Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Opiate Taper - Trying to Be Sober by May 23rd. Need Your Support!

Notices

Opiate Taper - Trying to Be Sober by May 23rd. Need Your Support!

Old 05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to wish you WELL.

You can do this and you'll be glad you did!

Just keep moving forward and don't look back.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I have been reading your thread snowflake and have been praying for you and your WD's from the drugs. I will be here to cheer you on if even silently. I imagine many of us are and allowing the experts to really help you through. Mamahawk wow. You are incredible and courageous. God Bless you and your will to overcome.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Snow just so you know I'm feeling much better today in day 5. My back pain is almost gone. I didn't have the runs this time I don't know why but I do know what it's like and how bad it gets. The worst part for me now is no sleep and if I do sleep the nightmares and having to get up and go pee! I've been peeing all day ling. I'm thinking my body is expelling the drugs!!! I've been through much worse withdrawals so I think my mindset of truly being done and cutting off access made them better? Idk. Maybe mindset plays a bigger part in it than I realized.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

We made it to Page 3 of this thread!!! I feel special!!! (excuse me while I sweat some more).

So far my least favorite withdrawal symptom is feeling like I'm freezing cold and burning up... at the same time! That seems almost supernatural.

I'm sure I'll rack up a few more "favorites" in the coming days.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
FT

You can get through a hell of a lot by deciding you can do it.

You CAN do it.

I'm with ya.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm another one of your fans, hoping your are well.

Just keep checking in with us here!
Old 05-21-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Your doing great Snow, pretty soon this will all be a thing of the past. I'm on day 13, can't believe it!
Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I think one or 2 of these posts have been hard on snow. Like any of us- we all will live with the choices we make.

His taper plan- I can completely relate to. To speed mine along I got away from home for a week. I just took off. For me- this help the process along.

If it seems too much like suffering- then I could over act in revserse and mess things up.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

So much of this is mental. By removing any possibility of using and facing it differently WDs have been easier. Still hard but easier.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

You are correct, Mamhawk. While the physical is rough, it can't make you use. The brain has to do that part. The good thing is, it is temporary. Wds can't last forever.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Heh Snow,

Are you in for the next 24 hours?

We're with ya!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Snow, are you quitting today or is the plan for tomorrow? Either way, good luck. I promise you can do this.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey Snow...You might want to not take any today.... takes awhile for the withdrawals to start getting strong anyways ( you will likely feel them tomorrow but you should be able to ignore them enough to get through work) and then you would be giving yourself a bit more time on your recovery time... just a thought? Then odds are you will be in the worst shape Saturday-Sunday...getting a bit better by Monday, and should be capable of functioning for work on Tuesday... Just an idea....
Old 05-22-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Purechaos, I was thinking the same thing. The first day isnt that bad and work will be doable. That buys you an extra day without using vacation.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi guys! I took my last pill today at 9:37 pm. I'm coming in for landing and will be on the ground tomorrow

I thought about not taking any today, and wouldn't have except for the fact that I have one lingering obligation tomorrow evening which is a pain in the ass - I have to drive my cousin to the freaking airport around 4 pm tomorrow and I didn't want to the withdrawals to set in at that time. But I stuck to my plan today - I took 4 pills. Last one just a moment ago. I feel ok about it.

Today was surprisingly easier than yesterday! I felt slow and foggy and slightly achy but nothing like yesterday, when I was sweating and other unpleasant stuff. It was kind of a blessing. I feel like I handled today correctly for me.

So guys, while I can't say I'm sober just in this moment, I will be able to say so tomorrow morning!! Tomorrow I touch ground on my 4-day runway and all I need to do is come to a stop by Tuesday, when the runway ends. I'm on my final approach. Runway in sight!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Snow I'm thinking of you. I hope it's going well. I'm on day 7...if I can, you can. YOU CAN.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey, my friend. How are you?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes snowflake

D
Old 05-23-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good luck Snowflake
Old 05-23-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

DAY ONE: I'm sober guys!!! Today I'm having Restless Leg Syndrome except through my entire body. I'll call it Restless Body Syndrome. I feel achy and foggy, definitely worse than yesterday, but not as bad as Wednesday. But I'm hanging in there. Just waiting for my entitled a**hole cousin to text me back as to what time she needs me to take her to the airport. Who has the nerve to get a free ride to the airport and not let the person kind enough to drive you know when you're supposed to be ready to go??