills paid each month! There was no way I could manage getting a shop built! Those damned pain pills killed my desire to do anything! I've wasted so many years being buried in the pill bottle that I'm now making up for lost time!

Here's a song that will lift your spirits up! It's my life! I'm now FREE! Are you ready to be FREE of those chains? It starts with day one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhEnbUiKnCQ

[IMG]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9tbyjamd.jpg[/IMG]

TOD

Soberwolf 07-31-2016 02:58 AM

Looks amazing Tod xxx congratulations xxx

finaltime 07-31-2016 06:58 AM

Tod is back!!!!!!!! this makes me happy. And wow 2 years...that is amazing. and the barn looks great. I also know the feeling way too well of being buried in the pill bottle. The pills have taken control of my life for way too long, thank GOD today I don't have to wake up and grab a pill to get started.

Welcome back. Good work.

Tiredofdrugs 08-01-2016 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by finaltime (Post 6071160)
Tod is back!!!!!!!! this makes me happy. And wow 2 years...that is amazing. and the barn looks great. I also know the feeling way too well of being buried in the pill bottle. The pills have taken control of my life for way too long, thank GOD today I don't have to wake up and grab a pill to get started.

Welcome back. Good work.

LOL finaltime! I almost think you missed me with this post?

I'm still doing good! The chickie chickens are all doing well too! They are still spoiled as ever! We are keeping them nice and cool in the house! I've been reading other posts where so many are dying from the heat! :( We are going to be back under heat warnings this week! It was 106 here today with the heat factor!

You are doing wonderful on staying clean! And not smoking either! WOW! I still have to accomplish that one! But it's a road I'll have to cross later! I have dental work ahead of me that looks like they are going to remove a lot of teeth! :( I'm trying to wrap my mind around that fact!

I have medical issues I need to get taken care of too! It took me to get past the OMG thoughts to get them started! I've already started the dieting issue last year! It will be a year this month I've stopped drinking the coke a cola's! I've also stopped drinking anything but water. I drink milk when I eat something though!

It's hard making changes, but it's got to be done! I pick a day! Run out of whatever I'm trying to stop and proceed onward! I read something somewhere one day that made me stop and think: "A baby only cries when it's hungry or needs a changing!" So why do I sit around snacking and drinking cokes? I stopped that! There is way more out there that's really bad for me than what I need to survive! So the changes were started!

Anyhow! I'll pop in from time to time! I think about you and a few others on here quite often! :) Take care!

TOD

Soberwolf 08-01-2016 03:15 AM

:hug:

finaltime 08-01-2016 05:31 AM

Speaking of dieting, I am starting that today. I did so good that one year I joined crossfit and got in great shape, the broke my wrist at crossfit and went right back to the meds...ugh..

well since I quick smoking and using I have gained so much weight. I am 230 now, which I have never been well except when pregnant... so been back at the gym for 3 weeks. Now time to get the eating part going...

good to hear from you. we can do anything we want if we put our mind to it.

Tiredofdrugs 08-01-2016 07:00 PM

Good luck finaltime with the diet! I take two different pills to keep my appetite under control! W/o them I feel like I'm starving! It's our sugar levels that gets us into trouble. Since I've cut out the sweets and chips. I can actually taste the sugar in carrots, potatoes, etc. I thought I'd never give up cokes! I went thru a 2 liter bottle a day! But I did! I went back to drinking slightly homemade sweet tea! Now I'm drinking water! I've noticed even Jethro has been drinking just water for the past two days! :) He quit smoking two years ago and has also packed on the weight! I keep telling him: "Maria's going to miss her daddy at night when he ends up in the hospital with a heart attack!" I can't bring her to the hospital to sleep on a pillow beside his head like she does here at home!

Yes we are mentally stronger than we think we are! It takes seven days to get over something! Just 7 days! I compare that to years of popping pills and just shake my head! I'm concerned about the ordeal I'll be going thru with getting all these teeth pulled too! Advil gel caps works great now for my pain! So that's what I'm planning on taking when this day arrives!

I was cleaning the pit area a little bit ago and kept smelling something foul! When I was done cleaning I checked the rat trap! Yep! Another one bit the dust! I had Jethro dispose of it! That makes the sixth one! The mice, rats and ants are really a problem this year! But we are still winning the war against them!

We were under heat warnings today! Ugh! I'll be so happy to see cooler temps!

Hello tbeit, TB and Soberwolf!

Everyone stay safe and have a good day!

TOD

Timebuster 08-02-2016 09:32 AM

Hello dear one, how the heck are you doing?

Your getting your teeth pulled out? You know how much I hate the dentist so I wish you all the luck in the world.

Weather has been very very hot here I can't wait for the cold weather to come.

Let Jethro know I said hello

love ya
TB

Tiredofdrugs 08-03-2016 12:53 AM

Hey Hey TB! It's good to see you! :)

Yeah the old teeth are coming out! It's way past time! I've really dreaded it, but I'm tired of the pain and infections! Welcome to what can happen when you do drugs, drink alcohol, smoke and drink sugar drinks! Ugh! At least it isn't costing me anything to get it done! That would be a pain on top of pain!

So what did you think about Jethro's shop being built? Gonna be nice when it's all done and everything is put in it! We already have everything going in it! Just gotta get the wall and roof put on it! Then Jethro will do the wiring and plumbing! He's like a little boy getting his first bike! LOL I'll be happy to get him moved out of the living room! Can't get a damned thing done in the house anymore! ARGH!

I've been talking a lot with chicken PPL! Really enjoying the conversations! The old man Marvin isn't doing too well in this heat! So I keep him inside until an hour before dark. Then I let him out to visit the two girls! They're young'uns compared to Marvin's 6 years of age!

So what have you been up to? You've been too quite! :c024: Are you going to have knee surgery?

Well I better get busy cleaning! Mom's coming later today! :)

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 08-11-2016 12:58 AM

Hi everyone!

Our barn is finally built! Now the fun part begins! Getting it wired up and everything moved inside of it!

I celebrate two years and one month off the pain meds at this time too! Things really do turn out for the better when I get off the crap and start putting my affairs back in order!

I'm wishing everyone clean times and new beginnings in their lives!

TOD

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...pszuafw9ei.jpg