Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 12-30-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Twofish View Post
Dear TOD,
You Cheesehead! You bring back very pleasant, happy memories to me. If you are ever in the old stomping grounds, call me...I owe you one stiff Ginger Ale! Once a cheesehead...always a cheesehead!
Did I mention lately how very proud I am of you for your strength and compassion and determination in honoring your sobriety??? Well I am, now keep up the good work soldier, and know, I got your back, 100% support my friend!!
Hugs to you and your honesty!
Love ya!
TF
CheeseHEAD? Nope! Ain't going there! I was only there 7 years and lived in the country while I was there! LOL

You know TF? I'm pretty cut and dry! I don't beat around the bush on anything! I go right to the questions to get the answers! Saves the both of us lots of time. Once the meat is pulled out? Something has to be done with it! That's when the conversation can get down to business! I don't want to do the foreplay when conversations are happening! Unless of course there's just the same old, same old going on and then it's just chit chat! I've been told too many times: "I take the tiger by the tail and hang on for the ride!" LOL Oh well! Life's too short to be beating around the bush!

The same goes for my sobriety! I know I can't touch those pain pills again! They are bad ju ju in my body! I have the memories of how I was while taking them. Some was good a lot was BAD! I know just ONE pill taken on my part is not a good thing for me to do! Those sleeping endorphens with the memories of how those pain meds feel needs to stay asleep! It's like a dam bursting and the surge is released to wreak havoc on everything around me! I'm in control of my life now! I don't want to go backwards!

Thank you for your support and believing I'm an honest person! I have no reason to lie about things. I couldn't keep my stories straight if I did! So keeping myself honest and talking honest gets me a lot further down the road!

Best to ya TF! I hope your daughters are doing okay awa your grand baby?

TOD
Old 12-30-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hey Tod!
Our grandsons went back to their parents tonight. Now I remember why I had my kids when I was young lol. They're the only "young" kids in the fam on both the hubs side and mine. So between all the aunts, uncles, cousins, great grandparents & grandparents, they made out like bandits this Christmas lol.
Our kids went all out on gifts for the hubs and I this yr. I told them not to bother w/presents for us because Christmas is for the kiddies, but they didn't listen lol. We got a blu ray player w/surround sound, a $50 gift certificate to a spa, a &40 Applebees gift certificate, 2 dvds, 2cds, a Ford truck bar stool for the hubs and a Lions shirt, Victoria Secrets bra & B&BWorks lotion for me. Yea, way overboard lol.

Glad to hear that you made it through the storms okay. Remember I was asking you about trees in your yard? Well, the next day a huge branch broke off a tree in our yard and landed on our roof. Scared the crap outta all us lol.

It's now the 31st...last day of 2015! I must say, the last 1/2 of it was really great! The best in many, many yrs.! Happy Nearly New Yr.!
(( Hugs ))
Old 12-30-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Kz: I have 30 minutes to go before we are on the last day of the year! LOL
Old 12-30-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Lol! Last day now! Haha! And I'm off to bed dear. Ttysoon!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Lol! Last day now! Haha! And I'm off to bed dear. Ttysoon!
You just HAD to be funny! Didn't you? LOL

TOD
Old 12-31-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Happy New Year Everyone!

TOD
Old 12-31-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

We are on the verge of beginning a new year! How I miss the olden days! My SOINLA sent me some pictures by email yesterday. One of them was of my dad helping his great grandson zip his jacket up! I couldn't stop the tears from welling up! Too many gone to soon! Happy NY Dad in Heaven!

TOD
Old 12-31-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Do your best

All the best for 2016 Tod its still NYE where I am
Old 12-31-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Todd and friends.

Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year with the hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come.

May your new year be filled with many smiles, hopes of good times and most of all, clean and sober.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-31-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

We are a little under 3 hours away from the NY being here! There are many on here that are a day ahead of me. So I wanted to tell those folks on their NYD before we got ours! That's why I posted early!

Fireworks started sounding off all around us an hour ago! They'll really sound off at midnight!

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday! I feel younger again! LOL I got Jethro run thru the chair too! He looks a lot better w/o all the bushy hair around his face! We left there and went to eat pizza! While there my hair gal shows up and sits down with us! She's really stressing! Her 22 yro daughter, living with her BF, is now PREGO! Her BF quit his job and just wants to sit around playing video games all night long! Daughter goes back to work soon and is also taking college courses. BF gave GF a puppy for Christmas and GF gave it to her mother. Doesn't have the time or patience for house training a puppy! BUT? She purposedly got herself pregnant 5 weeks ago! GF is now so stressed out she's been put on anti- D's! What the hell was she thinking when she decided to get herself pregnant? I just don't understand why some women do what they do! Exactly like my SD with three kids and several XH's! UGH!

