SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 56 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/335238-hen-house-talk-all-welcome-part-56-a.html)

Timebuster 07-05-2014 04:43 AM

(TOD) I'm sorry for your loss, sending thoughts and prayers to you and Jethro. Dorothy can now cross over to the rainbow Bridge and be with our brothers and sisters in peace.

Hugs
TB

Timebuster 07-05-2014 05:00 AM

Good morning HH.

It rained all day yesterday which kept the temperatures nice and cool. Last night was a dream to sleep with temperatures in the mid-50s. Today should reach mid-80s but the humidity should be to bad.

Never made it to the flea market, as soon as I walked out the door it started raining. So I made a cup of coffee and watched a movie. Campground is packed with Fourth of July weekend vacationers. I'm heading out to get some breakfast, then this afternoon I'm going to a rock out cook out NA is having. Live music and plenty to eat. My kind of fun. Everyone have a wonderful day.

Hugs to all
TB

Impurrfect 07-05-2014 07:22 PM

TOD - I'm so sorry about Dorothy. I envision a part of Rainbow Bridge that is all of the HH and SR loves, all together and arguing over who was spoiled the most.

TB - sorry about the rain, but glad you had a good day anyway.

Today was okay, but mentally stressful. Tomorrow I am hoping to work on my resume with Bev's oldest son as I'm using a template he had professionally done. Maybe I can sneak in some time in the pool, too?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Tiredofdrugs 07-05-2014 07:26 PM

Thanks Amy!

There is a way to get your resume's noticed if they are being sent in by internet. I'll tell you and others tomorrow.

I'm headed to bed now. I have a major headache going on. I stayed up today and the no sleep is causing it. Getting ready to remedy that problem. Maria is ready for bed too! She missed out on her nap by mom not being in bed!

Night Night!

TOD

venuscat 07-05-2014 08:18 PM

TOD ~ I am so very sorry about Dorothy. May she rest in peace.
Huge hugs.

Love to all of you ~

V xx

chicory 07-05-2014 08:28 PM

(((TOD)))) Oh, no. I am so sorry to hear about your Dorothy. You did all you could . She was loved and spoiled and lived quite a life . I am really really sorry that you lost her.

She is at the Rainbow Bridge, strutting her stuff in that lovely square dancing outfit she was famous for.

Rest sweetly, little Dorothy.

:hug: and love,
chicory

Live 07-06-2014 06:47 AM

Very sorry to hear about Dorothy, TOD.

Chicory: the vitamins & supplements:
Green tea
multivitamin
B complex with extra C
D, 5000 iu
E
Fish oil or krill oil
I take Tums for the Gerd but that supplies calcium as well.
David's dr told him to take CoQ10 too. I think I should take it as well since my cholesterol has been looking not so good.

I've got the dishes caught up and we went thro some bins that were full up of misc yesterday. YAY!

Took a big bag to Goodwill and also gave away a small tv.
Naturally got a bag of books. I also splurged and bought some from Amazon since Goodwill's choices are limited.

I don't remember reading that book, chicory but titles don't stick in my mind.

I can highly recommend two:
The Red Tent by Anita Diamont
and The Kite Runner

I am relishing the cooler temps.

I am seeing the primary dr for a wellness checkup my insur company scheduled for me tomorrow. I am going to try to get something better for the GERD, I don't get heartburn so much as nausea and sometimes my dinner comes back up. It is causing me to be fearful about eating. Last night I had waffles with real maple syrup (YUM) and slept thro the night...and that makes a difference.

David bought Diabetes for Dummies upon my recommendation. It says you can't have a "touch of diabetes any more than you can be a touch pregnant." I think we needed to hear this since his numbers have been so good and it is too easy to think of him a borderline.

I rescued a couple of fold up outdoor chairs from a curb where neighbors were evicted...keep those in the trunk. Maybe you can find a deal, TB.

I love thrift shops & etc but don't dare...have too much to clear out first and remodeling to finish.

hugs to all!

