Notices

So Scared!!! Hydrocodone Addiction

Old 03-28-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

*some
Old 03-28-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Guys!!! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here. I have not touched a pill since the 23rd!!! I'm not going to lie saying that I haven't thought about it, especially when those dreaded cold/hot chills come over me or when I flop all over the bed trying to get sleep and to get my legs to stop aching, but I have decided that I will not let those things get to me. My husband keeps asking why I seem happier, which makes me laugh cause I never realized I was so bitchy before. I can feel some of my energy come back, but also some depression. I know it has to get better with time. The GREAT news is my mother (which aided in my pill addiction for MANY years) has decided to quit them also!!! She is in her second day and she is already feeling much better. I am determined to keep a healthy and SOBER lifestyle. I have been exercising daily even though I do not feel like it, but it actually makes me feel better afterwards. I have lost 9lbs since I started this process and I could not be happier. Most of all I want to thank every single one of you who has shared your stories and offered words of support! I wish I could hug every one of you. Without you all I honestly don't think I would have made it this far! The old me is finally coming back! Please keep me in your thoughts as I know I still have a LONG road to go, but I am so excited for what the future holds!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

TohellandBack, Congratulations on day 8!!! Thank you for the encouragement. The cold chills are the worst. I hate them! We will make it through this though! We deserve to be happy and sober!!!! Hang in there!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Paladine97, Thank you for the encouragement. I also have a dog depending on me. My 2 year old great dane who has been WONDERFUL throughout this process. She is usually very hyper but every since this process started she has curled up with me and my 3 year old little girl and has been perfectly content. If I didn't have my beautiful child and my big baby of a dog I wouldn't have had the willpower to move!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lillieintherain View Post
TohellandBack, Congratulations on day 8!!! Thank you for the encouragement. The cold chills are the worst. I hate them! We will make it through this though! We deserve to be happy and sober!!!! Hang in there!
Thank you so much and yes, we will beat this, overcome and be better for it!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Tohellandback how are you doing today? I read your story and I think your doing the right thing, keep up the good job! I can relate in so many levels, no one knowing, being super mom, have the perfect life...but all along fighting an addiction you try to justify because it's a legit script :/ I'm currently 38 days in and I'm so grateful for the good lord guiding me back to the right path
Old 03-29-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello Godsent,

I'm doing ok, not great, just ok, I'm getting by. I feel very sluggish, depressed, my mind keeps playing a lot of games with me, I truly don't want the pills but my body had these weird urges to get them, I have had so many mixed emotions these past 3 days as well as mood swings! I so want my life back the way it used to be were I felt full of energy, always on the go, I always smiled, laughed, right now I keep wondering if my life even has meaning, will I ever feel normal again, will I regain my interest in things, will I ever be happy again!!?!?!!?

I so want to congratulate u on being 38 days clean, WOW, that's freaking awesome! If you don't mind me asking, what was your drug of choice and how long was your addiction? Also, at 38 days how are you feeling? I am so happy for you, 38 days is a huge accomplishment!!!

Thank you so much for asking about me, that's truly makes me feel so good!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I was on 30-40 mg of hydrocodone, for around a year and a few months, I'm feeling pretty good besides the anxiety I still get in the morning, but it's way better than at the beginning! You will start to feel better and better, the more time your sober the better! Trust me come here often the people here really care about each other
Old 03-29-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh and not that I'm a creeper or anything but I saw your profile said you were from SA, I'm from Corpus Christi
Old 03-29-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wow your really doing pretty good then, that's great! It scares me tho if your still having anxiety after over a month on just 40 mg a day, I was taking around 40 narcs a day which is about 400-500 mg, does this mean I'm in for an even worse ride or a longer one?? I guess everyone is different on how we heal, but I can't help but to be scared and worried that this may drag on forever I'm just leaving vitamin store, I got some stuff to help with dopamine production and energy as well as some some foods high in protein for dopamine production maybe by the grace of God this will help me, I'm going crazy with no sleep, no energy and not being able to keep food down!!! I can't wait to be where u are with over a month being clean, I am very proud of my 9 days but it is only 9 days which is so new and I have such a long while to go! Do you have your energy back if so about how long into being clean did you get it back? And yes small world I am from near San Antonio actually 30 miiles south of San Antonio a small town called Pleasanton, we actually go to corpus regularly! Pretty cool your so close!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I actually don't have my energy back per say, I'm in that exhausted stage, it's hard to say how your going to feel at 30 days because I thought since I wasn't on high doses for a long time, that by now I'd be 100%, I was never one to have anxiety so that's why it bothers me more, I feel you on the no sleep, no eating I went through that for 14 days :/ what did you get at the health food store? I'm debating weather to try 5-htp for my mood and anxiety but the pharmacist said that I'd have to taper off of it because it could cause depression like symptoms since it enhances your mood?!?! Who knows, I'm gonna wait it out another week till I get to day 45 days and see how I feel!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I went to a Walgreens pharmacy which freaked me out, that's where I got all my scripts at, for a few moments I wanted to get my hands on some pills so bad!

At the pharmacy I went to the consult window and told the pharmacist what was going on and he came out and helped me, I got a victim b complex, vitamin c and high protein foods as well as some natural energy enhancers. I can only pray that they actually work!

Everything I got was natural so nothing I will become addicted to that was one of the main things I told the pharmacist was I wanted nothing that would become a problem!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

What is the high in protein foods?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Raw almonds, raw veggies like califlour an broccoli, red meats, milk, cheese and I was told to eat high end dark chocolates and to stand in the sun as well as lots of water. All help with dopamine production
Old 03-29-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh ok, I'm gonna try some of these!!!! I'm gonna keep you in prayer, just remember your not alone and post here often, ask questions, cry, whatever it is your feeling, it helps!!!! You got this, getting outside on a beautiful day does seem to help
Old 03-29-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ok, I only took the vitamin b complex with vitamin c in it right at 2 hours ago and I can already tell a very tiny difference, I also drank a large glass of milk, ate some raw almonds an 1 banana and I'm feeling a very tiny difference, I don't feel so gloomy an my legs don't feel as weak! Maybe my research an trip to drug store really paid off, we'll see! Good luck Godsent, your so sweet and I'm so happy our paths crossed, God bless you and be well, please keep in touch

Last edited by TohellanBack; 03-29-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Miss spelled words
Old 03-29-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I deff will be in contact, glad your feeling a difference
Old 03-30-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Tohellanback how are you feeling today?
Old 03-30-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Today has been a really bad day I can't shake this low feeling, I'm just so down! I feel better as far as withdrawals is concerned but I just feel like my life has no meaning or purpose!!! Thank you for asking! How are you?
Old 03-30-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I hope you get out and enjoy this beautiful Texas weather today, it will help your mood I'm doing good!