Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Notices

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Old 06-22-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by sugarangel View Post
Hey!! Thanks for the latest updates!! I am so glad the babies are doing better. I was worried about them. It's awful when your animal babies get sick.
Loved the pics. My gosh you have a lot to do, caring for all them chickens!! And btw, I was wondering what chickens eat. Besides like corn, I mean. I know I sound dumb, but I am curious. I could google it, but it's more fun asking you!!
Hope things are going better with you and Jethro. Like I said before.....You are a strong person to have pills floating around your house and not taking them. And I would bet that even if he doesn't ever say it, Jethro is proud of you for that. And respects it. I know I do!!
Ruffle the kids' feathers for me and tell them Sugar says hey!!
Have a peachy day!!
The question is? What DON'T chickens eat? LOL If it blows in the wind, wiggles, moves? They'll eat it! I guess the only thing I haven't seen them eat? Is ants! And LORD how I wish they would! I'm tired of spraying poison around the property to keep them at bay! The little black ants have pretty much taken over around here. They are pushing the red fire ants further and further off the property! But the black ants sting also! Ugh!

We are like working on an assembly line around here when it comes to the chickens! LOL I usually send Jethro a text when I get started on cleaning the carriers and getting their food/water bowls prepared. I say: "Chicken time!" He'll then come inside and help. I accidentally sent the message to my neighbor one day! LOL She said: "Dinner?" I told her it was meant for Jethro! Not dinner!

You know I really don't think about those pills being around here. I can't/won't take them, so they aren't always floating around in my brain! Plus seeing Jethro act the way he does on them? I damn sure don't want to act like that! Makes me hate them even more!

Jethro and myself have had some real good arguments recently! Had me crying three days in a row. He even threw his cell phone at me. I threw my arm up to keep it from hitting my tall glass stereo door. It hit my wrist and fell on the floor. I picked it up and tossed it back his direction so it landed on the couch. I told him if he breaks it? He's w/o a phone because we can't afford a new one. So keep being stupid, why don't ya?

He's also gotten forgetful while on the pain meds. He forgot to lock Buffalo's coop up night before last. I'm so glad we didn't loose any of the kids because of it! Then today when he did the carriers? He didn't put a water bowl in La Nora's carrier! I rip him a new one when he's F'ed up where the kids are concerned!

He said: "You bitch all the time!" I told him: "You know better? But when it comes to the kids care? You bet your ass I'm going to bitch!"

TOD
Old 06-22-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay! Funny stories for y'all!

There was three days my husband couldn't find the two hens eggs in their area! Again! I'm sure they didn't go to waste with the huge black snake and possum we have around here! What I can't figure out though is where the hell did they lay those eggs? They are in an enclosed area, large, but enclosed! We looked high and low. Underneath everything and inside everything! Poof! They just never got found!

So to prevent that from happening again? I took some fresh soft straw out of a bag we bought at TSC and filled one corner of their TSC coop with it. Then I put a fake egg in it. I then went to the yard and cut a bunch of grass and filled the other side of the one hole with that.

(Bertha was driving the Roo crazy with her grouchy complaining in high volume trying to find a place to lay her egg. He was doing everything he could to find her a spot to do it in. That's when I started making her a spot to lay her egg in. She followed me all over the place while I did this. She'd jump in the coop to inspect my work. She'd jump out. The Roo would then jump in to inspect my work. Then jump out! When I got it all setup and finished? She jumped in and settled down on the straw and fake egg. Little Strawberry just stood by watching intently).

Every time Bertha saw me looking at her while she was on the nest and fake egg? She'd jump up and walk out of the coop! Ugh! So I pulled a bucket up on the shop porch and sat waiting to see if she'd go back inside? She eventually did and I didn't let her see me looking at her again, because I didn't! LOL God forbid I'd disturb that upset female from doing her business!

When I heard Bertha making her public announcement she laid an egg? I put my arms in the air towards the sky and said: "Eureka!" LOL Then Strawberry jumped in and laid an egg too! CHICKENS!

Here's a picture of the inside of the coop! This picture is from a month ago though. All that hay is no longer in there. Just wood shavings. The right side hole of the two boards is where I put the straw. The left board has been removed. That's the area I put the cut grass in.

I told Jethro Brandon needed his booty washed! I then said I wasn't going to do it though! He asked: "Why not?" I then said: "Because that boy gets so excited with his momma around that he'd probably screw the sink right off the countertop while I'm washing his booty!" Jethro started laughing so hard he got choked up!

