Notices

So Scared!!! Hydrocodone Addiction

Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Malicious,

I'm so happy for you that your doing so well, your even going to work, that's awesome, I can tell your a strong guy and that's awesome! I took time off from work to get well, I asked for 3 weeks off but I've worked for the same company for 17 years so I got 3 weeks paid leave, I told them it was for depression I work for an ambulance company as a paramedic so I couldn't be honest or I'd be fired, even lose my license especially since I administer iv controlled meds like morphine lol, anyways way to go on your 1 week, you should be very proud of yourself, I hope you have a good day at work!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Opio,

I have been taking natural remedies for everything. I'm taking vitamin b complex to help with dopamine production, vitamin c for energy, melatonin for sleep and potassium supplement for RLS, also drinking tons of water, trying to stay away from caffeine, I cut back on smoking, and eating high protein foods well when I can keep them down that is I can't seem to get rid of the nausea! I'm just having a hard time letting go I think but this is my first time getting clean so not real sure what to expect, even being a paramedic no book could have ever prepared me for what I've actually gone thru!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Day 7 not going as well as I thought got a killer headache and some chills and fatigue from not taking a sub but it's only a 4 hour shift then I'm gonna go home and play Xbox and just red this last bit out
Old 03-31-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Malicious,

So sorry sweetie, I know how you feel, and riding it out is the only way we can do this! Your at 7 days surely the worst is over!!! I'm glad you only have to do a 4 hour shift, is it hard work what u do? Don't let this get you down, fight thru it and stay strong, I can tell just be chatting with ya that your tough, you got this! I'm here if you need to talk, it helps me anyways!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

It was nice tho my usually very stern private boss opened up about how he's got a drinkin problem and today is day one of his sobriety. I was happy he shared it with me Cept I think he's nieve and doesn't think he's gonna have withdrawals but he's prob going too
Old 03-31-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

And I'm a cook so it's pretty demanding
Old 03-31-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Malicious,

Wow that's ironic about your boss coming out with his addiction issues, but yes, if he had any real issues with drinking then **** yeah he's gonna be hurtin soon, poor guy! A cook is hard work but good thing is your gonna sweat and that's really needed right now, get that **** out of you! I've been drinking 1 energy drink each day around lunch time an that's really helped me with fatigue, maybe you could give it a try. I hope you feel better soon, I know subs so hard to kick!

Xoxoxo
Old 03-31-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I should of gone back to work with my job it gives adrenalin rushes witch will help with dopamine production but I knew no way could I lift patients or be a good medic on a wreck scene or do CPR etc oh dear lord lol I never would of made it! I still have about 1 week and a few days before I have to go back but really looking forward to it I love my job I'm such a trauma junkie oh lord the addictive personalites never stop
Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Well I was only on subs a few days but still feeling iffy I'm feeling ok some customers came in and told my bosses the food I make is amazing and they are all happy today so that took my mind off things and I listened to this song that really helps me on bad days

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fDuNuFNG38

Check it out may help
Old 03-31-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Malicious - your boss might show up on the newcomer's forum with a day 1 post! Get ready for some mood swings. Good for him to open up though. That must have been difficult to admit that if he is a private person.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Malicious,

I hate to be the bearer of negativity but being on the subs only put the withdrawals on hold, basically you exchanged 1 opiate for another but it should of helped some with the hardcore parts of detox, the bad thing is addiction isn't easy, there are no easy ways out we all have to pay the piper, it's sad but true!

That's sweet that your customers bragged on you, with only talking to you a couple days I can tell you have a really awesome personality about you and it would be impossible not to like you and want to compliment you, keep the positive attitude and ride thru all of it, remember nothing in life is permanent, it's what we make of it, life isn't solid it's fluid an things change!

I too have done nothing but blog an listen to music these last 11 days, I'm very much into music an it's been so much like therapy for me, music greatly enhances mood, listen to some good old rock n roll and jam out and keep writing about your feelings and progress it helps!

By the way if you don't mind me asking what is your first name?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Matt
Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

And I may have an ok Personality but I am no saint
Old 03-31-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Matt,

I'm Tracie. I wasn't speaking of saint, you seem cool as hell!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you, I appreciate that I like to think I'm a pretty cool dude

Ugh but these body aches
Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

You are cool lol. Have u tried a hot bath? Are you finally off work or u still having to work while feeling like that? Your gonna get thru this, just keep remembering the days ahead are gonna be so much better! I'm glad now that I did this ct cause after all the ******* misery I've been thru this last 11 days I'm scared to death to go back to using again! Your gonna do fine, if my ass can do it being the baby that I am you can do it! Stay strong! You got this sweet heart!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Got like a half hour more or so
But my boss has me workin harder cause I'm moving slow
Old 03-31-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Damn him lol don't he know what your going thru? I mean he should relate since he too is suffering from addiction, omg he just truly don't know the ****** up **** he's in for by tomorrow... He should take a little easier on you especially if he's aware of what's going on! But a half hour won't kill you, breath your almost done! Do you work fast food or restaurant? And I can imagine your busy it's lunch time or at least it is here I'm not sure where u are and our time difference.

I can actually say I'm feeling pretty good today, still fatigue but all in all I took a huge turn for the better sometime in the middle of the night, hope it sticks!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Malicious - the one good thing about having to work through withdrawal is that it gives you a distraction. It sucks physically, but at least you are keeping your mind busy.

TohellanBack - that is great that you are feeling better. Hopefully you will be able to get some sleep tonight. It wasn't until the 4th night on a cold turkey kick that I was able to get more than 0 - 2 hours of sleep, and I was lucky that it came that fast. I don't have much experience with tramadol, but that may have delayed things somewhat. Anyway, it is great that you are turning the corner.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

It did delay my withdrawals I was just blind to that then, I put myself thru more misery longer than I should of I just wish I would of known but these last 6 days without anything just going ct has made me realize how much I am done with the pills, I will never put myself or family thru this again! Now I think malicious is going thru same thing, he took subs for the first few days and now he's starting to feel the effects of having nothing at all!!

I feel so different today, I actually feel like there is life out there!!