# 321 (permalink)  
Do your best

This thread moves fast lol
Old 12-02-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
This thread moves fast lol
We have a lively bunch of folks on here enjoying life off our DOC!
Life isn't all talking about drugs and alcohol! We are enjoying life now! And yes our pets are a big part of our Recovery!

TOD
Old 12-02-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Oh, Tod, you can be long winded too lol! I'm so happy about the new addition(s) to your crazy fam!

Hi Determined! Yep, we were both prescribed methadone for 10yrs ( I was also prescribed norco & klonopin. ) Klonopin, was by far the most difficult to get off from. When we lost our doc in the beginning of 2014, we both switched to heroin ( & I continued buying klonopin off the streets.

I've been clean since Aug.2014 now ( hubs took 8mos longer. )

Aren't you wondering why I'm still up, Tod? I took a long nap this afternoon ( which I never do ) & surprised, I wasn't sleepy at my normal 11-12. Now, it's nearing morning, so I'm just going to try & stay awake all day ( or else my schedule will get all messed up. )
Old 12-02-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hey, I forgot to tell you about this. My son ( who still lives w/us lol ) gave his 2wks at the dead end job has been working for the last 2yrs.

Today, he landed the greatest job! My son in law works there & helped get him in. The company has great benefits ( the main thing lacking in his last job. ) Raise after 30 days, 5 days paid vacation after only 60 days. That's unheard of! My son in law has only worked there for 3 1/2yrs & already has 3wks paid vacation & he has gotten $8 in raises already ( plus he started out at $15! ) They also have medical & dental. And the company matches what is put into IRA. Just a super great opportunity for my kid! I'm so excited for him!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Oh, Tod, you can be long winded too lol! I'm so happy about the new addition(s) to your crazy fam!

Hi Determined! Yep, we were both prescribed methadone for 10yrs ( I was also prescribed norco & klonopin. ) Klonopin, was by far the most difficult to get off from. When we lost our doc in the beginning of 2014, we both switched to heroin ( & I continued buying klonopin off the streets.

Aren't you wondering why I'm still up, Tod? I took a long nap this afternoon ( which I never do ) & surprised, I wasn't sleepy at my normal 11-12. Now, it's nearing morning, so I'm just going to try & stay awake all day ( or else my schedule will get all messed up. )
ME? Long winded? NEVER!

Why yes Kz! I was a wondering what'cha doing up all night with me? Was gonna ask you about that! LOL You better take a short nap so you're back on schedule! You'll be dragging that bum of your's by 5:00 PM today! The sun will be up here in about 30 minutes! I plan on being between the sheets before it arrives!

I just checked on Sherry in her carrier! Poor little thing is sneezing her head off. And then she does the head wiggling from having too much snot in her sinuses! I'm going to plug my little burner into her room and add some menthol stuff to it to help her breathe better!

I just finished getting the two coffee pots ready for brewing after we get up! Got Ms High and Mighty Molly's clothes basket ready for her highness too! She wanted OUT of the chicken bedroom due to Sherry being in there! LOL So she's standing behind me primping her feathers! Marvin's standing in his carrier above her saying: "Let me out Momma!" Nope! Ain't happening!

So with no further adoo? I'm shutting down for the night! Y'all get to bed and get some good rest! Does the body GOOD!

TOD
Old 12-02-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hey, I forgot to tell you about this. My son ( who still lives w/us lol ) gave his 2wks at the dead end job has been working for the last 2yrs.

Today, he landed the greatest job! My son in law works there & helped get him in. The company has great benefits ( the main thing lacking in his last job. ) Raise after 30 days, 5 days paid vacation after only 60 days. That's unheard of! My son in law has only worked there for 3 1/2yrs & already has 3wks paid vacation & he has gotten $8 in raises already ( plus he started out at $15! ) They also have medical & dental. And the company matches what is put into IRA. Just a super great opportunity for my kid! I'm so excited for him!
WONDERFUL! There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

You're such a good mommy to your chickies! Sweet dreams lady!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

Yawn-Stretch! My head hit the pillow and I was OUT! Didn't wake up until 1:30 PM! I looked at the clock, rolled over and was right back to sleep! Then I woke up at 3:30 PM! It's so hard to crawl out from underneath those warm sheets! But mother nature soon awakens things that demand I get up! And to make it worse? I sneezed before I got up! OH HELL! Time to run! LOL