TOD
Old 06-22-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Oh ,TOD!! lol Thanks for the stories!! I laughed so hard at the part about Brandon!! Too funny!!
Little Strawberry is so cute, the way she looks up to Bertha and does what she does. That is just the sweetest thing. Is she taking care of her egg?? And did she lay any more?? Is Bertha happy now?? The way you write about them is so cool. You make them seem like little people. Little feathered people. lol
Tell the kids Sugar says hi. I always look forward to reading all about their latest antics!!
Have a great night!!
Old 06-25-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by sugarangel View Post
Oh ,TOD!! lol Thanks for the stories!! I laughed so hard at the part about Brandon!! Too funny!!
Little Strawberry is so cute, the way she looks up to Bertha and does what she does. That is just the sweetest thing. Is she taking care of her egg?? And did she lay any more?? Is Bertha happy now?? The way you write about them is so cool. You make them seem like little people. Little feathered people. lol
Tell the kids Sugar says hi. I always look forward to reading all about their latest antics!!
Have a great night!!
We call them: "Little People in feather suits!" LOL

Brandon was in the living room and Jethro kept telling him to come here! I walked towards him, herding him towards Jethro. Just out of reach of Jethro. I touched his butt with the toe of my shoe. That boy jumped two feet off the floor and landed right beside Jethro's leg. We both started laughing so hard I got to coughing and Brandon growled like a cougar at me. I told Jethro we both needed springs in our legs to get around quicker!

Bertha is the head hen in the group. Little Strawberry gives her respect for her queen-ship! It's called: "Pecking order!" Hens will stand in line when one goes into the nesting box to lay her egg. When she jumps out? The next in line will step into the box. Some hens will also sit on top of other hens to lay their eggs too! LOL Ain't got time to wait around for my turn!

We are getting one egg a day from Bertha and Strawberry! One each! Sherry and Tasha are also laying. And La Nora lays one egg a day too! Their cackling after their egg laying is what we call: "Public Announcement!"

Tasha was in the living room with her daddy. I brought Sherry in and Tasha saw her. Oh Boy! Miss "I might be tiny, but I'm mighty" dropped her wing, leaned to the side and flared up her neck feathers. She thinks she's a badass! LOL Tasha has tried to fight Molly several times. Molly is twice her size and always has the evidence of feathers hanging out of her beak for winning the fight! Tasha now gives her a wide distance! ROFL That'll teach her to pick fights!

I've been up since 5:00 PM yesterday! I was notified on FB a paid chicken show was showing all day their videos for free. I went to check them out and couldn't stop watching them. Ugh! I had to stop though to get the kids stuff done for them to come inside. I'll finish the videos when I'm done with the cleaning and feeding. It didn't help with Jethro constantly asking me to come to the shop to look at the pen he was building either!

I had him bring in another carrier so I can separate the Ostrich boys tonight. I've had enough of those two pecking at each other in one carrier. And now little Danny has decided to start pecking my hand thinking I always have food in my hand. He'll snuggle in my arm up against my chest and let me pet him. But as soon as I move my hand away and then reach towards him again? He pecks me. The little snot is going to learn that's a No No!

Alright! Back to work for this woman!

TOD
Old 07-01-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

I've had three new bone spurs come up over the last couple of weeks. It reached a point it was so painful to chew down on them I had to stop wearing my bottom plate. I called the dentist office and was squeezed in Friday morning to get the new ones removed! Jethro said they looked like splinters you'd get from wood splinters in your finger! I don't care what they looked like! They hurt like a mother------!

Since she had fit me in between two other patients? I knew she'd probably miss out on lunch. Since I had steaks in the crockpot in the seasonings I made them in? I made her a plate of it along with some mac and cheese. I put some butter crackers in a baggie and some butter cookies in another! I gave the bag to her and told her I brought her lunch since she fit me in! She was truly surprised and asked several times if I was serious? I laughed and told her I was and to enjoy it. I didn't want her to go hungry due to fitting me in.

On the way home we had to go to the FedEx plant to pickup the box of screamers and bangers. Essentially sticks of dynamite I shoot out of a pistol to send hawks far, far away. So on the way Jethro had the sight pulled up on his phone looking at the location. He handed me the phone to watch the dot which was us moving along the screen to make sure we were going in the right direction. Ummmmmmmmm Sure! After two hours of sleep and two valiums? I kept falling asleep. I kept waking up and would look down at the phone in my lap. Jethro would laugh and say: "You sure we aren't lost?" Putz! We finally arrive and he goes to collect the box!

