Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 01-07-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hey Chickadee!
I haven't forgot about ya hunny. My routine just got messed up last 1wk., so I've been working on getting it back in order. I had to force myself self to clean on Monday ugh lol. But, I'm glad I did because now I'm back in the swing of things.

The hubs and I hit an auction yesterday & I bought an antique graniteware serving utensil set and a lot of 67 cds for only $30! Talk about cheap! That brings my total to.....I have no friggin idea lol ( 100's, if not over 1000 cds. ) They're good cds too ....Bad Company, Boston, Van Halen, 38 Special, Joe Satriani, Van Morrison, Stevie Ray Vaughan & even 1 you probably know...Garth Brooks! I know you're not much into music, but I am. Music has gotten me through some very tough times in my past & the hubs & I listen to these cds sun up to sun down!

It sounds like you, Jethro & your feathered fam are out to a great start to 2016! Tell Jethro that said that popcorn has to be unbuttered. That's great that he's finally taking notice of his weight. It's so important to our health, at our age to stay in shape. I quit processed sugar...again lol. I was doing great, but then I started baking Christmas goodies & said, screw it, up til the new yr. I'm also going to start to eat more fruits, more veggies, no snacks like chips & absolutely no processed food! I already quit pop & caffeinated coffee in 2014, so I plan to rounding it out w/other healthy decisions.

See ya later duffus! Haha...couldn't let that 1 slide!
Old 01-07-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I'm now at 19 months off the opiates!

TOD
Old 01-08-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Kz! Routine, Smooztine! My world is always being interrupted by one thing or another! It's called: CHICKENS!!!!!! And of course Jethro! Baby? Can you get me more tea? Can you hand me Maria's towel for my shoulder? Can you get the girls more diced tomatoes? Do you have any crackers to snack on? I'M HUNGRY! What's for supper? Hand me this! Hand me that! It's all okay though! He washes the dishes and that's a huge plus in my book! On the other hand? He washes dishes so I'll COOK! Ugh! My thinking cap for what to cook is old and worn out. I need a new one!

Where in the world did you get the idea I wasn't a music person? I have the TV turned to the Country Classics right now! LOL And the Bose in the kitchen turned to 94.9 playing right now! I do miss being able to crank my music. But there's too many little ears around here and I don't want to hurt them. Jethro has this black box he has hundreds of CD's downloaded onto. We have CD's all over the damned house too. Me? Not a music person! Unbelieveable!

Sounds like you got some nice gifts for Christmas too? I've had the surround sound on the living room TV for years. We don't use it though due to the two little girls are afraid of the sounds coming out of it! It causes too much "B"ing from them! LOL

Gotta tell y'all this story about Maria and Sherry on the back of the couch! Maria has her spot on the corner of the couch beside the book shelf she likes to sit on! We placed a box there so she'll have more room too! Well last night Sherry kept inching closer and closer to her. Sherry would reach out to peck at Maria's foot feathers to clean stuff off her feathers. Maria had her good eye turned in her direction watching! Everytime her foot feathers got primped? Maria would quickly tap her foot. She'd then look over at me and Jethro sitting at the table with the look of: "Did y'all see that? Make her stop!" As Maria was looking at us? Sherry inched closer to her! She pulled at her feathers again. Maria did the tap dance again! We couldn't hardly eat from laughing so much! Finally Maria stood up and turned her back to Sherry! She sat back down and Sherry got right up against her butt! That was Maria's undoing. Maria spun around and looked at Sherry with the look of: "Listen young lady! You DO NOT snuggle up to my BUTT!" That's when Maria stepped down onto a large pillow, turned to face Sherry and sat down. God! We were laughing too much at this point! I'm always talking for the chickens as to what they are doing! I told Jethro I could start a show with the chickens! LOL I get him really tickled with my talking for the girls!