Jethro had already gotten little Sherry out of her carrier and placed on the floor in the chicken bedroom! He also changed the black light bulb back to the large red heat bulb and turned the light down towards the floor to keep her warm in there! When I peeped around the wall at her she was sitting beside the large mirror. She saw me and started singing. I walked into the room and she came over to me. She's still sneezing, but nothing like she was doing last night! She's so tiny and so skinny I'm afraid to touch her! She's been eating a lot though! She has five different bowls of chicken food to choose from in the room! With the meds I'm giving her, being warm and eating good food? She'll rebound quickly! She's got a face full of feathers. I'll have to get them trimmed so she can see better! First time feather cuttings are always a feat in itself! LOL

Jethro went to bed last night with a real sweaty forehead! That's a sign of him coming off the pain meds! I'll take it! He's acting like himself today not on the pain meds! Thank you Lord! As for myself? Well! I'm myself! LOL I haven't had to deal with the effects of coming off the pain meds in well over a year now! I LOVE it! When I first walk into the living room from getting up to snatch Maria up for some kisses and cuddling? I now look out the windows and feel like one of those ppl driving by! I'm back to living and feeling good! I cried when I looked out the window at ppl driving by when I was first detoxing off the pain meds! Life was passing me by! Not anymore!

No matter how much a person thinks their drugs are ruling their life? It's yourself that is allowing it! Yes detox and w/d's is a pain in the azz! It's the doorway we all have/had to walk thru to get to the other side! The other side is beautiful and so worth getting to!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 12-03-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Wow KZ! A whole year and 3 months! That is so impressive! Keep up the great work... I hope to be joining you on those big figures real soon.
6 days seems a little bit pathetic in comparison
Old 12-03-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

D82!

For those of us with lots of time off our DOC? We all started at day ONE!
It starts off as a battle NOT to use our DOC! At the end of day One we thank ourselves and then whatever or whoever else we thank for getting us thru!

Day two arrives and we start all over again! Repeat Day One! It's always taken me seven days to get thru the worst of it! Some take shorter time and some take longer! We are all different! I drank lots of slim fast powdered shake mix in 2% milk during that time too! I wanted no part of food, but I knew I needed to keep my strength up!

A person that is determined to stay clean can get it done! Nothing will get in their way to accomplish it! My husband still uses the pain meds and they are here on the property! I haven't touched a ONE of them!

A person that stops using can get clean and stay clean. However? The first DOC we use down the road reactivates those endorphins again. They lay dormant waiting! So it doesn't matter how much clean time we have! One use and we are right back where we left off! There are many that have gone a long time w/o and then think they can use just a little bit now and then! Wrong answer! Our brain and body is legally bound to those feelings now! The thought of never being able to use again is truly frightening to ppl and it keeps them from stopping!

I'm head strong and don't want that life anymore! So I do my damndest not to touch the pain meds again! I know I'll reach a point if I do that there's never enough pills for me to keep myself satisfied on them. So I tell myself all the time: "Why take that first pill? Don't start the circus all over again!"

TOD
Old 12-03-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
D82!

It starts off as a battle NOT to use our DOC! At the end of day One we thank ourselves and then whatever or whoever else we thank for getting us thru!

Day two arrives and we start all over again! Repeat Day One! It's always taken me seven days to get thru the worst of it! Some take shorter time and some take longer! We are all different! I drank lots of slim fast powdered shake mix in 2% milk during that time too! I wanted no part of food, but I knew I needed to keep my strength up!

A person that is determined to stay clean can get it done! Nothing will get in their way to accomplish it! My husband still uses the pain meds and they are here on the property! I haven't touched a ONE of them!

A person that stops using can get clean and stay clean. However? The first DOC we use down the road reactivates those endorphins again. They lay dormant waiting! So it doesn't matter how much clean time we have! One use and we are right back where we left off! There are many that have gone a long time w/o and then think they can use just a little bit now and then! Wrong answer! Our brain and body is legally bound to those feelings now! The thought of never being able to use again is truly frightening to ppl and it keeps them from stopping!

I'm head strong and don't want that life anymore! So I do my damndest not to touch the pain meds again! I know I'll reach a point if I do that there's never enough pills for me to keep myself satisfied on them. So I tell myself all the time: "Why take that first pill? Don't start the circus all over again!"