We get home with a McDonald's large breakfast to eat in tow! I eat and then get ready for bed. I crawled in bed at noon and didn't wake up until 5:00 AM the next day, Saturday!

Around 1:00 PM I started working on getting the carriers cleaned and ready for the kids to come inside. I also made beef gravy from the leftovers and mashed potatoes for supper. Along with a large pot of turnip greens. Storm warnings started screaming across the TV screen and we rushed the kids all back inside. We got all the fans put up and both of us back inside just as the bottom fell out.

Our large black snake is apparently awake and back again. We are now missing two fake eggs! Ugh! Bertha is going into set mode! Dang it! We don't need anymore chickens. We'll have to get her moved to her own spot and out of the small coop. She won't let Strawberry in the coop to lay her eggs. Jethro found one on the ground beside the coop when he penned them up for the evening! Earlier after Sherry and Tasha were brought inside. They both went to separate laying boxes and laid an egg. It was dueling Public Announcements ringing throughout the house. LOL

Having Brandon in the house and the three other young Barred Rock roosters gets to be real comical at times. They all growl at different times for different reasons. It's so funny sounding!

Danny Boy's crow has changed from squeaking to sounding like - Mommmmm Ma! He's getting really big and was flaring out his neck feathers and lowering his head while running after me and Jethro this afternoon. He's feeling his big boy oats now!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 07-04-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Wishing everyone a safe - happy 4th of July!

Here's a couple of videos for y'all to enjoy of natures fireworks! Put the screen on full screen, put your headphones on and sit back to enjoy!

TOD
Old 07-04-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hey tod!! Enjoy your chickies!!
Old 07-04-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

It's like a chicken coop around here today!! Sheesh
Old 07-05-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
It's like a chicken coop around here today!! Sheesh
You'll have to explain this to me! LOL

You talking about here on SR or at your house?

TOD
Old 07-06-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Look sugarangel! I got a picture of Brandon's face!

Hope everyone had a safe, fun 4th! Me and Jethro went to my older sisters for lunch. Mom joined us! Jethro smoked a rack of pork ribs to take and I took a pot of turnip greens and my 'Serenade' stuff to put on the Brat dogs and hotdogs! It's really a marinade stuff! I cut onions up, dice green peppers and then I put a little Crisco oil in a pan and add minced garlic into the pan. Then I put all the onions and green peppers in the pan. I cook it all down where everything's cooked to softness. I make this with every meal. I couldn't think of the name, marinade one day. So I just tossed out the word 'Serenade' when Jethro asked me what I was fixing in that pan. And it's stuck! Everybody loved it! My nephew was late for lunch. When he asked what the 'Serenade' stuff was? Mom told him to taste it! He did and then he added the entire container of Serenade to everything on his plate!

Our poor dog, Magnum, is terrified of fireworks. So for three evenings in a row I gave him a couple of valiums. It calmed him down enough he wasn't climbing the walls anymore. One of the Ostrich boys was also going nuts in his carrier with all the fireworks noises. So I gave him one too! There are so many animals and birds scared to death of the load noises it's just heartbreaking!

Our Rhode Island Red, Lillie, isn't doing well. She's in her last days! She's the one we took to the Vet and was told she has a heart condition. She gets 1/2 a Lasix pill every morning. The Vet told us she wouldn't live a long life. La Nora misses her when she's outside. She hangs around the tractor pens and at the dog pen gate where Buffalo and his crew are at now. I hope to in-cooperate her into their group one day down the road!

Jethro is on my last nerve here lately! He's getting so forgetful and when I ask him to do something? He ends up outside doing something completely opposite of what I asked. When I bring it up he forgot to do something I asked? He gets all belligerent and then shuts down on me. Like today: "I asked him to bring the two Barred Rock girls inside so he could take Ginger and Sherry to their outside pen!" They were back in the chicken bedroom! He goes outside and I continue on with getting things done for the kids to come inside later on. I then hear him outside with the water hose clearing off the porch and other stuff. Okay! He's getting all the dirt and cut grass off the porch from where he tracked it in earlier. I was cleaning the floors to get rid of it in the house. But NO! He stops spraying the porch and then gets the leaf blower out to test it. Mom gave it to him yesterday to repair. Well WTH? So needless to say? The two BR girls weren't brought inside until much later and the two chicken bedroom girls didn't get to go outside. 2nd! I was looking for the hanging yellow water dish I use in the Ostrich boys carriers. Couldn't find it anywhere! Out of curiosity I look into Brandon's carrier and bang! There it is! He had put water in it and put it in Brandon's carrier! He used to use it, but I changed it to a bigger water bowl two weeks ago. So I put fresh water in it and put it in the correct carrier. See? The problem here? The Ostrich boy didn't have water all day because of Jethro's error! So needless to say? I was upset the boy went w/o water because of the mistake! When I told him I found it and what Jethro had done? He shut down on me and stormed off. It's all driving me bat sh!t crazy!