I told Jethro yesterday what happened with me and the gas stove! Damn! If only y'all could have seen his facial expression! It was priceless! LOL He looked at me like I'd lost my marbles! He then said: "Blondie? You didn't know there was a higher setting?" Ummmmmm NO! He just died laughing! Laughing so hard he had tears rolling! Ugh! I just knew I shouldn't have told him! But we don't have secrets and that's one of those times I just had to suck it up and take it! LOL

Tuesday night around 9:30 pm the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Mom! Oh Hell! She doesn't ever call this late at night. I answered the phone and she said: "What are you watching?" I said: "The ass end of NCIS!" She said: "You know that commercial with the miniature horse she lets come in her house?" I said: "OMG! I love that commercial!" She said: "I do to! Okay the shows back on! Bye!" I hang the phone up shaking my head! My mother! LOL

Okay! Gotta get back to Jethro's laundry! His large laundry basket was sitting in the laundry room when I got up today! It's always overflowing and I do his clothes in three separate washes!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 01-08-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Dear TOD,
I love that commercial about that miniature horse too. It's so sad...but a very clever ending!!!
Say hi! To your mom!
Keep up the good clean work! So proud of you, ex cheesehead !
TF
Old 01-09-2016, 01:27 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TF: Did you look at how high those counter tops are while she's standing beside them? She is a very tall woman! And the size of her feet are another clue as to her height! I like to look at things in the backgrounds while watching TV. So much to see!

A cheesehead HUH? LOL Don't know which is worse? Wearing a cheesehead hat or a Hog hat? Hmmmmmmmm Neither one of them does it for me. LOL

I've been on and off the phone with Mom today. Jethro called around to several tree cutting services. One of them showed up at Mom's house this morning. She talked him down from $750.00 to $600.00 to take the tree down. They are going to take the huge tree down to the ground and the family is going to gather to cut it up for firewood. The base of the tree has something eating it. Probably the same thing that killed our large Oak tree too! She doesn't want to try and save the tree. When the acorns fall off it, it's a dangerous situation! The tree is right at her backdoor! Walking on hundreds of acorns can be pretty tricky. And then to have them falling on your head is extremely painful! I've had more than my share of them bouncing off my car too! Ugh!

The guy is supposed to come out in the morning. The weather though is calling for heavy rain. So it's probably going to get postponed until later in the week. Mom also told Jethro to bring her a 4wheeler and to take her's back home with him to repair it! Mom is the kind of person she wants things done - YESTERDAY! And if someone else doesn't do it? She'll attempt it herself! ARGH!

Maria and Sherry have reached the point that when Momma gets up in the afternoons? They want to come to the porch with me. So Maria goes in the cage to scratch in the dried grass for seeds and Sherry sits beside the mirror leaning on the wall to eat stuff left there from Molly's outing the night before. When I see they've both sat down and are nodding off? I take them back into the living room! After the big kids are in for the night? I take them outside to roam the yard. Oh y'all should hear the happy purrs coming from them when their feet hit the grass. LOL Maria has a solid white beard and Sherry has a blonde beard! When they are sitting down with their beaks lowered? Their beards cover their beaks. It's so cute! Sherry has a fuller beard than Maria does. She's a full blooded bearded Silkie as to where Maria is 1/2 bearded and 1/2 nonbearded!

I've been watching episodes of: "Wild West Alaska" shows! Lots of things to laugh about! This 5ft granny took a snow shovel and beat a huge moose off her husband. I thought: "Yep! That would be my Mom all over again!" She's used iron skillets and the cord attached to an iron to go after Dad back in his drinking days! We three girls/kids ran the other direction!

Jethro laid down for a nap an hour before the big kids came in for the night. So I rushed around to get their night time areas cleaned up and ready for them. We've GOT to figure out a way for Jennifer to get up on the porch w/o us having to pick her up! She's our handicapped girl and is super heavy! It's going to take some figuring out, but I'll ponder it over and tell Jethro! Then he'll come up with his own design and it will happen! LOL The other two girls rush up the steps and poor Jennifer is left at the bottom of the steps waiting to be picked up!

They have found the pile of ashes from the brush pile Jethro burned. They've been scratching in it for several days now. Talk about some dirty chickens! Chickens love to dust in ashes! It helps to rid them of mites! Wild birds are constantly dropping them in the yard. Then they get on the chickens.

I better get a few things done. It's getting late! Or early! However y'all want to look at it!

TOD
Old 01-09-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Everyone!

