Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 61!!

Old 12-17-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Lenina))) Yes definitely love to have the Spanish fish recipe. You would be proud of me I have been eating very healthy these days. I cut out bread entirely out of of my diet. Eating complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains and leafy green vegetables. Love my vegetables. Eating lean and mean protein LOL Staying away from fatty foods. Protein helps you to build muscle and gives you the lasting energy throughout the day. Drinking an enormous amounts of water each day and staying away from the sugary drinks. You know how much I love my desserts LOL cutting back on them to. Although I can never pass up on a good cannoli you know how much I love my cannoli LOL

I was up at 3 o'clock in the morning the weather man predicted 1 to 2 inches of snow sure enough I look out my window and everything is covered with snow. Made a pot of coffee put on my boots, scarf hat and gloves and cleaned off my truck in front of my RV. It was still snowing while I was out there early this morning so I'm about to go round 2 with the snow in a few.

I hope your trip is going well you are always in my thoughts.

(((damascus))) The best way to know whether or not a particular sponsor is right for you is to simply listen to what your inner voice is telling you. You must ask yourself, do I feel comfortable with this person, or not? If the answer is yes, then great, but if it is no or I'm not sure, you really need to examine your feelings and ask yourself why you are having doubts. Have you considered a temporary sponsor or a group of your peers to get you through until you find a permanent sponsor. Just a thought.

Texas is a beautiful state I'm even considering moving their.. Are you into college football? I have a friend who lives in Texas and she is a diehard longhorn fan.. It's too bad Charlie Strong got fired I like him. I hope the new coach Tom Herman does well there because it's a good program with a lot of young talent..

First and second Saturday of the month is when I take a group of people from the campground to the pet pantry to pick up food for our furbabies. The way the snow is coming down I can much guarantee it was canceled today. I tried calling the church up but nobody's answering so we'll see.

Hugs and prayers to all
TB
Old 12-18-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Old 12-18-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

My beautiful baby Mama going to town on her grooming.

My first video on my smart phone I'll do a better job with the next ones.

TB
Old 12-19-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Haha I'm getting better at this video stuff..

My adorable Q going to town on his grooming

Stay tuned more to come LOL

TB
Old 12-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Good afternoon! I'll be back tomorrow with recipe and catch up. On the run today. Oy.

Love from Lenina
Old 12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Time you are definitely right honestly the guy i had my eye on i just found out is moving in about a year. hes been clean longer then i have been alive every time he talk i am spiritually fed. I did meet a new friend that owns a corvette and has over 12 years so there's some potential there we have been chatting some here and there.

HAHA im not too much into the football i know the longhorns and the aggies ( A&M) get pretty fierce with their rivalry
Old 12-20-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

today has not been the best day but ima stay grateful all things have always worked out attitude and grattitude goes a long way!
Old 12-20-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Holidays to all you guys
D
Old 12-20-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

(((damascus))) Sorry you having a rough day, bro.

My gratitude list.

I'm alive. I can breathe, I can eat, I can walk, I can talk, I can think, I can taste, I can hear, I can see, I can touch. I have warmth and food and shelter and I can care for myself. I have hands on the end of my arms which are just long enough to wipe my own backside. I have friends who would be willing to do this for me if I can't. And most of all by the grace of my higher power of my understanding I'm clean and sober.

I personally think the reason we do a gratitude list is to remind us of the fact that things are much better now compared to when the obsession to use was upon us. It's easy to fall into self-pity, self-seeking, and all the ugly defects of character which once ruled our lives. Doing a gratitude list pulls us out of this "funk" which we are so used to living in.

I'll be praying for you
TB
Old 12-20-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Thanks D, to you and yours also.

TB
Old 12-20-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

yea i cant complain i talked with a few people
funny thing is i noticed a noise from my car so ive been obsessing about it.
I drive a freaking corvette a real first world problem.
i have nothing to complain about life is awesome.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Sorry I have not kept up Have quite a few things going on, but it's way past my bedtime so am going to sleep and will check in tomorrow.

SO thrilled to see the HH active again!