T

Impurrfect 07-06-2014 10:49 AM

Live - YAY on getting the dishes washed and going through things!

Chicory - I was thinking of Dorothy strutting her square dancing outfit in front of the cats, dogs, horse, geckos and silkies that we've lost here.

I'm off and so grateful. Mrs. C called me this morning, he was being "the devil incarnated", cussing and fussing and wouldn't eat. She wanted to know whether to give him his meds, I told her not until he eats. I did NOT jump in my car and go over there, I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Working on my resume, in between spoiling the cats, and making headway.

Going to sit outside with Sam for a while, as it's not terribly hot and the deck is covered, so stays fairly cool.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Tiredofdrugs 07-06-2014 04:09 PM

Quick note to those doing resume's! I'm really busy right now!

At the bottom of your cover letter! Type in certain words like: typing, filing or anything else that references the job. (You also want to use as many words in your resume' as what they are asking for)! Pick and pull from the job description! But? Do it so no one else can see it! :) I know! You're saying DO WHAT? LOL

Use the white color Font to change the typed words when you're done! You'll be Ghost Writing! Of course this has to be done on white paper! The computer can see the words, but people can't! The resume's received at the job are usually run thru a computer. The computer picks and chooses the resume's to be pulled and looked at. The computer will pick up on the words at the bottom of the page. Your resume' will be flagged for pulling and looked at. Sort of gives you an upper hand in the slew of resume's being submitted.

Okay! I gotta get back to what I'm doing! Good luck with those resume's! Just be sure to put the letters in white Font before sending your resume'!

BTW: TB didn't have internet or cable this morning. He's PISSSSED! He'll check in when he gets it back on!

TOD

Timebuster 07-07-2014 04:48 AM

Good morning HH.

What beautiful weather we had this weekend. It was in the mid-80s, but the humidity was very low. Which makes nice to be outside. Today It's going to be hot hot hot, in the mid-90s with high humidity.

(Venus) Happy to see you. I hope everything is okay with you. You have been missed.

(Amy) Emphasize your strengths on your resume, in your cover letters and in your interviews. It may sound obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people simply list everything they've ever done. Convey your passion and link your strengths to measurable results. Employers and interviewers love concrete data.

(Live) Good luck with your checkup today. I'm not your traditional book reader, but I do read a lot of recovery books and literature. Anything to do with recovery fascinates me. Keep an open mind is my motto.

(TOD) How is Jethro doing these days? Let him know I said hi.

Yes I was pissed, I come home Saturday evening to no cable or internet. Half of the campground including the general store had no cable or internet. I called the cable company at first they said there was outage in the area. The third time I called at 4 o'clock in the morning they said there was no outage in my area. I said that's good to know then why I still don't have cable or internet? After huffing and puffing over the phone I got them to send a technician here on Sunday. When the technician got here around 12, I told him when I spoke to the person on the phone I told them that half of the campground have no service. The technician said he wasn't aware that. Anyway, the bottom line they had to send out an emergency crew to look for the problem. Around 4 PM Sunday afternoon we got our service back.

While the service was out I watched a couple of DVDs to pass the time. Did anyone see the movie American Hustle? Entertaining movie, I can relate to it.

Busy day ahead of me. I got chores to take care of, and a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

Hugs to all
TB

venuscat 07-07-2014 04:56 AM

So good to see you TB love...

And OH NOW I GET IT TOD!!!! You tried to explain this to me once before. I missed the whole white font bit....what a fantastic idea girl!!!!!

I posted in Mental Health yesterday. This has not been a good time for me.
I don't want to repeat myself....just want you all to know that there has been some really hard stuff and I am trying to get past it.

TOD and Ames have been checking in on me and I'm very grateful for that.

Love to all in the HH,

V xx

Impurrfect 07-07-2014 10:15 AM

TOD - I never heard about the white color for stuff to be read by the computer, but I do know everything is about keywords. Thanks for the info.