This evening I went into the chicken bedroom to clean up dirty piles on the sheet on the floor and to gather up their bowls for washing. Holy crapper there were ants crawling all over the sheet! Damn! I yell for Jethro to come help. I tell him there's ants all over the sheet and he stands there not seeing a thing. Jesus! I start rolling up the sheet to put in a bag to take outside. He brings me the Permethrin sprayer and then he grabs a vacuum cleaner and starts to vacuum! I'm yelling turn it off! He gives me an angry look. I explain I wanted to use the Rainbow vacuum cleaner because dust doesn't escape that thing. He knocks the vacuum cleaner backwards and storms out telling me: "Then you clean it up!" I didn't say a word! I took the sprayer and sprayed all around the room and other places the ants could have gotten in from. Then I went to the porch room to get away from him.

I was starving when I found the ants and needed to eat! So I went back inside to see Jethro had made the leftover Brats for his supper. Great! I had to be selective on what I could eat, because I broke my bottom denture plate late yesterday evening. So I made myself two grilled cheese sandwiches.

After eating I walked in the house and picked up the Rainbow VC to take to the chicken bedroom! He shut his laptop and said: "I'm going to bed!" I put Brandon to bed and went to the chicken bedroom to start vacuuming! It's all vacuumed now! I'm going to spray again just incase I missed a spot where they are coming in at. They are after food, but they'll sting too if they get the chance to! I ordered two gallons of poison yesterday to use in the 30 gallon sprayer attached to the lawnmower or 4-wheeler. I'm going to ask Jethro to spray underneath the house real good for any ants that are underneath it using the pipes and wires to get into the house. The ants love to crawl up trees or the side of the house and make their nests underneath the roofing shingles too! So I'm going to get him to spray up there too! He'll bitch, but if he doesn't do the two areas? I'll do it myself. The powered sprayer can spray much further than my pump up sprayer can reach!

It's been stormy and raining for several days in a row now. I'm sure his Fibro and painful areas are acting up because of it. So he's probably taking his pain meds to deal with it. But damn it I'm tired of being treated like a bitching board for him because of taking them. His actions just give me more reasons why I don't want to take them for myself!

TOD
Old 07-06-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
You'll have to explain this to me! LOL

You talking about here on SR or at your house?

TOD
My house.... in laws were here and they are all ADD...
Old 07-06-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

You'll need to name your next rooster 🐔 Billi Bob!!
Old 07-06-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

My house.... in laws were here and they are all ADD...
LOL I figured that's what you were talking about!
Old 07-07-2017, 02:17 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Today is going to be triple H's! Hot, Humid and Hazy! Ugh! I've already told Jethro to leave the kids inside. We'll put them out later in their outside pens to give us time to clean their inside carriers and then we'll bring them back inside. Or we'll put them one at a time in the playpen inside, clean their carrier and move on to the next! Living inside at night under A/C? They don't do real well outside in this HHH type of weather.

Mom asked Jethro this past Tuesday to come out to her house and spray the yard with Permethrin to get rid of the ticks, fleas and other bugs. So he spent most the day over there with his 30 gallon sprayer hooked up to her 4-wheeler. Her mailbox and paper box was sitting on a piece of wood that was leaning way to the left. So he fixed that for her too! He rattled off a list of other stuff he did for her, but I don't remember what all it was!

I had catfish ready to deep fry when he walked in the door. I made fried potatoes with onions in a skillet to go with it. He got all the kids inside and then cooked the fish for us. I always have too much grease in the skillet so I tilt the skillet on the side of the burner. After the grease slides to the bottom end with the potatoes on the top end? I place a paper towel in the bottom in the grease to soak it up! Makes cleaning easier. I just pick the towel up and drop it into the trash can!