Nothing like getting up to a house with Jethro gone! ROFL

Get out on the porch room and see my phone flashing. Hmmmmm "Tree guy called early this morning. He's on his way out to Mom's!" Cool! That tree is coming down after all!

Well it's raining right now so they'll probably start wrapping it up for the day! I'm sure there's one hell of a mess over there! That tree was huge! Mom will have plenty of firewood for awhile!

I know now how much it costs to bring a large tree down! Ugh! We've talked several times about taking the gumball tree down outback. At that price though? Jethro will probably rent a cherry picker and do it himself! And I already know what it's going to take to get all the gumballs cleaned up after it's on the ground. There will be Thousands!!!!

Better get my socks and shoes on so I can get the pit cleaned, Marvin's carrier cleaned and get them inside out of the rain and cold in an hour! Yawn! Yawn! Slap my face! Time to wakeup!

TOD
Old 01-09-2016, 10:36 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

God since 2012 when I joined this community as ICANDOIT12 I have thought so highly of you. Feel like I know all about you even though I have never met you in person. You are one committed lady to this SR group. We need people like you. You and Clean are the ones, as well as Amy and Dee that have been around all this time, probably a few others but you guys really have a special place in my heart. Since I am so beat down again I feel that I don't deserve a simple ounce of someone speaking to me. Then I tell myself I am an addict, this is my journey, I lie, I steal, I cheat, I use drugs and drink, I don't deserve anything but what? nothing.

You still give me the time.

I appreciate that. Watched the movie ted 2 and laughed my ass off. So dang funny. I hear ted 1 is funnier. I just asked the nurse to go get me subway. Excited. Except I have such a sore on my chin that when I eat it cracks open and bleeds. I have friend coming to visit me from AA she should be here soon. I did the 10am AA online meeting, I love the online meetings. Nothing better then sitting in my own house and listening to others. Love them so much!! They don't keep me sober however, but definitely help time pass. Have you ever tried Na or AA? What are your thoughts on them? I wish I had your strength and could stay sober with my own accord SR. There is hope.

Love you guys> really do.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi finaltime!

I just told a friend earlier today my dad stopped drinking C/T on his own. I guess I got my strength and stubborness from him! I've always been like this. Once I've made my mind up to do something? It's going to happen! I gave cokes up back on August 31st. Jethro bought two 2-liter cokes the other day for himself. They are sitting in a bag in the kitchen. I see them all the time. I keep walking and don't think about them. I already know what will happen if I pour a glass of it to drink! Those endorphins will awaken again and I'll be back to drinking cokes! I CANNOT go back there! The same with the pain meds!

I want to be healthy! I want to feel good w/o all those pain meds and the cokes! And of course so much more! Unless I'm sitting in jail or in handcuffs? It's up to ME to get it done! I remember watching this movie where this man was sitting in this graveyard at night. Then all these black figures came towards him to pull him underground! Shiver me timbers! I view things that are going to do me harm as those black figures! Yes I still smoke and that's on my agenda to stop! I have found once I'm tired of something? Have had enough of something? I'll start working mentally on stopping it!

As for ppl that cause negative crap in my life? I'll reach a point I stop communicating with them. That includes the f2f thing too! I don't have to be around ppl to be happy! I can walk outside and strike up a conversation with the trees, flowers, bugs, dog, chickens, etc.! Jethro is always asking me: "Who you talking to?" LOL I guess I got that from my Mom!

I try to reach others here on SR thru my life stories! A person can come back from using/drinking! I'm proof of it! I also tell stories about Jethro and how I'm having to deal with him when he's taking the pain meds! It's not a pretty event! He's learned though I'm not going to make his life easy when he's popping pills! I turn into an ugly person with an ugly personality! That's when he tells me: "Your jealous you can't take the pain meds!" Oh BS! I can take them anytime I want to! I choose NOT to take them is my answer! Those are words from an active user being thrown my way! Go tell that chit to someone else!