TB - I have been stressing my strengths and using "action words" which is highly recommended. Bev emailed her son's resume I'm using for format, which makes it a WHOLE lot easier as I can just remove his info and put mine in.

Mrs. C got mad at me and daughter today, slammed the front door on her way out. I just ignored her and she eventually came around. Other daughter and SIL are taking Mr. C to an eye dr. tomorrow morning.

Today would have been mom's 74th birthday. I miss her.

Venus - will check out your other thread, but I am really glad you are back!

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers ,

Amy

venuscat 07-07-2014 09:27 PM

Ames ~ you already did love. I'm quite sure you posted in it.
I know how much you miss your mum. I know how it feels...guess many of us here in the HH do.

Live ~ I'm so sorry...I have been reading but not responding to you. So I just wanted to send you a hug. Just because.

And I know you are missing Dorothy TOD, so more hugs for you too.

Love to all in the HH,

V xx

Live 07-08-2014 06:01 AM

awwww, venus, how kind! Here are some (((((hugs)))) to you.

I read your thread and empathize completely. I didn't respond because I rely on prescriptions to combat my symptoms, else I would never step foot outside the house.

David found my missing Kindle yesterday...where in the world was it, I ask. A: under the couch. WHAT?!! I have looked under the sofa so many times I felt like an imbecile doing the same thing over and expecting different results. I know what is under the couch...2 hand weights. So, the answer is that at the very end of the sofa I had an old laptop leaned up against the wall. The kindle was hiding behind that!

The day before that he found his previous pair of glasses, where I did not ask, but the ones I bought him last June look sharp, I think, but they are progressive lens and the part for reading is a super small strip at the bottom due to smaller lenses/frames.

So, now I am hoping he will locate my glasses!

I got 2 new scrips yesterday for the upset stomach..queasiness, nausea, sometimes vomiting as a result of the GERD and hiatal hernia. They worked yesterday, so keeping my fingers crossed.
Dr did tell me I need to adjust my diet and get daily exercise due to cholesterol levels.
OK BUT I am still going to use bacon drippings to season some things.

I have an appmt with the pdr today. Going with the status quo as I haven't taken my supplements daily but if my adl's don't improve by next visit I am going to ask to raise the dosage on my antid.

The "C's" sound like difficult people, Amy. I don't think I could handle it with the grace that you do.

(((hugs to all the special people a/k/a Hen Housers))))
T

Timebuster 07-08-2014 09:38 AM

Good morning HH

Hot and sticky today highs in the mid-90s. Expecting thunderstorms tonight to continue for the next two days.

Man refused hepatitis C treatment because of an outstanding $30 dollar debt from 2009.

I am brushing my teeth when I get a call from the liver Dr.Office. Telling me I have an outstanding debt from 2009. And until I pay it I can no longer see the doctor. I said really I owe you $30 dollars from 2009? How can that be when before this year I've never been to this office or ever heard of the doctor what ever his name is. She insisted it's not a mistake and if I want to keep tomorrow's appointment with the doctor I have to pay the $30 dollars first. To put this in context, I had several visits with this Dr. and had tests and procedures done since March of this year. Why now, why after so many months have passed by they are now trying arm twist me into paying money I feel I don't owe them. When I calm down I will call the office and try to straighten this out. If not, I guess I'm going to have to find another liver Dr. and start this crap all over again.

In other interesting news, yesterday I went to see the Pulmonary doctor. What a incredible experience that was. This is my first visit to this Dr. and as soon as I walked into the office there was no receptionist around. The nurse who took my temperature and blood pressure had an attitude beyond words. When I asked her what her name, she bluntly said none of my business. When she asked me what medication I'm taking, I said I don't remember the exact names for them, She read the riot act and with deep sarcasm in her voice said who comes to a doctor's office and doesn't remember the medication they are taking. Then, she had me take a breathing test and I didn't get it right the first time, again with a sarcastic remarks she said we are not stupid here, listen to my instructions and maybe you will get it right this time. Trust me when I tell you I was this close of letting go of 10 years of anger on this lady. Thank God for my program or I would've been in jail for attempted murder.

