SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   30 days off opiates (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/357824-30-days-off-opiates.html)

jt22 01-27-2015 07:01 PM

30 days off opiates

Just wanted to share this, couldn't have gotten this far without this site. Also 11 days no marijuana. Not very long, but i feel good about it as a start, definitely new to me.

Tiredofdrugs 01-28-2015 12:25 AM

Great work jim!

Keep it up!

TOD

AliceInTheRain 01-28-2015 10:18 AM

Well done Jim :c011:

PurpleKnight 01-28-2015 10:32 AM

Fantastic Jim!! :scoregood

Dee74 01-28-2015 07:31 PM

way to go Jim :c014:

D

neferkamichael 01-28-2015 07:43 PM

Jimt91, 30 days of opiates is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya. :egypt:

jt22 01-29-2015 09:11 PM

Thanks everyone i appreciate the kind words!

Impurrfect 01-30-2015 07:13 PM

Congratulations Jim!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

gnarlyboots 01-30-2015 07:48 PM

Well done J, 30 days is a strong effort and a perfect start to any recovery, keep at it!

finaltime 02-02-2015 02:15 AM

Awesome!!!

four812 02-02-2015 09:37 AM

Great job Jim. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to your future posts :-)

Bassmasters 02-06-2015 11:36 AM

Every little bit counts! but what seems to count most is the lack of need to count at all. Embrace a new way of living, and walk away from old habits, maybe including one's still in mind.

Fluffer 02-06-2015 11:39 AM

Well done! Bravo!

jt22 02-06-2015 01:32 PM

Thanks! Still going strong, i agree not needing to count in the long run is probably a good sign, but at the very least when starting out i like to count because it gives me something to look forward to and an incentive to make everyday a sober day.

How do you guys feel about having a few a couple beers at a party 1-2x a month(if that)? When i was younger i used to get drunk a lot for fun, but i have no interest in alcohol and simply enjoy a couple beers if i happen to be out a drinking party(which isnt often). Most of the time i turn alcohol down. I understand the worry of creating another habit, but ive never found alcohol as an escape and dont feel ashamed about drinking a small amount when i do. If im feeling bad id rather be sober than drink to be honest. I am not stubborn about this though and if you guys would think avoiding it altogether would be for the best then i could embrace that. I just havent seen any issues arise from alcohol unless mixed with my other DOCs so i wasnt sure if itd be okay to keep it in moderation or if i should cut it out 100%. Some of you with more experience know better than me so im interested in hearing what you have to say.

jmag 02-06-2015 02:56 PM

Hey jim - glad you are doing well. Today is 40 for me and I like counting still too - eventually (soon) I will want to stop, but I like the idea of the incentive of getting to 45 than 60, etc.

Anyway, this is my second attempt at stopping opiates. The first i was mainly on suboxone for a year while messing around occassionally on weekends. I dont really count that as being sober and when I stopped I was still taking some kpins to help w the wd and after two months I just relapsed. This time i went cold turkey off a large habit and am doing quite well. I feel great and have no need to use again which is brilliant.

I never enjoyed drinking except when mixing with the kpins, so i also dont think
I would feel bad having a few drinks at a party. Last weekend I went out w my gf and her friends and I had 3 liquor drinks. I definitly didnt want to keep drinking and have no urge to do it again. I dont see a problem having a drink or two at a party, but I really
Know deep down that i will probably not develop a problem with drinking. I guess each person is different and some should abstain completely. I probably wont have another drink for a few weeks as I think it may worsen my current state of PaWS.

Glad you are doing well!