TOD
Yup. That was me. 6 years off the booze and right back to where i started in approximately 30 mins

Over and over again with pain meds too. The last time I took 50 pills by 4 in the afternoon and was STILL craving and that was after 6 weeks off
Old 12-03-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Ty Determined,
50 pills by 4pm, ouch! Lol!
I was at 6 days once too & I know it seems like a long way off, but before you know it, you'll be at 1yr.,3mo's, too!
Old 12-03-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Startingover444 View Post
Yup. That was me. 6 years off the booze and right back to where i started in approximately 30 mins

Over and over again with pain meds too. The last time I took 50 pills by 4 in the afternoon and was STILL craving and that was after 6 weeks off
You see Startingover? I wasn't telling a big ole fat lie there! You've experienced it and so have I! Well of course there's many that know me on here for the fact I'm not a liar and don't beat around the bush either! The slip ups along the way! The rush of being right back where we left off! Ugh! In a way it's very depressing knowing we can never partake of those things again or we're in trouble! But on the other hand? It's depressing at the thought of stopping them too!

We have to get past the depressing thoughts in order to learn how to live life w/o our DOC! I'm lucky in the fact I'm retired and I choose to do what I want to from day to day. I don't have to answer to anyone on a day to day basis anymore. Well I answer to the little feathered ones around here, but that's pure love! So I have no problem with that!

I have my good days where I get lots done around here. Then there's those days I want to do nothing but watch TV! I watch a lot of the older stuff now. It amazes me how much I missed in them while strung out on pain meds! Truly frightening! Makes me wonder how much I missed out on in real life? I just existed while on the pain meds! I wasn't actually being an active part of the day to day life!

My mom has been telling me stuff about the old days here lately. Thank God I'm clean and awake now. Hopefully I can remember what she's telling me now that I'm not in a brain fog anymore? My mom has a memory like an Elephant! She remembers everything! Just blows me away!

My brain was slowly being pickled while I was taking those damned pain meds! Slowly shriveling up into nothingness! It's frightening to think about how long I was on those pain meds! I'm so happy I woke up somewhere along the way and said: "Enough is Enough!" I have over one year clean, but the honest truth about those days is it's really only day one for me! One slip up and it all goes away! So I'm hanging around on day one whistling my way thru life! Time under our feet off our DOC is real important though! The longer we are off the crap the better WE are! So time does matter for those clean days!

TOD
Old 12-04-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

TB: I want to thank you for your story! Will be waiting to hear the next chapter!

Kz: Thank you for your story too! One hell of a story to bounce back from!

I'm glad all three of y'all - Kz's husband included here - are all doing well and sticking to the clean road!

I'm at one year, five months clean now! Still haven't touched any cokes either! My body is rebelling against me right now for that and not partaking of junk food too! Sigh! Jethro is killing my dieting! I'll make my herbal shake to drink and will be doing good! Then an hour later he'll holler he's hungry. So I go inside to cook his meal and of course smelling all that food makes me want to eat part of it! ARGH! He also thinks I'm starving and demands I sit down to eat with him! I want to just yell: "I'm not hungry and I damned sure don't want to look like you! Too overweight!"

His back was hurting real bad earlier this evening! I wanted to tell him: "You're going to hurt more right now because you're coming off the pain meds!" But I kept quite! I keep thinking he'll learn, but he hasn't yet! I know he's off them again, due to how loving he's been! He thinks I can't tell when he's popping the pills. Oh but I know!

TB: Winter's going to eventually find you! It's 32.9 degrees here! Burrrrrrrr! I was out and about earlier in the evening! It was cold out there! I'm now sitting in the porch room with Molly on the floor and Marvin in his carrier! I've got the heat bulb plugged in for Marvin and Molly. I've also got the gas stove turned up too! It's nice and toasty in here now! Jethro and Maria are already in bed. Little Sherry is asleep beside the large mirror in the chicken bedroom on the floor. I've got a black light bulb turned on close to her to keep her warm. I sleep in a cold bedroom! Don't want no heat in there! Molly doesn't like it hot either while she's in her clothes basket asleep in my bedroom!

We are asleep and awake at all hours in this house! Someone watching our place to rob would be very confused on a good time to do it! The poor pizza delivery guy the other day encountered our large dog growling and barking at himself before I knew he was here. Magnum feels if you don't belong here? Then you've got to answer to me first! Including predators! When the chickens see or hear something out of the ordinary? They commence the growling too! Who needs alarms when I have all these pets to tell me somethings wrong? LOL

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 12-04-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go on 17 months Tod next month you reach 18 months XO
Old 12-04-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Way to go on 17 months Tod next month you reach 18 months XO
Thanks Soberwolf!