Keep warm all of you in cold places. We had some temps in the 20's, not are inching toward 50 tomorrow. My aunt P and all my cousins in MN were at -27 yesterday. My southern mind just doesn't comprehend that.

Love you all!
Old 12-21-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

yes lets bring this place back!
turns out my right wheel hub is going out it'
ll be 600 $ ish
good news is i have credit today so i can handle it through the grace of god
Old 12-21-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Lucky guy I wish I had a credit card LOL instead I had to pay cash to get mine fixed.. Couple of months ago the hub bearing on my truck started making a noise and every week the noise started getting louder and louder LOL

Before It got really bad I got it replaced last month. Funny thing is, the part as you can see in the picture costs less than 100 bucks. They get you with the labor.. Cost me about the same thing you're gonna pay.

You're right, at least now we have the money to get our cars repaired instead of spending it on stupid drugs and booze LOL

Good luck getting the car repaired..

TB
Old 12-21-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

We Share the same difficulties! the first place wanted to gyp me a little bit and wanted to charge me and replace both because the other rear " may go out" when they handed me a 1200 dollar quote i was not too happy
Old 12-21-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

having credit cards is nice its both a blessing and a curse!!
Old 12-23-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I wish I can get a credit card but my credit is so shot it's ridiculous. I once had great credit but losing my house and the fact that I haven't worked in three years and now living on a fixed income having good credit is just a dream.

That's why I'm so grateful for my truck. I take care of it and when it needs fixing I take care of that to. Being disabled I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have that truck.

The funny thing is, I am a mechanic by trade, have every tool needed to fix a car, but because of my disability makes it really difficult to work on my truck. As much as I hate to pay someone else for something that I can do the reality is I need my truck, my truck is my lifeline and without it I would be doom.

Sending virtual hugs to all the hens and roosters. Check-in when you can.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-23-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Mutant Giant Spider Dog.

A dog with a spider costume running around pranking people and scaring them out of their wits LOL I love the people's reaction their first choice of defense is to run LOL I guess if I was in their shoes I would run to LOL

TB
Old 12-25-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Henhouse..

As you celebrate the miracle of Christmas on this season of the year, may your heart be filled with joy and happiness! May blessings of the holiday stay forever in your home and with you all the year ahead.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 12-26-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

A belated Merry Christmas to the hen-housers!!

I'm SO sorry I didn't get back here. I'm not yet used to the HH being active again but it truly warms my heart.

I will make a long story short of why I've been scatter brained and a little stressed out.

My former evil boss was still in partnership with new bosses and basically took most of the money. Lives with the doc in a country that doesn't extradite.

So, on Nov 14th, found out that the 18th was my last day of work. On the 24th (Thanksgiving), while heading to a friends house, a car turned left in front of me and both vehicles were totaled. I only had comprehensive because the van was only worth $800.

Cop wrote it up with me on the wrong road, MY fault! Air bag did not go off and seatbelt saved my life but I felt like I'd been hit with a sledge hammer. Still having pain in right knee, wrist and elbow - most likely from bracing (and I did - I was standing on the brake and arms pushed against steering wheel).

Bosses did call me a week later and offered me a contract job, which I'm grateful for, but it is dragging on and I need my other half of pay. Then will need to reopen my claim for unemployment.

Oh, and dad's van broke down outside of Dallas, last week, drive shaft broke and it's a $10,000 repair. SO, we are both a bit down in the dumps but I'm faithfully saying my gratitude list.

Spent yesterday with friends, and since I can't afford to buy them anything, I washed every single dish and the kitchen was spotless when I left Same friend I eventually made it to for Thanksgiving (after the trip to the hospital) and she was still washing dishes 3 days later so it made me feel really good.

I've talked to a highly recommended lawyer but with holidays and his other job as county commissioner, have yet to get an appt. Really hoping he can help.

Sorry to be all whiney on the HH but I know I'll be okay. If I were to go back through the HH, over all these years, every single think I panicked about worked out and I'm holding on to faith. I'm applying for jobs like crazy and networking when I can.

For now, I'm snuggled up with Mots, Tiger and old man Sammy.

Love you all!