Danny Boy got a hard earned lesson from Jethro yesterday. Danny pecked him twice when he reached in his carrier to pull him out. Jethro held him down and filed the sharp end off his beak. Danny hasn't pecked him once since then. Danny's going to be a big rooster in a few months. Getting his attention early is the key to having a nice rooster.

I was out looking at the dog pen crew today! Oh my! As large as those 4 young ones are? I'm thinking they are all roosters. That's not a good thing. Will have to find them new homes!

Tasha has learned a new fun thing! Jethro takes her to the bathroom with himself when he takes a shower. She'll stand in the living room bitching to be with him if he's out of sight! He pulled the shower curtain to the side so that the clear curtain is there for Tasha to see her daddy is close! LOL She's figured out the toilet paper roll is fun to grab hold of and unroll. If it's not hanging down? She'll jump up hitting the roll with her beak until it rolls down. If she can tear it into little pieces? She'll eat it! Ugh! She's our little garbage finder outside. That girl finds more stuff to eat! I come in with my pockets filled with trash that I've taken away from her before she can eat it.

TOD
Old 07-09-2017, 02:23 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Around 5:30 this morning I heard all sorts of banging going on, on the porch! I grab my flashlight and walk out the backdoor. Holy Smoly! There was one hell of a wind storm kicking up and it was knocking gumballs out of the tree which sounded like bombs going off on the porch roof top! I walked to the end of the porch to look out in the yard and Bam! The power went off and just as quick the home generator kicked on! Woot! Woot! I love that humming when the power goes off!

I came back inside and woke Jethro up to tell him what was going on! I then went back to my computer to pull the weather station up to see what was headed our way. When the computer finally connected it showed one hell of a storm just minutes away. Damn! Then minutes later the bottom fell out!

I stayed up until 7:00 AM while the worst of the storm was happening! Then I went to bed! I got up at 4:45 PM. When I walked in the living room Jethro told me the generator was still running! Holy Cow! We have it running on Natural Gas! It finally went off at 7:00 PM when the power came back on! There was an electrical pole loaded with transformers that was laying on the pavement when Jethro went for a drive to see what might have caused the outage. There was 7,000 PPL w/o power! Thank you Lord for our free broken down home generator that Jethro fixed and got it up and running several years ago. We have way too many animals in the house to be w/o A/C! It was in the 90's with the feels like temp of 104! Ugh!

Thankfully it's not going to be raining or storming tomorrow! All the kids are going outside. They'll be happy too until they realize the A/C doesn't come outside with them. Tasha was wondering that today when I had her outside while it wasn't raining before dark. Her little wings were spread out and her beak was open from breathing hard. She kept looking at me with the look of: "Momma? I thought it was cool out here? It's cool in the house! Why isn't it cool out here?" LOL I picked her up and took her back inside. She walked over to where the vent was blowing on herself and just stood there. She's so spoiled and pampered!

Here's a recent picture of Ginger for y'all! She still hangs out with Sherry. Sherry however has started clucking again. Ugh! She's wanting to go back into set mode again. That girl can set until she gets tired of setting! I don't want anymore babies to help her raise or anymore chickens. There are 20 here now! Poor Lillie is fading fast though! She won't be with us much longer!

TOD
Old 07-10-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
LOL I figured that's what you were talking about!
Yeah, I felt just slightly "cooped up"...although the chickens are probably not much ADD compared to my in-laws. I took refuge in my kitchen...preparing 4th of July foods: A big potato salad (it's all in the quality of the taters you use and the eggs and not too much mayo), a big fruit salad, home-made rolls, mixed veggie tray, baked beans. Hub threw some steaks on the grill and we had some watermelon later on. All in all, it was fine. I stayed busy....so the day went by fast and it was good to see family. Big eaters. I really do enjoy cooking for people.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Yeah, I felt just slightly "cooped up"...although the chickens are probably not much ADD compared to my in-laws. I took refuge in my kitchen...preparing 4th of July foods: A big potato salad (it's all in the quality of the taters you use and the eggs and not too much mayo), a big fruit salad, home-made rolls, mixed veggie tray, baked beans. Hub threw some steaks on the grill and we had some watermelon later on. All in all, it was fine. I stayed busy....so the day went by fast and it was good to see family. Big eaters. I really do enjoy cooking for people.
LOL My family knows I'm NO cook! So thankfully I don't get stuck in the kitchen! I actually don't eat a lot of anything anymore! I drink one glass of coffee when I first get up. Then I make a Herbal shake to drink after that. A couple hours later I make supper for me and Jethro! Then I drink water from that point on! I take a tablet called "Snack Defense"! It helps to curb any desire for sweets and snacks!

