Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Adderall addict about to relapse..need encouragement to continue

Notices

Adderall addict about to relapse..need encouragement to continue

Old 07-09-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Adderall addict about to relapse..need encouragement to continue

I'm a recovering adderall addict. I'm 6 months sober, and all I can think about is getting my hands on some adderall or vyvanse. More than anything else, I want to be skinny like I was when I was taking adderall. I am having a hard time keeping weight off, and wonder what the lesser of two evils is: being sober, fat and miserable? Or relapsing and being a miserable active addict again (At least I won't worry about my weight). I'm also just depressed and having a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything.

If you can relate, or offer some encouraging words to keep me from relapsing...I would be really grateful. I'm new here...didn't know where else to turn. Just looking for support.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We're here for you.
you do not need to use
your body is perfect the way it is and much netter off without the drugs.
What , so far, has helped you these past 6 months in staying clean? Can you utilize any of those tools. Sometimes just getting active and going for some exercise out side helps me with cravings. Also, being around others, I want to use much more when I'm lonely
Old 07-09-2015, 10:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am currently you in an alternate future. The same thing happened to me recently, and I decided to use. Currently I'm crashing hard after being awake for 3 days and wishing I had never gotten myself back into this ****.

You will be miserable, you won't be as active as you think you'd be, and you would be ashamed of yourself, like I am right now. Normal life is better, adderall is just really good at convincing you that it's better. Don't listen to your ego. Don't say "but I've been clean for 6 months I'll be fine." You won't be fine.

Focus on bettering yourself instead of thinking about how much nicer it could be with adderall (in reality it is not nice). Try to find something to occupy yourself while also benefiting your psyche, like working out and trying to eat better. Try to exercise daily if you're worried about gaining weight without taking Adderall, because it sounds like a bad trigger to use again.

Good luck. Fight it off.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went back to taking tramadol because it kept me slim. What a mistake, it almost ruined my life. Don't do it!
Old 07-12-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were here for you whenever you need play the tape & use this link to help http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 08-24-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months! Keep up the good work. Adderall and Vyvanse is one of my "newer" addictions I do love the motivation and energy it gives me and I know after it will be so much worse. What has worked for me is only putting a few things on my to do list to not overwhelm myself and I will start with the smallest thing, if I can just put the clothes that have been sitting in the laundry basket away I can sit back down and doing even tiny baby steps thing got done. If you don't have a problem getting your stuff done I would add exercise (you can start that baby steps also). Exercise is great for depression you just have to make that first step. The weight loss isn't important your health is much more important
Old 08-17-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Adderall addict for 10 years - I am in a bad place right now. Everything is great in my life except for my adderall addiction I just can't stop. I take about 80 mg a day for a week then I throw away the prescription because I want to be done. About 2 days later I regret it and countdown the days until my next refill. I constantly lie about taking the pills, I don't even like the way they make me feel, I'm not sleeping, I have to drink a bottle of wine at night to come down from it, and it is going to ruin my life and relationship. But no matter how many negatives I keep coming back and I don't know why or how to stop. Help! I have a new prescription right now and I want to throw it away but I can't find the strength.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by throwwayaway View Post
I am currently you in an alternate future. The same thing happened to me recently, and I decided to use. Currently I'm crashing hard after being awake for 3 days and wishing I had never gotten myself back into this ****. You will be miserable, you won't be as active as you think you'd be, and you would be ashamed of yourself, like I am right now. Normal life is better, adderall is just really good at convincing you that it's better. Don't listen to your ego. Don't say "but I've been clean for 6 months I'll be fine." You won't be fine. Focus on bettering yourself instead of thinking about how much nicer it could be with adderall (in reality it is not nice). Try to find something to occupy yourself while also benefiting your psyche, like working out and trying to eat better. Try to exercise daily if you're worried about gaining weight without taking Adderall, because it sounds like a bad trigger to use again. Good luck. Fight it off.
this is where I am now I didn't sleep at all past two days but I stil took adderall today and I feel horrible I want to be done with it but I don't know how
Old 10-10-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I quit adderall after 90mg every day for 4 years. 5 months later I could not sleep super depressed, couldn't enjoy anything. Started taking diphenhydramine for sleep and started feeling somewhat normal. Fast forward 6 years later to today trying to kick daily diphenhydramine use and it's been the worst week of my life.

Wish I never would have started adderall. Get out while you can.

Can't believe they give that crap to children. Unreal.