I talked to mom for over an hour earlier! She was complaining about gaining weight! I told her, just a minute and I weighed myself! I then told her: "I've lost 40 pounds!" She was impressed! And then she scolded me for not eating! LOL I explained I'm eating good food and lots of it. I'm just not eating the junk food anymore! She was good with that news!

Last night after we walked out of the pizza place and were getting into my car? Which is a small car! Jethro was getting into the driver's seat with lots of difficulty! When he finally got himself seated he sat there for some time trying to catch his breath and was cussing. I said: "You have GOT to lose weight!" He didn't disagree with me or tell me to mind my own business this time. So hopefully he's waking up to just how big he's gotten and will try to do something about it?

Midnights drawing closer and closer! I remember the song by Prince: 1999! I couldn't believe back then we were actually getting close to 1999! Now look at us! We are rolling over into 2016! We are seventeen yrs past that! WOW! Well all I have to do is look in the mirror at the wrinkles! How'd I get so OLD? LOL

I'm still opiate free enjoying the new year arriving!

Everyone stay clean and Happy New Year!

TOD
Old 12-31-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

We've arrived at 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOD
Old 01-02-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy new year Tod x
Old 01-02-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Happy new year dear one and friends.

Life is very short and there is no time for fussing and fighting, my friends

Say no no to drugs and alcohol boys and girls and make 2016 the best year of your life.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 01-03-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

The Holidays are finally behind us! Woot! Woot! I'm worn out from going to all the family events and having my hours all screwed up!

Mom loved her flower arrangement I sent her right before NYE! She divided them all up and had three vases filled. She had them all over the house when we arrived on Friday! She even had this very large Oak leaf spray painted silver as a display. Mom can take anything and work magic with it!

Jethro set the large brush pile on fire several days ago. It's still burning! Our neighbor beside us also set his large brush pile on fire. So there is smoldering smoke all over the place out here. Our brush pile was going to be in the way when the pole barn starts getting constructed. Don't know when that's supposed to happen though. We were told after the 1st of the year. With all the rain we've been having I'm thinking it's going to be further along in the year!

Our little Sherry has turned out to be a sweetheart! She's also a big time talker! LOL She likes to play chase with our feet moving thru the house and even chases the huge dog outside. She'll get right up to his head and he'll turn to give her a funny look then walks off.

Our three large hens have figured out they've arrived at a nice home too! They get all the table scraps when they are turned out in the mornings. They'll roam all over the backyard scratching and looking for things to eat. The pit gate is left open so they can come in to lay their eggs. We are getting three a day. I took mom an 18 ct carton Friday! I still have a dozen eggs in the fridge. Going to be running over in eggs around here again!

I still haven't drank any cokes! I thought Jethro had lost his marbles this evening when he asked me if I had any coke stashed away somewhere? Ummmmm NOOOO! I have done some snacking though. Too much food at Christmas and NYE! My belly is rebelling too! Gotta get back on routine again!

Okay! Gotta get Molly's bed made. She's been wanting attention these past few nights so I've been sitting and holding her a lot! Coffee pots to prepare and then I'm heading between the sheets in my cold room. Love it! LOL

TOD
Old 01-04-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Wow, what a milestone, Great job TOD!
Old 01-05-2016, 12:10 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Ernest01 View Post
Wow, what a milestone, Great job TOD!
Thank You Ernest!

TOD
Old 01-05-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Last night was my pay bills night! Ugh! I took the time to write everything down to show Jethro exactly what was going out and how much we had left! I did this because he has NO clue what's being done with the bills. He doesn't want to know either! He's happy I deal with all this! If I leave us $10.00 in the bank? That's okay as long as the bills get paid! I hate past due charges or worse, late payments where I end up having to pay double. ARGH! And what really pizzes me off? Is when I set my bills up for automatic payments and they charge me extra for the convience! They should be giving me a discount for being a good customer!

Jethro really showed his azz Saturday. He even yelled "F U" at me! I calmly told him I didn't appreciate that type of words directed at myself! I didn't explode on him or treat him as badly or worse because of it! So it didn't take long for things to calm down. Now if I'd still been using the pain meds? Holy Smolly! We'd probably still be screaming at each other! I knew he felt bad about doing it from his actions later that night. And today when I got up he had a lot done and told me to turn around and go get dressed. He'd already started my coffee to brewing, my computer was turned on AWA the TV. LOL I gave him a big hug, a thank you and headed off to get dressed.

This evening he was making popcorn as a snack. He told me it had less calories in it! OHHHH???? I guess he's trying to finally lose some weight after all! Thank goodness! It's no easy task! I already know! It's hard breaking that habit of sitting around snacking while in front of the TV. But it can be done!