I talk about my life to help YOU and hopefully others! I hope ppl in active addiction see there is happiness after getting off the drugs! I talk about my feathered kids a lot too! They bring me JOY! They have me laughing every day! The drugs kept me in a fog all the time. Joy and happiness weren't a part of my life back then! My daughter also didn't want much to do with me either! Jethro also wasn't a big part of my life. But he was using the pills himself and had his own agenda's going on! I was a miserable person. Although I was feeling GOOD due to the drugs running thru my veins. I was living from one dose to the next! Ugh! When I had to be present at a family event? It took me hours to get ready for it! And of course I took extra pills to attend it! Everyone knew I was out of my head! But I was feeling GOOD and didn't care! I'd just come home and take more pills!

I realize now I've missed so much! Someone will tell a story about an event and I sit there thinking; I don't remember that! But I was there! So I now hang onto those stories being told around the table! I've often thought about writing down my life events for my daughter to read one day. But on the other hand? I don't know if I want her to read my stories!

I only have this one life! I'll be 56 next month! I want to enjoy the rest of my life w/o trying to kill myself off early! Or letting others make me miserable! I don't have to depend on anyone to survive! I have a home, medical care, dental care and a decent income. Earned all that with my 23 years in the ARNG! And my 100% DAV benefits! I've helped others when I can and don't bother others! My life is pretty complete right now! So trying to live the crazy life isn't for me anymore!

YOU finaltime are in a place right now that is your life line! Tie it around your waist and don't ever untie it!

TOD
Old 01-11-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

I just received a text from TOD.

She ask me to let everyone know her Internet is down. As soon as her Internet is back and running she will be back and posting.

Thank you
TB
Old 01-11-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Thank you Timebuster!! I've been wondering about our friend TOD!
Old 01-12-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thinking of you Tod xx
Old 01-13-2016, 12:15 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
I just received a text from TOD.

She ask me to let everyone know her Internet is down. As soon as her Internet is back and running she will be back and posting.

Thank you
TB
Thank you VERY much Dear Friend for letting everyone know I was disconnected from the world!

Our Fido box died! I mean zip, nada, capult! Nothing was working. The clock was stuck on 6:59 AM! So I'm thinking that's when it happened. I went to bed at 6:30 AM after watching a movie! If it would have happened sooner? I could have left Jethro a note to CALL for HELP! HELP HELP! We have NO communication with the outside world! Come save us!

Jethro was gone when I got up! I sent him a message and he was actually pulling in the driveway when I hit the send button. So I put him on the task of being Mr. Tech with the guy on the cable line. Hours later an on call Tech had to be routed to our home after Jethro went to their office and picked up two small boxes just so we could have TV to watch! Those damned things weren't even working. The Tech man showed up and at least got those to work for us!

Today Jethro told me the guy showed up at 8:00 AM and didn't get done with our problems here until I got up at 2:30 PM! Jethro looked like he was directing traffic when I opened my bedroom door. He had one hand pointing in my direction to stop and the other telling the guy standing in front of him to BACKUP in the living room! ROFL The only thing I was concerned about was getting to the bathroom to PEEEEEEE! I had my robe in front of me! What the hell was he going to see anyway? An old woman running to the bathroom? The guy was probably confused as hell wondering what was happening? Oh I got a laugh out of all that! My husband protecting his wife's nakedness! God! I'm laughing now! And to think I saw all these naked asses hanging out of the barrack's windows when I pulled grounds security watch from the guys barracks! LOL They loved mooning us gals on night watch! I would have thrown rocks at their butts if I didn't think I'd hit a window!

The cable guy even had to go into the pit where the wires are located on the outside of the house to work on them. Poor Lilly was in there trying to lay her egg and was NOT happy about having a stranger in there with her. She was raising nine kinds of hell according to Jethro! I can well imagine she was. The cable guy was probably thinking: "Where the hell did I end up today?" LOL

The guy that showed up the night before was a very nice man and on his way out the door I handed him a carton of fresh eggs! He was super happy to get them.

Now y'all know what happened to me not posting! We have ALL new equipment now! Even my computer is running faster! Amazing! The only negative is I have to reset all the stuff I am recording! What a pain in the butt!

TOD

Good to have great friends!!!!

Old 01-13-2016, 12:41 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Pictures!

See how Sherry has her neck streched out? She's watching my feet moving in her direction! She's turned into this little protector around here! LOL She'll come off the couch to chase my feet!

And look at the beautiful blonde beard she's going to have!