The best part, when I finally met the doctor and told him what just happened to me he laugh it off like it was nothing. I got the feeling I'm not the only one who complained about her. Anyway, since this is a new Dr. he is having me take some tests. The usual stuff, chest x-ray and a lung function test. Plus the main reason I went to see this Dr. was to get around not taking the overnight sleep apnea test so I get the supplies I need for my CPAP machine. Looks like I'm going to have to take a test after all.

(Venus) It hasn't been easy I know that it's rough, but you're gonna make it cause you're pretty tough. We all love you and we are here for you.

(Amy) There is nothing in life more painful than losing a loved one, the love is there forever though, we never really lose them only from the physical plane. No matter what, you will always have your in your heart.

A Shout out to all the missing Hen Housers. You are missed.

Hugs to all
TB

Timebuster 07-08-2014 01:09 PM

They put lines in parking lots for reason. When I go shopping I always park my truck as closes to the right as possible. So when I finish shopping and come out with the shopping scooter I can drive right up to the side of my truck open the door and put my groceries in the truck. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me, where I come out and cars are parked outside of their line where I can't drive the shopping scooter in between the two cars.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...ca6b84625d.jpg

Now if I attempt to drive the scooter in between the two cars and scratch the other car with the shopping scooter then I am at fault. It just don't make sense. I swear how people are so inconsiderate.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...720c11fe2d.jpg

TB

Live 07-08-2014 04:29 PM

I want my long hair cut like this:

http://hairstylesforfashion.com/wp-c...tyles-2014.jpg

Tiredofdrugs 07-08-2014 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Live (Post 4767628)

That's cute! Hopefully easy to care for too!

TOD

chicory 07-08-2014 05:03 PM

That would look awesome on you Live! love it.
glad hubs is on a roll of finding things. your glasses are next, only fair!

TB... good gosh, you have some class. I would have told her that patients are why she has a paycheck, and that she sure is the luckiest person I know-having kept her job and all....
I despise hateful nasty people. you are Joe Cool....:)

Venus, I am so happy about your new job!!! good things coming your way. yesterday was 7-7-14(2x7), and maybe 7 is your lucky number. Its mine, but I wasn't lucky yesterday.

Get ready to laugh at how dumb I am! I got new tires earlier in the year.. I kept the old ones, as they had plenty of tread on them, and too good to just give to wallyworld.
I was pulling out of work parking lot, and an older fellow asked 'What would you take for those tires?".....so, instead of asking what he would give me, I just say 'You can have them"....I mean, how dumb can I be? I then asked him,,,' hey, what would you have given me for them? and he said, 'at least 10 dollars' , I just said ' a deals a deal' and drove off. he was surprised and nice. he had a new truck, said they would fit his trailor.. I am a dumb sap. no wonder I am poor....

anyway, sounds like you have good luck with 7's, Venus! Congrats on the job, and I hope you love it!

Impurrfect 07-08-2014 06:33 PM

Live - LOVE that haircut, but I would never be able to get the volume in it. My hairdresser can, but my arms just can't reach to poof it up like she does, standing behind me:)

Chic - you have a sweet heart, and are far from dumb! I paid a guy $30 to change my tire that first night of work because I was in a hurry and it's all I had - now THAT was dumb!

TB - That nurse is lucky I wasn't there. I have my program, but I would have nicely let her have it . I once told a doctor "MD does not spell God. I have total respect for doctors, but I don't respect arrogance or lack of bedside manners". He actually improved a bit after that and I didn't lose that job.

Even when sm had a handicapped thing on her car, when I drove it, I refused to park in handicapped parking. It's just wrong.

Venus - Even though I'm not here as often as I'd like, I do peep in and read throughout the day and am really glad to see you back.

Love to all, sure wish Jay would check in.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy