Notices

Confused wife

Old 01-13-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Please get tested for all std if he could have been w hooker. Im sorry.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

You're not crazy for staying so long when you love someone and they're a drug addict and you don't understand what that really means, hoping things will get better. But you can reach out for help, there are people who understand these situations who can help.

The longer he goes on without suffering the natural consequences of his using behavior the longer it will take for him to want to change.

Time to put yourself first. Who needs to live that way? You deserve better for you & your son. He's putting you and your son at risk by bringing drugs into the house, the possibility of std's, the mental and emotional wear and tear of the situation.

I've been on both sides of family addiction and keeping it a secret is "what we do". It's hard to reach out for help but you did wonderfully by starting here.

Now call an addiction counseling place or a few until you get someone to talk to who can offer more support and direction. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Plenty of human beings have substance abuse issues in the family and reaching out for help is a good positive step.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've been an addict for 23 years of which 8 years with my wife... I've been married for 4 years and with all what happened with me during my addiction i have never done something that disrespects my wife or baby girl!!!!
Sometimes you have to get tough with an addict so he could realize that if he stays on with his addiction he's gona loose evrthg.... even you and that worked with me and my wife!!!! she threatened me several times that she was gona leave me.....