Actually? The 7th of each month is another month for me! The date I started this journey was 7-7-2014! I didn't intentionally pick that unique date for my start day either. It just happened that way! LOL

I was wanting off the pain meds and the first good chance I had to start the detoxing I started it! I had too many other events that prevented me from having at least a week to detox off the meds before anything else I had to be a part of occurred! And be damned if my family didn't decide to get together on my 7th day clean! ARGH!

My big old nephew walked up behind me on that day and playfully shoved me out of his way. I almost hit the dirt! Jethro was the only one that knew I was coming off the pain meds! My family all know about the different times I've been on/off the pain meds. I didn't see any sense in bothering them with it again.

I know y'all are thinking: "What excuses for not starting earlier?" The first was me sitting with dad on third shift at my parent's home the last week he was alive! Then mom moved in with us for a month! (She's like a pizz ant on speed)! Everybody decided to have Thanksgiving at our home too since mom was here and we didn't want to have it at my parent's house so soon after dad's passing. Then there was Christmas coming up! Then the New Year! Mom moved back home and then Jethro got real sick. He was sick for three months! Not long after that he had surgery on his wrist! After Jethro recovered from surgery and could take over caring for everything around here? I started my detoxing!

I kept myself on a low amount each day so it wouldn't be so hard to come off them. My biggest problem was my RLS during the first month. Thank God I'd been using the prescribed Carbidopa for years for my RLS. I used a lot of them to help me get thru the first month off the pain meds!

Now y'all know a little more about my story! And Kz? I wasn't even long winded either!

TOD
Old 12-05-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your awesome
Old 12-05-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
D82!

TOD
Hi TOD
Thank you so much for your honest, accurate and actually very inspirational post.

Can I just ask what is DOC? Been trying to work it out lol.

I do feel like every day I am basically repeating day one and quite frankly it's exhausting.

All I do know is I can't officially go back to day one. I just won't let this happen. Well done to you on 17 months!! What a fantastic achievement. I bet life has improved so much for you. Keep up the great work
Old 12-05-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Determined82 View Post
Hi TOD
Thank you so much for your honest, accurate and actually very inspirational post.

Can I just ask what is DOC? Been trying to work it out lol.

I do feel like every day I am basically repeating day one and quite frankly it's exhausting.

All I do know is I can't officially go back to day one. I just won't let this happen. Well done to you on 17 months!! What a fantastic achievement. I bet life has improved so much for you. Keep up the great work
Thank You D82!

DOC is: Drug of Choice!

TOD
Old 12-05-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

D82!

Like I said before! I'm head strong! Once I put my mind to doing something? It's going to happen! I was also a stubborn cuss while in Army Basic Training too! So much physical chit to get thru as well as mental stuff on top of that!

When my Company made the 20 mile march with large packs on our backs? I reached a point at the 18th mile where my back was killing me! I asked the Drill SGT if I could put my back pack in the truck but continue marching? His answer? If you do that you'll not get credit for the 20 mile march! I said: "Oh hell NO! I didn't make it 18 miles only to be discredited with two miles left to go!" I stood up straighter and finished the two miles left with the pack on my back! I went on to graduate with Honors at the end of my 9 weeks there! I went straight into AIT school after Basic! Going to school M-F and all the exercising along with running five miles a day for 12 weeks was grueling! I managed to graduate with Honors from school too!

I think back to that time when I'm C/T'ing off the pain meds! If I did THAT? Then I can do this! BTW? I turned 25 while I was in Basic Training!

Our mind and body is going to rebel big time at anything that's not the normal for us! We have to retrain our mind and body to do w/o the comforts we are trying to stop doing or using! Just like I had to do when I stopped drinking sodas! Oh how I miss those! But I know they aren't good for me at the rate I was drinking them. So I've chosen to not drink them at all!

You've got to learn to be stronger than the pain meds! You're going to have some uncomfortable days in the beginning because your mind is screaming at you: "You can't do w/o them!" But you really can! You lived years w/o them before you ever started them! So tell that little person sitting on your shoulder tapping on your head to take them? Go the hell away!

One other thing I did for myself to stay off them? I got a picture of myself from earlier years where I was laughing and enjoying life off the pain meds! I kept that picture where I could look at it all the time. That was another reminder of who I could be again!

TOD