TOD
Old 01-13-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Congratulations TODD. Me only 3 weeks.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Congrat's on those 3 weeks Steely!

It takes one minute, one hour etc. each day! Just gotta learn to do without your DOC! It will get easier the longer you abstain!

TOD
Old 01-14-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Everyone!

Not a lot of time to post this morning! Molly was being insistent upon Momma holding her. She wanted lots of attention! Kind of hard to type while holding all of her feathered self! She's a heavy weight compared to the other two little Silkie girls!

I was heading out to the porch this late afternoon and Sherry was on the back of the couch. She came hauling butt off the couch to run across the floor to get out the door before it closed! She'll come out here to sit down with the bowl of dried meal worms in front of her. Then she happily chirps along as she's eating all of them. I swear I don't know where she's putting all of them! And I guess she figures these are better than the same ones she has in two other places in the house! LOL

When daddy goes to bed and I take Maria in his bedroom to put her on her pillow? Sherry starts announcing it's her bedtime too! I go pick her up, snuggle her all the way back to her bedroom and then put her on the floor beside her mirror, under the black light then cover her up with the fuzzy blanket. She'll do a few night night sounds and then all is quite! Two down! One to go!

I then get the area in the porch room ready for Molly. Then Molly comes out here with me during the night! If it's decent outside I'll take her outside before bringing her in here! I had to laugh when my neighbor with chickens in a pen outside offered to take care of our chickens if we had to go somewhere! After explaining their routine? She backed out! LOL That's okay! I wouldn't want to take care of her SIX children either! I did thank her for the offer though!

I started having an ear ache several days ago which turned into a full out problem. It kept my head aching, a fever to go with it, sneezing, coughing, runny nose along with a stuffed up head! ARGH! I took baby asprin for the fever, Advil gel caps for the aches and pain! I'm feeling better now! I hate being down with an illness of any kind! I have too much responsibilities around here to be sick! I haven't been sick in years! I can only contribute this to happening due to I took a shower and got my ear full of water. Then I went to bed with a wet head. It was extremely cold that night too! At least the worst of it was on the night I had no internet! So I watched TV and movies!

Better get things ready for bedtime!

TOD
Old 01-14-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hi Tod,
Glad to hear you're connected to the world once again & that you're feeling better. I've had a cold the last few days too. Thank goodness it didn't linger!

Our weather has been ferocious lately ugh. Storm warnings everyday, freezing arctic air, car accidents all over western mi. I already can't wait til spring lol. Every winter, my hubs tries talking me into moving south ( or southwest. ) But, as much as I really hate winter, I couldn't move away from my kids & grandkids. I'd miss them all way too much.
Ttyl (( Hugs ))
P.S. Those are adorable pics of Sherry and Marie!
Old 01-15-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Kz! Sorry to read you were sick too! Mine is mainly the ear problem causing the headaches and the fevers! I've had this ear problem for years though! This is nothing new, just a painful thing to get thru!

Since Tuesday we've been having 64 degree days! That will include today! THEN! We starting heading downwards for a week. Ugh! Monday our high is supposed to be only 37 degrees! Heat lamps will be blaring all over the place!

I've been super busy tonight trying to get some things cleaned. So I just wanted to say hello to everyone and to let them know I'm still around!

TOD
Old 01-15-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your chicks look amazing
Old 01-15-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Can y'all see my knuckles dragging the ground as I type this? HUH? I just finished helping Jethro get the double pen covered in prep for the COLD days ahead of us! Gotta give the big kids a warm place to hangout in during the day time so they can scratch and be happy! Chickens ain't happy unless they're scratching!

I also talked him into putting the large Igloo dog house in the other side of the pen! It's got a tarp over it too! Handicapped Jennifer needs it for a place to lay her eggs in. She's been coming to the porch steps and going underneath them to lay her eggs. The other two girls can get up the steps to lay their eggs in the pit area! The only way to get it in the pen was to take it over the fence! That's a heavy sucker!

OMG! Walmart is closing 269 stores! It's going to leave 10,000 employees looking for another job!

Ohhhhhhhhhh Grizzly Adams has passed away! I just loved watching his shows back in my earlier years! He's also the man I've always used to compare Jethro too with his facial hair!

TOD