I stopped drinking cokes/sodas over a year ago! Those were as hard to give up as my pain meds were! I've tasted a coke here and there and they truly taste nasty now.

Glad you had a great 4th!

TOD
Old 07-14-2017, 12:37 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Look sugarangel! I got a picture of brandon's face!

{Our rhode island red, lillie, isn't doing well. She's in her last days! she's the one we took to the vet and was told she has a heart condition. She gets 1/2 a lasix pill every morning. The vet told us she wouldn't live a long life. La nora misses her when she's outside. She hangs around the tractor pens and at the dog pen gate where buffalo and his crew are at now. I hope to in-cooperate her into their group one day down the road!**

Lillie passed away today between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm!

TOD
Old 07-14-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's the picture of Ginger that was lost when photobucket changed their rules on posting. That playpen she's standing on is full of newspaper. She's an addict when it comes to newspapers and any other paper she can stand on to scratch in order to make shredded paper! Who needs a shredder when you have a Ginger?

TOD
Old 07-18-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

I talked to Mom earlier! Jethro will be taking her downtown in the morning for Jury Duty! Ugh! She'll be here early in the morning and then will ride with Jethro to town.

While on the phone with her she told me about her neighbor calling her. Her neighbor asked if she was in the house? Mom said, yes! The neighbor said, good! Stay in the house! DO NOT GO OUTSIDE! Her husband just told her he saw a BLACK BEAR climbing over the fence next to her fence! HOLY CRAP! Her neighbors fence. IK they are out in the woods in her area, but for one to be THAT close? Damn! We had a black bear in our town last summer. The game and fish darted it and removed it back to the woods!

Our fence is hard to climb over! But if a bear wanted onto our property bad enough? It wouldn't take much to pull it down. And it wouldn't have much trouble getting into the dog pen's group of chicken's little coop! The dog pens fence is a chain link fence. I watched Magnum climb over the fence when he was much younger so I'm sure a bear could easily climb over it too! All these wild animals are being pushed out of their habitats and moving into our areas. Plus they are hungry and thirsty right now.

Brandon was running around loose in the house and here in the porch room most of the day. Poor Danny was giving me the 'Poor pitiful me look' from his carrier after I brought him in from outside. He was so pathetic looking. He was holding his head down, chest against the gate with the feathers sticking out and looking at me and then at Brandon on the floor at my feet! And PPL don't think chickens can get their feelings hurt or pout? HAH! So after I got everybody taken care of and those outside back inside? I took Danny out of his carrier and took him to the shop with me. OMG! He was so funny! He sounds like a goose instead of a chicken. He also walks funny due to he's growing into those legs of his! He also talks nonstop! So goose talking and high stepping around the shop he went about looking for bugs flying in and looking around. He even jumped up on the pen Jethro is building. I told Jethro: "It's chicken approved!" Every bug that entered the shop? Danny quickly took care of it. And with all the noise Jethro was making with the tools he was using? Danny didn't flinch not one time. Amazing! This is the first time Danny's been in the shop! I was holding Ginger and Sherry inside the shop earlier. When Jethro raised the bay sliding door? Ginger tried to claw me death to get away. Sherry was just limp in my arm, because she'd been in the shop before.

All four of those babies we got several months ago are ROOSTERS! UGH! While talking to Mom today? She was complaining about the ticks, fleas, spiders, etc. in her yard. I told Mom about the four boys racing after Jethro while he was mowing the grass or riding the 4-wheeler to eat the bugs being disturbed. I said: "They look like galloping Dinosaurs behind him! I suggested I bring her the roosters to take care of her bugs? She's onboard with my suggestion. LOL I'll let her think about it for awhile before I actually take actions to make it happen.

Mom also told me she was at my younger sister's lake home Saturday! She brought the two little Chi's with her too. While there, little Critter, that's losing his eyesight as well as his hearing stepped onto some mushy stuff at the side of the lake. He was IN the lake at that point! He started peddling, but was headed out into the lake instead of back to shore. My sister and Mom jumped up and went running over to him. My sister stepped onto a rock jutting out and grabbed him. God Almighty! Someone would have gone swimming in that snake, turtle infested water to save him if my sister hadn't been able to grab him. I'm so glad my sister was able to grab him before he got any further out.

TOD