Little Sherry has started defending herself! When I come inside wearing my calves high fuzzy house shoes she'll start ducking her head, stretching her neck and moving from one foot to the other. (Dancing) I'll swing my foot up in the air and then back down. Alternating between my feet. She'll run back and forth at my feet all the while doing those goofy moves. I'll walk backwards at some point and she'll chase my feet while staying low to the floor. Then she'll run back to where she was. Tonight she decided to fly up at my foot like she was attacking it. ROFL Me and Jethro started laughing. I asked Jethro if he now had an attack chicken to protect him? He said: "I guess so and just started shaking his head from side to side!"

Maria is still barely tolerating her! While she was under her blankie on the couch tonight. Sherry was getting too close to her and she snaked her neck out to peck her. DOH! I told Jethro to get Sherry away from her and to cover Maria back up! I was across the room from them when I saw it happen. Jethro was sitting there with his back to them.

Mom called this evening with another problem. Her light bulb wasn't staying on in the pump house. The temps are getting down into the low 20's at night! We don't need her pump freezing up on her! So Jethro is going over there tomorrow to work on the problem! Then Jethro told me right before he went to bed his daughter wanted him to come up to her place so he can go with her to a gun range to practice shooting her pistol. Ugh! I told him I'll never come between him and his daughter. Just don't expect me to have anything to do with her right now. I've had peace in my life not having to deal with her anymore and I'm enjoying it! It's her mouth that has caused me to be this way now. And by her saying all that crap about me on her FB page? Ugh! Makes me wonder how many read it and is now thinking I'm this horrible stepmom! If they only knew the truth? Just another reason why I hate FB! I did go on my page last night to look at beautiful Hawaii pictures my daughter posted from their Christmas vacation there! They even visited the grounds where the last Jurassic Park movie was made!

I've learned thru the years if there's ppl that bring negative stuff into my life? I X-nay them from my life! I have lots of aquaintances in my life and many ppl I'm friendly with! Or rather friendly ppl I associate with! I used to have a real good friend, but our paths don't cross anymore. She's heavy into meds now. Jethro's cousin I grew up with used to be a good friend too. He's now heavy into drugs and we don't speak anymore! I've always had ppl around me and get along with many of them. But I grew up roaming the countryside on my horse(s) and enjoyed the solitude! I'm good at keeping myself entertained and of course I always have the chickens for company whenever I'm awake and Jethro is asleep! When I run into soldiers I used to work with? They always give me big hugs and want to know what I'm doing with myself? LOL I don't have too many dull moments!

Everyone have a clean day! Find something to make you smile!

TOD
Old 01-06-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

I've been working on my bedroom tonight! Washing sheets, throwing large comforters in the dryer to freshen them up too! Got Molly's bed all torn apart so I can give her all new fresh stuff too!

Can we say I feel like a Duffus tonight! I've been sitting in this porch room earlier freezing! I've had the heat bulb damned near pulled on top of me to stay warm. The gas stove just wasn't keeping it warm in here. It's 26 degrees right now. Well then I was over at the stove later and looked down at it. WHAT? You mean to tell me there's another higher setting on this damned thing? ARGH! I cranked that puppy up! LOL It's nice and warm in here now! ROFL

Jethro got mom's light fixed today! My younger nephew and the young man he's living with showed up at mom's too. So they all got busy and got a ton of wood loaded onto mom's porch! Then Jethro noticed mom's 4wheeler had a problem. SOOO? Now he's got to take his truck over there and load it up to bring back here to work on it! I asked him when he planned on going to his daughters and he just shrugged! I figured as much!

Mom had a pot of homemade soup cooking to feed all of them! Jethro doesn't eat soup so mom pulled out the lunchmeat for him! My nephew told mom to let him know if she needed help with anything since he'll be living down the road from her now. Hmmmmmmm That's good info! I might put him to work myself! LOL I'll have to change my hours for that to happen though!

Well I better get back to getting my bedroom put back together! Molly will be letting me know she's ready for bed before too long! At least she doesn't stand with one foot in the air like Maria does to be picked up! LOL Every one of our chickens all have a different personality! It just amazes me! Mom got another carton of eggs from us today too! She shared the first carton with her sister, my Aunt! My Aunt got all excited when mom told her they came from our new hens! My Uncle is a diabetic and gets one egg at breakfast time. He'd much rather have a free range egg than a store bought egg! Large difference in them!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 01-06-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Do your best

I love your posts Tod
Old 01-06-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Soberwolf!

I'm just full of hot air and funny stories! ROFL Welcome to my world!

TOD